Wiki Posts
Search

Gold and Drink Voucher question

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2017, 6:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Gold and Drink Voucher question

Probably been asked before, but I wasn't able to find it. How long does it take for the KLM/Delta system to recognize Gold status from when you get it? Upcoming trip and I'm still not able to select the 50% discounted Comfort seat or Free Preferred seat on KLM leg trough delta.com.

Also is there anything a Drink Voucher can be used on other then Alchohol? I don't drink.

Thanks
Old Nov 11, 2017, 7:18 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Drink vouchers are only good for alcohol. Give them away to seatmates and friends.

There are longstanding problems with KL/AF systems updating after DL status changes.

Some discussion here:

issue with skyteam status after dl status change

Sometimes getting an agent to truly remove the number and put it back in works. Sometimes nothing works. It's a bad situation.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by C W
There are longstanding problems with KL/AF systems updating after DL status changes.

Some discussion here:

issue with skyteam status after dl status change

Sometimes getting an agent to truly remove the number and put it back in works. Sometimes nothing works. It's a bad situation.
So I called Delta, they then called KLM/Air France and were told that KLM/Air France systems don't update Medallion Status till 2018 with the new level. So until then Silver benefits still apply on KLM operated flights. Seems rather silly that they don't just make it automatic, couldn't be that hard to do for IT, could it?
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:05 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by jonathanbak
So I called Delta, they then called KLM/Air France and were told that KLM/Air France systems don't update till 2018 with the new information. So until then Silver benefits still apply on KLM operated flights. Seems rather silly that they don't just make it automatic, couldn't be that hard to do for IT, could it?
That's just plain wrong. I've had status changes reflected within a few weeks, mid year.
jonathanbak likes this.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:06 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by jonathanbak
So I called Delta, they then called KLM/Air France and were told that KLM/Air France systems don't update Medallion Status till 2018 with the new level. So until then Silver benefits still apply on KLM operated flights. Seems rather silly that they don't just make it automatic, couldn't be that hard to do for IT, could it?
Sounds like an answer to get you off the phone, I would HUCA until you get someone who knows what they are doing.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vincentharris
Sounds like an answer to get you off the phone, I would HUCA until you get someone who knows what they are doing.
That was my 2nd call, I'll try again then.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.