Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Private Jets is giving 2 Delta One tickets to Europe when you buy a 250k jet ca

Delta Private Jets is giving 2 Delta One tickets to Europe when you buy a 250k jet ca

Old Dec 13, 17, 6:11 pm
  #1  
Suspended
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 557
Delta Private Jets is giving 2 Delta One tickets to Europe when you buy a 250k jet ca

I hadn't seen this anywhere.

Buy a Delta Private Jets' jet card with a value of 250k or more and get to Delta One tickets to Europe. The tickets are in the form of restricted certificates which gives them a dubious value, nonetheless, an interesting promotion.

https://privatejetcardcomparisons.co...ard/#more-8723
Nicoolio is offline  
Old Dec 13, 17, 6:53 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Programs: DL DM 1MM+, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Posts: 58
I guess we figured out how people are going to hit the AMEX waiver next year...
Worldtraveler727 is offline  
Old Dec 13, 17, 8:12 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: JAX
Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Posts: 5,325
No need to spend $250K for the waiver

Delta Private Jets over the past two years has been trying to leverage its ties to a major, global commercial airline. You can use your jet card balance to purchase both commercial and private flights. You also get SkyMiles Diamond Medallion Status for purchases of $100,000 or more and 20% discount off published Delta fares in select classes. You also get transfers between commercial and private flights in a Porsche vehicle in select markets and airports.

LUMRS likes this.
TomMM is offline  
Old Dec 14, 17, 2:28 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: MIA
Programs: Delta 1 Million Miler, Delta DM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Posts: 241
I’m also of the mindset that someone who purchased $250K in private jet time can easily afford two Delta One tickets of their own. Nice perk but seems like a pocket change prize to the type of clientele we’re talking about here. Like saying to me if I bought $250 worth of Disney tickets, they’d give me $2 off as a gesture of thanks.
DLDiamond2013 is offline  
Old Dec 14, 17, 3:09 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Seattle
Programs: DL DM; HZ PC; Natl Exec Elite; SPG; Amex Plat
Posts: 382
Originally Posted by DLDiamond2013 View Post
I’m also of the mindset that someone who purchased $250K in private jet time can easily afford two Delta One tickets of their own. Nice perk but seems like a pocket change prize to the type of clientele we’re talking about here. Like saying to me if I bought $250 worth of Disney tickets, they’d give me $2 off as a gesture of thanks.
Perhaps it's a tool to get high net-worth individuals to try out Delta One in the hopes that they'll purchase it more in the future? If you've already gotten someone to drop all of that $$, it stands to reason that you might want to give them a taste of your high-end product to entice them to buy it.

@Nicoolio: too bad, I already loaded my Delta Private Jets account with $250k to top up my SkyMiles account on my Gold Delta Amex, maybe next year
manacit is offline  
Old Dec 15, 17, 12:00 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: HSV
Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Posts: 1,386
Originally Posted by DLDiamond2013 View Post
I’m also of the mindset that someone who purchased $250K in private jet time can easily afford two Delta One tickets of their own. Nice perk but seems like a pocket change prize to the type of clientele we’re talking about here. Like saying to me if I bought $250 worth of Disney tickets, they’d give me $2 off as a gesture of thanks.


Honestly, I don't believe that mindset accurately reflects the average DPJ customer. We bought a $250K DPJ card in 2016, and I would have loved to have received this offer at the time. We used about 40% in charter (which burns FAST), and the remainder in FC/D1 flights, with a little left over going into 2018. Most DPJ customers are small businesses like us. Most private DPJ clientele can't afford or justify a higher-end solution, so offering what amounts to a couple of $10K vouchers for D1 is a very useful and welcome perk. In fact, it might tip us in favor of re-upping our DPJ, as we're not entirely certain we'll do it again.

TheHorta is offline  
Old Dec 15, 17, 12:31 am
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Orlando, FL Area
Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbant, SPG Gold
Posts: 26,871
Originally Posted by manacit View Post
Perhaps it's a tool to get high net-worth individuals to try out Delta One in the hopes that they'll purchase it more in the future? If you've already gotten someone to drop all of that $$, it stands to reason that you might want to give them a taste of your high-end product to entice them to buy it.

@Nicoolio: too bad, I already loaded my Delta Private Jets account with $250k to top up my SkyMiles account on my Gold Delta Amex, maybe next year
Anyone with that much $$$ to drop has probably already been in F on EK, SQ, QR... Delta One would be an insult.
readywhenyouare is offline  
Old Dec 15, 17, 4:13 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: MIA
Programs: Delta 1 Million Miler, Delta DM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Posts: 241
Originally Posted by TheHorta View Post
Honestly, I don't believe that mindset accurately reflects the average DPJ customer. We bought a $250K DPJ card in 2016, and I would have loved to have received this offer at the time. We used about 40% in charter (which burns FAST), and the remainder in FC/D1 flights, with a little left over going into 2018. Most DPJ customers are small businesses like us. Most private DPJ clientele can't afford or justify a higher-end solution, so offering what amounts to a couple of $10K vouchers for D1 is a very useful and welcome perk. In fact, it might tip us in favor of re-upping our DPJ, as we're not entirely certain we'll do it again.
Fair enough. I do not have the $$$ for DPJ so appreciate the perspective. I only buy D1 in cash when it’s “reasonable” for my budget.
TheHorta likes this.
DLDiamond2013 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: