Legroom of Delta Comfort+ vs. Exit Row

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2018, 5:31 pm

Programs: Skymiles
Never pick the exit row on a CRJ-200.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 7:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kevincrumbs
I just booked a domestic business trip (JFK - PDX) in which I am currently in an exit row, 18, of a 737-800. After booking my flight, I have discovered that my employer is willing to pay for my confirmed upgrade to Comfort+. If I only care about the legroom, am I better off remaining in row 18 or should I upgrade to Comfort+?
Exit row will have better legroom. The tray tables are in the armrest's (making them immovable), but otherwise they will have more legroom.
kevincrumbs likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2018, 1:07 pm

Programs: IHG Spire
Originally Posted by David Carabetta
Never pick the exit row on a CRJ-200.
Why? I know, *all* seats on a CRJ suck, but 8B/C are second only to 1B/C and that's if I only have one carryon.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 7:37 pm

Programs: Delta PM
I was just considering this for PDX-JFK and decided to book an aisle seat in row 18. I think this is the right choice
Old Feb 27, 2018, 7:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I just did DTW-LGA on the A320 in the first exit row and was blown away by the amount of legroom.....it was way better than FC even.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by kevincrumbs
I just booked a domestic business trip (JFK - PDX) in which I am currently in an exit row, 18, of a 737-800. After booking my flight, I have discovered that my employer is willing to pay for my confirmed upgrade to Comfort+. If I only care about the legroom, am I better off remaining in row 18 or should I upgrade to Comfort+?
Be careful, some of those seats have very thin cushions. On any flight longer than an hour, it can be excruciating torture.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 5:23 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by OroroT
the exit rows..... the seats typically dont recline.
Usually two adjacent rows are designated as exit rows. If you choose the one that's behind the other one (row 27 instead of row 26 for example) the seats recline, since they aren't impeding on exit space as the seats in front would be.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by flyerslc
Be careful, some of those seats have very thin cushions. On any flight longer than an hour, it can be excruciating torture.
Very true. Even some FC seats can be surprisingly unforgiving, especially after a few hours in the air. I always travel with this buttsaver:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005W4N33U/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005W4N33U/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
. Makes a huge difference, weighs nothing, and takes up very little space in my bag. When I’m traveling with a laptop I don’t even roll it up, I slide it into the space between the laptop and the outside of the bag, which gives added protection to the laptop.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 9:19 am

Programs: UA Plat, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat
To reiterate what most posters have said, generally there is more leg room in exit rows vs. C+. As a person of great stature, I almost always select exit rows when booking due to the legroom (most of my flying is on A32X family, with the 738/9 thrown in from time to time). I've gotten a surprising amount of empty middle seats in exit rows as well, while C+ is packed tight.

As always, YMMV... but when in doubt, Seatguru is your friend.
Old Feb 28, 2018, 9:44 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by boeingguy1
To reiterate what most posters have said, generally there is more leg room in exit rows vs. C+. As a person of great stature, I almost always select exit rows when booking due to the legroom (most of my flying is on A32X family, with the 738/9 thrown in from time to time). I've gotten a surprising amount of empty middle seats in exit rows as well, while C+ is packed tight.

As always, YMMV... but when in doubt, Seatguru is your friend.
Was just about to post this as well on middle seats being empty on exit rows.
I’ve been on flights where C+ is packed to the gills and main cabin has empty seats galore. Makes no sense to me. I prefer the exit row also.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.