Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Private Jets is giving 2 Delta One tickets to Europe when you buy a 250k jet ca

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Private Jets is giving 2 Delta One tickets to Europe when you buy a 250k jet ca

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2017, 6:11 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I hadn't seen this anywhere.

Buy a Delta Private Jets' jet card with a value of 250k or more and get to Delta One tickets to Europe. The tickets are in the form of restricted certificates which gives them a dubious value, nonetheless, an interesting promotion.

https://privatejetcardcomparisons.co...ard/#more-8723
Old Dec 13, 2017, 6:53 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM+, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I guess we figured out how people are going to hit the AMEX waiver next year...
Old Dec 13, 2017, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No need to spend $250K for the waiver

Delta Private Jets over the past two years has been trying to leverage its ties to a major, global commercial airline. You can use your jet card balance to purchase both commercial and private flights. You also get SkyMiles Diamond Medallion Status for purchases of $100,000 or more and 20% discount off published Delta fares in select classes. You also get transfers between commercial and private flights in a Porsche vehicle in select markets and airports.

LUMRS likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 2:28 pm

Programs: Delta 1 Million Miler, Delta DM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
I’m also of the mindset that someone who purchased $250K in private jet time can easily afford two Delta One tickets of their own. Nice perk but seems like a pocket change prize to the type of clientele we’re talking about here. Like saying to me if I bought $250 worth of Disney tickets, they’d give me $2 off as a gesture of thanks.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 3:09 pm

Programs: DL DM; Hyatt Globalist; etc
Originally Posted by DLDiamond2013
I’m also of the mindset that someone who purchased $250K in private jet time can easily afford two Delta One tickets of their own. Nice perk but seems like a pocket change prize to the type of clientele we’re talking about here. Like saying to me if I bought $250 worth of Disney tickets, they’d give me $2 off as a gesture of thanks.
Perhaps it's a tool to get high net-worth individuals to try out Delta One in the hopes that they'll purchase it more in the future? If you've already gotten someone to drop all of that $$, it stands to reason that you might want to give them a taste of your high-end product to entice them to buy it.

@Nicoolio: too bad, I already loaded my Delta Private Jets account with $250k to top up my SkyMiles account on my Gold Delta Amex, maybe next year
Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:00 am

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by DLDiamond2013

Honestly, I don't believe that mindset accurately reflects the average DPJ customer. We bought a $250K DPJ card in 2016, and I would have loved to have received this offer at the time. We used about 40% in charter (which burns FAST), and the remainder in FC/D1 flights, with a little left over going into 2018. Most DPJ customers are small businesses like us. Most private DPJ clientele can't afford or justify a higher-end solution, so offering what amounts to a couple of $10K vouchers for D1 is a very useful and welcome perk. In fact, it might tip us in favor of re-upping our DPJ, as we're not entirely certain we'll do it again.

Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:31 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by manacit
Perhaps it's a tool to get high net-worth individuals to try out Delta One in the hopes that they'll purchase it more in the future? If you've already gotten someone to drop all of that $$, it stands to reason that you might want to give them a taste of your high-end product to entice them to buy it.

@Nicoolio: too bad, I already loaded my Delta Private Jets account with $250k to top up my SkyMiles account on my Gold Delta Amex, maybe next year
Anyone with that much $$$ to drop has probably already been in F on EK, SQ, QR... Delta One would be an insult.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 4:13 am

Programs: Delta 1 Million Miler, Delta DM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by TheHorta
Honestly, I don't believe that mindset accurately reflects the average DPJ customer. We bought a $250K DPJ card in 2016, and I would have loved to have received this offer at the time. We used about 40% in charter (which burns FAST), and the remainder in FC/D1 flights, with a little left over going into 2018. Most DPJ customers are small businesses like us. Most private DPJ clientele can't afford or justify a higher-end solution, so offering what amounts to a couple of $10K vouchers for D1 is a very useful and welcome perk. In fact, it might tip us in favor of re-upping our DPJ, as we're not entirely certain we'll do it again.
Fair enough. I do not have the $$$ for DPJ so appreciate the perspective. I only buy D1 in cash when it’s “reasonable” for my budget.
TheHorta likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.