FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   to the four _______ on DL 837 today (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1881965-four-_______-dl-837-today.html)

soxfanndc Dec 9, 2017 9:57 pm

to the four _______ on DL 837 today

so I know ATL was crazy the last few days. Snow freaks (some) ppl out in ATL but the crazy-ness did not have to carry over onboard DL #837 today ATL-HNL. So i was in 5J
1) 6J sits down and within (MAYBE) 30 seconds of sitting down anxiously asking the FA "will PDB's be served" dude CHILL. You've just sat down. there are other ppl on the aircraft who may need help w luggage, seating issues, or other assistance. we are at least 30 mins from departure. CHILL
2) "genius" dude in 3D I think it was who clipped his fingernails two different times during the flight as he sat at his seat. Ew! not to mention that you'd also clipped your nails in the departure area before the flight. How long are your friggin' nails?
3) to the "wonderful" dude in 3J who checked on (translation, "badgered") his female companion in 4J probably every 10 mins during the flight and YES, even she looked annoyed.
4) oh, and to the gent in 5A who kept his window shade open the ENTIRE daylight flight. yes, I'm aware that maybe there was a medical reason or some other valid reason for doing so, all I"m saying is that I"m glad I wasn't too terribly close to you, that woulda annoyed the crap outta me for 9.5 hrs...........

Dalewood Dec 9, 2017 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by soxfanndc (Post 29155241)
... oh, and to the gent in 5A who kept his window shade open the ENTIRE daylight flight. yes, I'm aware that maybe there was a medical reason or some other valid reason for doing so, all I"m saying is that I"m glad I wasn't too terribly close to you, that woulda annoyed the crap outta me for 9.5 hrs...........

I am one of those people who likes the shade up unless the sun is absolutely BEAMING into the cabin. Is that a faux pas? The number of people who close the shade right after takeoff has always surprised me. Now if my seatmate requests the shade to be lowered so he/she can see the video screen, I certainly do not mind that.

kettle1 Dec 9, 2017 10:34 pm

Have a Mai Tai or three and some macadamia nuts. Everything will be alright. Enjoy the pure Aloha of Hawaii.

steveholt Dec 10, 2017 12:12 am

1) This person is probably on FT if they're that obsessed with PDBs, so you may not get a ton of sympathy there
2) Gross, but also, why are you staring at this person repeatedly clipping their nails?
3) Who are you sarcastically quoting when you say "wonderful"? Did he say he was wonderful? You say that he was badgering 4J but that 4J was his companion? Is it that weird to talk to your companion every 10 minutes on a flight? I agree it would have been a better choice to sit next to one another, but perhaps they were upgraded on the day of the flight or had IRROPS and couldn't get seats next to one another.
4) Plenty of reasons why somebody would keep a windowshade open for an entire daylight flight, as you mentioned, which makes it even more bizarre that you found it to be such a faux pas. I keep my window shade open across time zones as much as possible to adjust to the time change and stay awake when I'm trying not to sleep. If that bothers someone else in the cabin and they ask me about it, I'll close it most of the way. If it bothered you, you could have put your eyemask on and avoided all of the people who seemed to be ruining your flight to HNL.

CodeAdam10 Dec 10, 2017 12:20 am

OP, I'm sorry to read you were having a bad day. I hope you're feeling better now that you have reached Hawaii. Have a good trip and cheer up! :)

soxfanndc Dec 10, 2017 1:01 am

Thanks everyone. Steve: re: "why was i staring at him" well... he was in 3G and I was in 5J, it's a lil hard to miss the SOUND and also, one of his clippings landed on the edge of my seat...... And to the prev poster - YES the local mai tai helped. LOL. thnx. safe travels everyone.

bubbashow Dec 10, 2017 8:27 am

I want to be your friend :)

WWGuy Dec 10, 2017 8:52 am

MYOFB.

indufan Dec 10, 2017 8:56 am

My window seat. My window shade.

enviroian Dec 10, 2017 11:45 am

Originally Posted by WWGuy (Post 29156425)
MYOFB.

minding your own business ends the second a piece of someone's fingernail lands on my seat.

KingBraden Dec 10, 2017 11:51 am

Originally Posted by Dalewood (Post 29155285)
I am one of those people who likes the shade up unless the sun is absolutely BEAMING into the cabin. Is that a faux pas? The number of people who close the shade right after takeoff has always surprised me. Now if my seatmate requests the shade to be lowered so he/she can see the video screen, I certainly do not mind that.

This has the potential to stir debate but I think any over water flight they should be down. Mainly because a lot of people want to sleep and one open window lights up the whole cabin. On the other hand people do have the option for eye masks. Thankfully I am pretty good at sleeping in light conditions.

Sealink Dec 10, 2017 12:00 pm

I was on a DL flight the other day and the passenger is 1C basically delayed boarding by about 5 minutes
Just would not sit down and kept checking his luggage in the overhead locker. Then got his coat out. Then put it back.
It was a CRJ so already cramped but he was completely oblivious to anybody else. Crew were strangely silent.

pvn Dec 10, 2017 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by KingBraden (Post 29157025)
This has the potential to stir debate but I think any over water flight they should be down.

nah

like you said, this is what eye masks are for.

spongenotbob Dec 10, 2017 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by soxfanndc (Post 29155241)
4) oh, and to the gent in 5A who kept his window shade open the ENTIRE daylight flight. yes, I'm aware that maybe there was a medical reason or some other valid reason for doing so, all I"m saying is that I"m glad I wasn't too terribly close to you, that woulda annoyed the crap outta me for 9.5 hrs...........

Medical Reason?

How about I chose a window seat because I like looking out the window and it's a DAYTIME flight. None of your business.

DYKWIA much?

Enjoy Hawaii, I'm sure you will find 1,001 reasons to complain on your first day there also...

flyupfrnt Dec 10, 2017 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by spongenotbob (Post 29157227)
Medical Reason?

How about I chose a window seat because I like looking out the window and it's a DAYTIME flight. ...

​​​​​​​my thoughts exactly.