FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Private Jets is giving 2 Delta One tickets to Europe when you buy a 250k jet ca
Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:00 am
TheHorta

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
Originally Posted by DLDiamond2013
I’m also of the mindset that someone who purchased $250K in private jet time can easily afford two Delta One tickets of their own. Nice perk but seems like a pocket change prize to the type of clientele we’re talking about here. Like saying to me if I bought $250 worth of Disney tickets, they’d give me $2 off as a gesture of thanks.

Honestly, I don't believe that mindset accurately reflects the average DPJ customer. We bought a $250K DPJ card in 2016, and I would have loved to have received this offer at the time. We used about 40% in charter (which burns FAST), and the remainder in FC/D1 flights, with a little left over going into 2018. Most DPJ customers are small businesses like us. Most private DPJ clientele can't afford or justify a higher-end solution, so offering what amounts to a couple of $10K vouchers for D1 is a very useful and welcome perk. In fact, it might tip us in favor of re-upping our DPJ, as we're not entirely certain we'll do it again.