Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Million Miler Gift - Fewer Options to Select From?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Million Miler Gift - Fewer Options to Select From?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2019, 6:56 am

Looking again at the email, they’ve taken Hartmann off of the list of gifts in the email. It still shows it as a category on the gift site but without any items available. I doubt they dynamically adjusted the email to not list Hartmann, so perhaps they’re eliminating this gift option?
Old Sep 15, 2019, 3:55 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Originally Posted by AMPfromBNA
If not, this is really disappointing. For those of us flying enough to earn this benefit, we’re aware of the benefit and see colleagues receive these prior gifts. It does feel that Delta has devalued this program and this devalued my contribution to their business relative to friends and colleagues who received this benefit/gift in recent years.
Super disappointing, as I close in on MM myself.

But Delta, taking things away from loyal elites and not valuing us -- No, say it isn't so!
Old Sep 15, 2019, 4:10 pm

Programs: RDM AS 100K - 1MM / DL DM - 3MM / Marriott Ambassador - Lifetime Titanium Elite
I will hit 3 million on Tuesday. My Gold status, which I received at 2 million miles, is not worth as much today as it was back then because it was the middle tier with Platinum above and Silver below.

When they added Diamond Medallion without making any adjustments for 2 million milers, they downgraded its value.

At least it sounds like I can pick a really nice gift
Old Sep 22, 2019, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
I just hit 3 MM and, like others here, find the selection very disappointing.

The website says that it offers Hartmann Samsonite items, but they are all Samsonite (yes, I know Samsonite bought Hartmann). BTW, didn't Hartmann previously provide a lifetime warranty? From their website, I see that it is now 10 years like Samsonite. My Hartmann bag from 2 MM is showing wear, but is still serving its purpose quite well. Not going to replace it with Samsonite.

As to Tumi, the only item that provided any possible utility was the Corporate Collection Weekender Duffel. When I sought some more info about it on the Tumi website, I could find none. Further searching revealed that this is a stripped down product targeted to the corporate swag-gift market. Traveling with this would leave me with the same sort of feeling I'd get wearing a "Rolex" bought on the street in Beijing.

Cheaper merchandise, moving from awarding lifetime elite status to annual-as-long-as-we-feel-like-it-status, and not adjusting the elite levels after Diamond was created (3 MM should qualify for PM!)... all of this devalues the Million Miler program.

I'm in no hurry to select an award item.

Originally Posted by AMPfromBNA
Just hit MM as DM for past 6 years averaging $25-30k spend each year. Options available today do not include any Hartmann options whatsoever and Tumi items limited to makeup/toiletry bags and a tote. No backpack, suitcase, or briefcases available from Tumi. For that matter, no backpack or briefcase whatsoever, and no options for miles.

I guess Ill wait it out and see if any new options pop up in the next year. If not, this is really disappointing. For those of us flying enough to earn this benefit, we’re aware of the benefit and see colleagues receive these prior gifts. It does feel that Delta has devalued this program and this devalued my contribution to their business relative to friends and colleagues who received this benefit/gift in recent years.

Old Sep 27, 2019, 7:18 pm

Programs: Delta, Hilton, National, Marriott
I just hit 2M and really disappointed. No acknowledgement from Delta other than an email, not much in terms of gift selection and really nothing to gloat about since 2M gets you lifetime Gold which is worth nothing these days.. Wish they gave 2M milers free executive membership to Sky Clubs!
Old Sep 27, 2019, 9:14 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
I'm in no hurry to select an award item.
Keep in mind Delta instituted a deadline for selecting an award, so don't delay too long - I think you only get six months now before the opportunity expires completely.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 6:08 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I made million miler status last month. Had a choice of gifts, 6 colors of a Samsonite roll aboard, selection of Tiffany items and 9 choices of Tumi products. Opted for a Tumi tote, which folds flat and we can take on trips to bring back purchases.
acrophobia likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 7:37 pm

Programs: UA - G (mm), DL - DM, MM, AA - Plat
Hit MM last month. Ordered a Hartman backpack. That was five weeks ago. So far nothing has arrived and my email to Delta has gone unanswered.

Not so special.

having said that, I have had some very very nice thank you notes from pursers on my flights to and from Europe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.