Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta SkyClub Access Changes starting Jan 1, 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta SkyClub Access Changes starting Jan 1, 2019

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Nonrevs plus airline and airport employees, who aren't necessarily flying that day (on any airline).
Nonrevs have Seat Request Cards, which look like boaring passes and are probably what those on E Fares have.

Employees travelling nonrev are prohibited from using their employee ID for post-security and must use the regular TSA Lines (Usually Pre)
Old Jan 29, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1.5MM, NEXUS, Sky Club Lifetime, Admirals Club Lifetime, LowValueCustomer everywhere
'Lifetime Sky Club Memberships' are Executive Memberships that have an expiration date of 12/31/2079. I'll deal with that in about 61 years.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 12:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by SuperG1955
Nonrevs have Seat Request Cards, which look like boaring passes and are probably what those on E Fares have.

Employees travelling nonrev are prohibited from using their employee ID for post-security and must use the regular TSA Lines (Usually Pre)
Yes, but a working crew member, GA, ramper, etc. would be airside without boarding passes, as would be airport employees such as people with jobs at Chick-Fil-A etc. They're not supposed to use SCs (or PP lounges, etc.).
Old Jan 29, 2018, 8:25 pm

Yes, but a working crew member, GA, ramper, etc. would be airside without boarding passes, as would be airport employees such as people with jobs at Chick-Fil-A etc. They're not supposed to use SCs (or PP lounges, etc.).
An employee can have a Sky Club Membership. The are prohibited from using it when in uniform or with airline ID showing. Delta has rules about employee members using the Club.

We go to restaurants, not the Club when we meet our employee kids if they're working. They're travelling Int'l D1 (Paid) in April and will use the Club as 'regular' D1 travelers.

Unless Chick-Fil-A has raised wages dramatically as a result of the new tax laws, I don't think that too many of their employees, or other airport retail workers, are going to spend the $$$ to join the Sky Club. Where is it written that they're not supposed to use SC's, etc? Are they second class citizens?
Old Jan 29, 2018, 8:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Most airport lounges don't want to be used as a bar for free happy hour (or free meals) for airport employees, unless of course they're traveling that day and have access.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 9:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
1. WRT partner lounge access, perhaps DL just got tired of paying the fees imposed by the "partners" for our accessing their lounges. All pennies need to be pinched.

2. More generally, these changes may portend the eventual elimination of complimentary club membership for DMs. Those of us who were PMs back in the days when PMs got complimentary membership may be faced with deja vu all over again.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 3:11 pm

Programs: DL (ex-NW) Plat pining for self-serve WC's and real cheese
Dumb question - what is current price for a day pass if I show my Delta AmEx? Last I checked was still the $29 fee. Does this allow me a free guest? Thanks!
Old Jan 31, 2018, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by DCAflyer81
Dumb question - what is current price for a day pass if I show my Delta AmEx? Last I checked was still the $29 fee. Does this allow me a free guest? Thanks!
It's $29 for you, and $29 per guest. Up to two guests allowed.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 3:14 pm

Location: SEA, or BOS, or MUC, or other places (probably connecting). "Detroit, Michigan is in the Eastern time zone."
Programs: DL PM/1MM, AS 100K, NEXUS/GE, CLEAR, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DCAflyer81
It's not a "day" pass (which no longer exist AFAIK), it's a "single visit" pass. Reports are that you can usually get them to give you a receipt to use at other SCs in the same airport where applicable (ATL/DTW/etc), but you can't use it at both your originating and connecting airports unless you pay another $29.

You'd have to pay the $29 for yourself and for each guest (and you might be limited to 2 guests, not sure).
Old Feb 22, 2018, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by RumPatrol
Looks like the source is just this thread, but he does correct the incorrect information about Amex Platinum/Centurion that is in the original link here, as those are the current Amex Platinum/Centurion access policies.

I almost exclusively use my Amex Platinum to access Sky Clubs, even when I would otherwise be eligible to access through other means (int'l business, STE+, etc), so anything that thins out the herd is fine by me.
When I'm flying international, they won't take my Amex Platinum for entry, the boarding pass alone suffices.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 8:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by PaulInTheSky
Three major devaluations in a day:

1. SkyClub Membership Access rules. AMex Card holders and SkyClub members are not allowed to access the lounge. --> Canceled the AMex cards last year. Now even less incentive to go back to AMex
2. Upgrade elimination on D1 routes. Stingy upgrade instruments provided to PMs and DMs.
3. Fuel Surcharges on DL awards out of US
1. Sky Club access rules for me (Amex Platinum holder) aren't changing.
2. D1 domestic upgrades were never free (F upgrades on those routes were); D1 upgrades by RUC were something I found preferable to free F upgrades. And come April, domestic D1 upgrades will again be free.
3. On my last TATL mileage ticket, I paid taxes and government fees, no fuel surcharge.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Collierkr
UA policy would come into play on certain red eye flights that board one day and land the next thus preventing UC access after arrival. It comes down to definition of a boarding pass
Did they really? Delta is more generous (Amex Platinum requires same-day boarding pass, but arrival after a redeye works.)
Old Feb 22, 2018, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nonrevs plus airline and airport employees, who aren't necessarily flying that day (on any airline).
Delta lets nonrevs (with seat request cards) into the Sky Clubs with an Amex swipe.
Old Feb 22, 2018, 9:24 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by sethb
Delta lets nonrevs (with seat request cards) into the Sky Clubs with an Amex swipe.
As long as Amex is paying for it...why does DL care?
Old Feb 23, 2018, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by SuperG1955

LOL! If this is true it's got to be #1 on the "rules we ignore" list. I even know a FA who will wear a uniform when flying nonrev to make sure she gets to the front of the security lines!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.