Wiki Posts
Search

to the four _______ on DL 837 today

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2017, 2:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, DL DM
Originally Posted by pvn
nah

like you said, this is what eye masks are for.
I just don't find them comfortable but the overall impact is low since I can sleep either way.

I do think with things like the 787 where they can be centrally controlled airlines should have rules on dark times.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA; Delta GM
Just for future reference, my other half always has the window seat and has to have the window shade open as much as possible at all times. Believe it or not, it's one of the ways he copes with flying - the ability to look out the window.

But he will lower the shade if asked, always.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 2:37 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Skymiles, Mileage Plus, BA Executive Club, WorldPerks
I always keep the window shade up unless someone asks me to close it. Even then I'll keep it up part-way. What I see outside the cabin, even after sixty years of flying, never ceases to amaze me. Beats anything they show on inflight "entertainment."
DiverDave, GRALISTAIR, pvn and 3 others like this.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 3:24 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by KingBraden
I do think with things like the 787 where they can be centrally controlled airlines should have rules on dark times.
One Darth Vader per plane would be sufficient to secure some dark times
Old Dec 10, 2017, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by ss278
I always keep the window shade up unless someone asks me to close it. Even then I'll keep it up part-way. What I see outside the cabin, even after sixty years of flying, never ceases to amaze me. Beats anything they show on inflight "entertainment."
^ this, x1000, to all four sentences
Old Dec 10, 2017, 4:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
I'll agree with you on the very gross nail clipping but next time book a window seat if you want control over the shade. On day flights I'd much rather look out the window than use IFE.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
On more than one occasion I have picked up a cigarette butt thrown on the ground and handed it back the idiot that thinks his Mother is going to pick up after him.

I realize that confronting an idiot clipping his nails would be difficult. But, presenting him with his "trash" would not be so difficult. Excuse me sir, this just landed on my seat. I think it is yours.

Even the biggest jerk would feel just a little remorse.

What a jerk.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 7:52 pm

Programs: Delta 1 Million Miler, Delta DM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Oh the window shade. I rarely sit at the window, but when I do, I feel that it’s mine to control. For that reason, I never ask my window seat fliers on my flights to do anything with the shade - I feel that it’s up to them to do as they please with it. I see it as the privilege of either having chosen or having been assigned the window seat. If I cared about the shade, I’d choose the window seat. But I prefer aisle for other reasons.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 7:52 pm

Programs: Delta 1 Million Miler, Delta DM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
On more than one occasion I have picked up a cigarette butt thrown on the ground and handed it back the idiot that thinks his Mother is going to pick up after him.

I realize that confronting an idiot clipping his nails would be difficult. But, presenting him with his "trash" would not be so difficult. Excuse me sir, this just landed on my seat. I think it is yours.

What a jerk.
Love all of this.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by DCP2016
... book a window seat if you want control over the shade. ...
OP stated he was in 5J, which is a window; OP was complaining about the person in 5A directly opposite him (and we’re talking about an A330-300 with 9 rows of F ahead of the #2 doors)
Old Dec 10, 2017, 8:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: Rapid Rewards, AAdvantage, SkyMiles
Originally Posted by jrl767

OP stated he was in 5J, which is a window; OP was complaining about the person in 5A directly opposite him (and we’re talking about an A330-300 with 9 rows of F ahead of the #2 doors)

Got it. Even worse than, as you have control over your window(s), but you don't have the right to control other people's window shades. If it bothered OP so much he should've gotten a FA involved, who are the only ones that have authority over that.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 8:53 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by NoStressHere

What a jerk.
maybe if I had some tweezers or latex gloves in my bag, otherwise, uh, no way.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 8:54 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
but yeah, anyone clipping their nails on a plane (or in the gate area, lounge, or basically anywhere other than the privacy of their own home/hotel room) should be ejected at 35,000 feet
Old Dec 11, 2017, 12:09 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by soxfanndc
so I know ATL was crazy the last few days. Snow freaks (some) ppl out in ATL but the crazy-ness did not have to carry over onboard DL #837 today ATL-HNL. So i was in 5J
1) 6J sits down and within (MAYBE) 30 seconds of sitting down anxiously asking the FA "will PDB's be served" dude CHILL. You've just sat down. there are other ppl on the aircraft who may need help w luggage, seating issues, or other assistance. we are at least 30 mins from departure. CHILL
2) "genius" dude in 3D I think it was who clipped his fingernails two different times during the flight as he sat at his seat. Ew! not to mention that you'd also clipped your nails in the departure area before the flight. How long are your friggin' nails?
3) to the "wonderful" dude in 3J who checked on (translation, "badgered") his female companion in 4J probably every 10 mins during the flight and YES, even she looked annoyed.
4) oh, and to the gent in 5A who kept his window shade open the ENTIRE daylight flight. yes, I'm aware that maybe there was a medical reason or some other valid reason for doing so, all I"m saying is that I"m glad I wasn't too terribly close to you, that woulda annoyed the crap outta me for 9.5 hrs...........
LOL, God forbid someone look out a window that is placed on the side of an aircraft for just such use ... some folks, myself included, never tire of the spectacular view that is afforded when at 30K feet + above our normal view.

I'm also willing to bet that you could politely ask the person to lower the shade and prevent the world from coming to an end.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 2:17 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum; Hilton Gold
I'm just wondering how many trolls will now clip their fingernails on a plane after reading this (and practice so hard so it lands in their seatmate's soup when sitting in the middle).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.