Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Million Miler Gift - Fewer Options to Select From?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Million Miler Gift - Fewer Options to Select From?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2017, 12:51 am

Programs: DL SPlat, KLM Bump, Privium Plus, GOES
Originally Posted by Spent_All_My_Miles
Do you happen to remember how many miles? I reached 1 MM earlier this year, and they weren't an option.
I'm surprised that all the options DL offers are things that directly cost it money; nothing is "house money" like miles or upgrades.
I think a fair number of people reach 1 MM without ever being Diamond, so having GUCs would be a popular option and, since GUCs don't seem to clear in advance any more, wouldn't cost it any marginal revenue.
They are currently still an option (depending where you live). The amount was (and still is as i didn't select my MM gift yet) 40.000 SkyMiles.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 11:29 am

Programs: DL DM/MM
Originally Posted by Grouchy
They are currently still an option (depending where you live). The amount was (and still is as i didn't select my MM gift yet) 40.000 SkyMiles.
A DM agent read the rules to me, and the miles were discontinued for US-based pax sometime this past summer. In terms of TUMI rollaboards, I just got off the phone DL customer care (based in ATL). The agent sent an email to the person who coordinates these types of loyalty gifts, and in his response, he said that all gift selections are current.

What's interesting is how the number of TUMI options have dwindled from about half a dozen to one option. I'm really hoping that they're refurbishing and that there will actually be new options in the new year. If anyone happens to check the MM page and sees the TUMI section replenished with rollaboards, could you please write a note on here?
Old Dec 5, 2017, 10:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL - DM 1MM Aug 2011-Present | Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by UVAhoo06
A DM agent read the rules to me, and the miles were discontinued for US-based pax sometime this past summer. In terms of TUMI rollaboards, I just got off the phone DL customer care (based in ATL). The agent sent an email to the person who coordinates these types of loyalty gifts, and in his response, he said that all gift selections are current.

What's interesting is how the number of TUMI options have dwindled from about half a dozen to one option. I'm really hoping that they're refurbishing and that there will actually be new options in the new year. If anyone happens to check the MM page and sees the TUMI section replenished with rollaboards, could you please write a note on here?
I will definitely make a note when I see it. Thanks, everyone, for your help with this.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 11:53 pm

Maybe Delta is trying to clear old inventory before they restock and add the new items in.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 7:49 am

Programs: DL:360/DM/6 MMer; Bonvoy: Lifetime Titanium 10+M pts, 3100+ nights;
Originally Posted by davetravels
When I hit 2MM earlier this year, there was, indeed a Tumi Rollaboard! I still haven't chosen anything - like some of you above - I have no use for a $300-400 piece of luggage. A $$$$$ ECV would be nice, for a choice! @:-) @:-) @:-)

Any idea how long one can hold out making a selection?
I hit 5MM a couple of years ago; I have yet to make a selection and the Delta site still offers me a chance to pick. Here are the 5MM choices:

Old Dec 6, 2017, 10:56 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by DL-Don
I hit 5MM a couple of years ago; I have yet to make a selection and the Delta site still offers me a chance to pick. Here are the 5MM choices:

IIRC, that looks similar to what I remember seeing earlier this year when I hit 2MM. So, it appears that they have restricted some of the gifts to lower MMs. Amazing!
Old Dec 6, 2017, 10:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Can anyone see the current 2MM gift choices?
Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
This sucks. I'll be MM in January and was looking forward to getting the tumi bag
Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:54 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Can anyone see the current 2MM gift choices?
I do. I just double-checked it again a few minutes before I posted just above, and the choices are exactly the same as the OP showed at the top of this thread.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: DL Diamond | Marriott Platinum | HH Gold
Originally Posted by GeorgeBurdell
Be patient. When I hit 1MM in February, 2016, the available luggage options was a bunch of discontinued products. I waited until summer when the options were refreshed and got the Tumi International bag.
Thanks for the input! I've been having the same issue when I hit 1MM during the first week of Dec like OP and was hoping the inventory would be refreshed. Great...now I don't have an international bag for my 2 upcoming trips
Old Jan 13, 2018, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
+1

I hit 2MM a little while ago and had seen a few Tumi options while looking on my phone. I recently visited while at my laptop to get a better look at the options and see there is now just 1 Tumi briefcase, some Tiffany stuff and other luggage for someone's grandpa. How boring. I too would rather take an additional Choice Benefit or miles if this is all they are going to have.

2MM is not an easy feat, and this sort of falls flat in terms of celebrating that.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 7:00 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Be thankful you get to choose anything. When I hit 1MM - too many years ago - I was sent some 1MM note paper and a 1MM logo embossed leather portfolio cover.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 6:34 am

Programs: DL PM / MM Ex UA & US Gold Starwood & Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Tomphot
Be thankful you get to choose anything. When I hit 1MM - too many years ago - I was sent some 1MM note paper and a 1MM logo embossed leather portfolio cover.
When I hit the 1MM mark Delta had just filed for bankruptcy and I was sent a tan Hartman CD case.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 8:05 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
Not making your selections is basically like allowing DL an interest free loan. It took me about 15 minutes worth of effort to transform my Tumi MM gift into about $500 selling the bag online.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 9:14 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Titanium elite
I wish they discontinued the Hartmann and added more up to date/modern luggage like Rimowa... I picked a Tiffany necklace about 6 years ago, there were no TUMI options then for luggage only Hartmann.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.