Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Legroom of Delta Comfort+ vs. Exit Row

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2017, 3:56 pm
Original Poster

Legroom of Delta Comfort+ vs. Exit Row

Is there more leg room at an exit row seat or in a seat on Delta Comfort+?
Old Dec 9, 2017, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
What's the specific aircraft?
Old Dec 9, 2017, 8:43 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA
When flying in steerage on a domestic route, I almost always go for the exit rows. Usually much more legroom than C+. On a longer route I make sure to have my neck pillow if I want to doze, since the seats typically dont recline. Another benefit is the plane can be half full, but C+ will always be full, so being in an exit row I have a better chance for an open seat next to me, or can easily jump ship to another seat. Exit rows also mean I wont sit next to any kids or mothers with infants.

I'll usually only opt for C+ on an evening flight home where I might want a couple of free drinks.
EqualOpp likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 12:42 am

It depends quite a lot on the aircraft. I *think* the exit row on a 737 has no more space than Comfort+. But on a 777 some of the exit rows have real doors and bulkheads with 6+ feet of leg room. I’d check SeatGuru or search the forum for specific aircraft.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 7:22 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Depends drastically on the aircraft (is there a echo in here?).

On MD-88 the exit rows (32/33) have significantly more leg room, but not a good option with tight connection as you are pretty much last off the plane.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 7:56 am

Programs: Delta, AA, Hilton
Originally Posted by OroroT
When flying in steerage on a domestic route, I almost always go for the exit rows. Usually much more legroom than C+. On a longer route I make sure to have my neck pillow if I want to doze, since the seats typically dont recline. Another benefit is the plane can be half full, but C+ will always be full, so being in an exit row I have a better chance for an open seat next to me, or can easily jump ship to another seat. Exit rows also mean I wont sit next to any kids or mothers with infants.

I'll usually only opt for C+ on an evening flight home where I might want a couple of free drinks.
I follow a similar strategy. Exit rows on short flights up to around 2 hours and C+ if I can get it for longer flights for the snack basket and drinks. I've found that if there is more than one row of exit seating together the back row usually does recline, but it does depend on the plane and the carrier if it's a Delta connection flight. One caution is that the exit seats have hard sides so if you have a large backside that could make for an uncomfortable flight.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
What's the specific aircraft?
It would be a 757-200 from LAX to SJO in Costa Rica
Old Dec 10, 2017, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
On a single date I checked in March, that flight appears to be operated by a domestic config 757-200. Everything has been refurbed (or is presently in the shop to refurb) to one of three configs:

75D non-ETOPS
75H ETOPS with an identical seat count
75P - the few ex-Shanghai aircraft after their 2nd round of refurbishment

Any of those could be used for a specific date.

rwoman's Comfort+ thread is very comprehensive but I don't know if the 75D/H/P remarks are current.

FAQ: Comfort+ Seating

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1519259-official-757-200-interior-mod-tracking-thread.html
Old Dec 10, 2017, 5:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
On a single date I checked in March, that flight appears to be operated by a domestic config 757-200. Everything has been refurbed (or is presently in the shop to refurb) to one of three configs:

75D non-ETOPS
75H ETOPS with an identical seat count
75P - the few ex-Shanghai aircraft after their 2nd round of refurbishment

Any of those could be used for a specific date.

rwoman's Comfort+ thread is very comprehensive but I don't know if the 75D/H/P remarks are current.

FAQ: Comfort+ Seating

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1519259-official-757-200-interior-mod-tracking-thread.html
I think it will be the 75D that I'm flying in.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 8:36 am

Programs: Delta PM
Recently, I was "upgraded" out of my exit row seat to a C+ aisle seat. (even though I had opted out of upgrades to C+)
I was very unhappy.

I use my Pl Amex for "free" drinks, but I seldom need to.

Last edited by wxman22; Dec 11, 2017 at 8:42 am Reason: addition
Old Dec 11, 2017, 8:38 am

Programs: Delta Plat
It depends on the aircraft, some c+ seats have more room than exit row and some exit row have more room than first class seats.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 7:04 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by cphan17
I think it will be the 75D that I'm flying in.
If all you're interested in is legroom, 19B,19C have the absolute most in that configuration. I don't even mind the middle seat for that row. Tray tables are in the armrest.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 7:46 am

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
The best legroom in the entire Delta fleet has to be on the newly-renovated 737-800 in row 10 (the first row of C+); has to be at least 5' between that row and row 4 in F.

Some of the exit rows on A320s (and possibly 319s) have outstanding leg room.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 8:45 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by defrosted
Depends drastically on the aircraft (is there a echo in here?).

On MD-88 the exit rows (32/33) have significantly more leg room, but not a good option with tight connection as you are pretty much last off the plane.
You forgot row 24 (believe 25 is also with extra legroom) on an MD 88. It's an exit row with good legroom and I pick it over C+.

Row 32 is awful to me. Loud and way at the back.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 5:02 pm

Programs: Free agent!
I just booked a domestic business trip (JFK - PDX) in which I am currently in an exit row, 18, of a 737-800. After booking my flight, I have discovered that my employer is willing to pay for my confirmed upgrade to Comfort+. If I only care about the legroom, am I better off remaining in row 18 or should I upgrade to Comfort+?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.