Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

issue with skyteam status after dl status change

Old Oct 22, 17, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat

Hi All,

I became Gold medallion a few weeks back and have since made reservations with Air Europa and Air France. Both are still showing me as Skyteam Elite and not Elite Plus, even after I have the reservations agents remove and add my DL number again. Do you know how long it takes for status to update normally on partners and if this will cause issues receiving SkyPriority/lounge access?

Thanks!
Old Oct 22, 17, 8:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by runningformqm View Post
Hi All,

I became Gold medallion a few weeks back and have since made reservations with Air Europa and Air France. Both are still showing me as Skyteam Elite and not Elite Plus, even after I have the reservations agents remove and add my DL number again. Do you know how long it takes for status to update normally on partners and if this will cause issues receiving SkyPriority/lounge access?

Thanks!
bump
Old Oct 22, 17, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Back home in the REAL Washington (SEA); still teleworking with the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.3MM; AS MVPG 75K
bump

no need to repost with "bump" if no one has replied ... esp after just 10 hours
Old Oct 22, 17, 8:37 pm
was WWads

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Hi All,

Thanks!
Sometimes there is a delay. Just show your digital status card at check-in, and when accessing the lounge. AF shouldn't give you any trouble. I can't speak for Air Europa.
Old Oct 23, 17, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WWads View Post
Sometimes there is a delay. Just show your digital status card at check-in, and when accessing the lounge. AF shouldn't give you any trouble. I can't speak for Air Europa.

thanks! ill have my card ready...just booked klm as well and also showing silver as far as the seat fees go
Old Oct 23, 17, 3:39 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
I had similar problems in the past. Usually the agents who claimed they reentered the number didnít or didnít do it right.

Try putting a different number on the reservation like a Flying Blue number and then changing it back to your SM number. See if that does it.
Old Oct 23, 17, 9:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by C W View Post
I had similar problems in the past. Usually the agents who claimed they reentered the number didnít or didnít do it right.

Try putting a different number on the reservation like a Flying Blue number and then changing it back to your SM number. See if that does it.
i tried that, i also tried making a dummy booking on af today and it listed me as silver when i tried picking seats thanks though
Old Oct 24, 17, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond
i tried that, i also tried making a dummy booking on af today and it listed me as silver when i tried picking seats thanks though
Call DL in US. Do not call DL in Europe as KLM will answer for DL. In US DL handles AF/KLM like AF/KLM does for DL in Europe. DL agent can open the KLM reservation and figure out what is wrong/try to fix it.

I know it seems dumb question, but when you login on Delta.com does it show your correct status?
Old Oct 24, 17, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO View Post
Call DL in US. Do not call DL in Europe as KLM will answer for DL. In US DL handles AF/KLM like AF/KLM does for DL in Europe. DL agent can open the KLM reservation and figure out what is wrong/try to fix it.

I know it seems dumb question, but when you login on Delta.com does it show your correct status?
Odd, my delta reservations and mobile card show gold and skyteam elite plus (the website shows gold and sky priority). However, the card that you can download and print from the delta website show gold and skyteam elite Must have been an IT glitch.

I called the medallion line and they couldn't pull up the af reservation and they were confused by the issue and said it looks fine on their end. They opened a ticket to have the Skyteam liaison look into it. I should hear back within 7 days. Im doubtful they will fix it though.
Old Oct 27, 17, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Just to follow up while I wait on the Skyteam liaison to look into the issue. If my Skyteam status isn't updated can AF and other partner airlines look up my DL status? Also, is there normally a lag for it to up updated? I found an older thread where someone mentioned it can take 6 weeks for Skyteam status to update.
Old Oct 29, 17, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

Just to follow up while I wait on the Skyteam liaison to look into the issue. If my Skyteam status isn't updated can AF and other partner airlines look up my DL status? Also, is there normally a lag for it to up updated? I found an older thread where someone mentioned it can take 6 weeks for Skyteam status to update.
bump

Search this Thread
Search Engine: