Community
Wiki Posts
Search

C+ Upgrades Coming to TATL Soon?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2017, 10:11 am

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Probably just the fri/sat DL screw-up. LOL

I'm not sure about you, but to me it is hilariously sad that a major company like DL is known by those in FT to have weekly programming screw ups....unbelievable in reality.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 5:24 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
Is TATL C+ really worth it for Medallions?

I'm a Silver, I'm currently holding exit seats both ways on TATL for my upcoming trip. In Y, we get free booze, too. I get priority boardings, anyways.

Only thing I'll get with C+ are 'up to' 50% more recline and 'up to' 9" screen, and I guess everything else is same for Medallions?
Old Oct 29, 2017, 6:05 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
I definitely lost my Comfort+ seats on a JFK-ZRH flight, and the Comfort+ section is grayed out... but no option to request the upgrade.

This is really, really lousy. When they introduced C+ as a fare on other routes, they preserved existing seat assignments when doing so...
Old Oct 29, 2017, 6:17 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BenA
I definitely lost my Comfort+ seats on a JFK-ZRH flight, and the Comfort+ section is grayed out... but no option to request the upgrade.

This is really, really lousy. When they introduced C+ as a fare on other routes, they preserved existing seat assignments when doing so...
Yeah, this seems like a bit of a cluster. I hope it gets sorted out by tomorrow...

@SkyMilesTeam - any comment?
Old Oct 29, 2017, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by maverikbc

I'm a Silver, I'm currently holding exit seats both ways on TATL for my upcoming trip. In Y, we get free booze, too. I get priority boardings, anyways.

Only thing I'll get with C+ are 'up to' 50% more recline and 'up to' 9" screen, and I guess everything else is same for Medallions?
There are a lot more Comfort+ than exit row seats available, plus they fewer issues with overhead bin space and sometimes more power outlets.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 7:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by maverikbc

Isn't the "up to 9" screen" exactly the same screen as in the regular coach seats? AFAIK when DL introduced C+, they didn't change the seats beyond making the pitch slightly greater and making the covers look slightly different.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 7:07 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Why did they differentiate between TATL and TPAC C+ in the first place? I was not around for that.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 7:10 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by bergamini
Why did they differentiate between TATL and TPAC C+ in the first place? I was not around for that.
One hypothesis that someone pointed out earlier in this thread is that TATL flights (at least westbound) are subject to EC261 regulations and in particular the 75% refund requirement for downgrades, but not for loss of special paid seats.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 7:11 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bergamini
TPAC, Delta controls their own destiny. TATL, Air France and KLM are in a joint venture with DL, and making sure all the corner cases were covered was harder (like allowing Medallions access to C+ when they book an AF/KL flight number on a DL operated flight...)
Old Oct 29, 2017, 7:33 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
Originally Posted by gregsfortytwo
There are a lot more Comfort+ than exit row seats available, plus they fewer issues with overhead bin space and sometimes more power outlets.
As I wrote earlier, I get priority boardings anyway, overhead bin space is almost guaranteed.

Besides more power outlets, what else 'a lot more' with C+ than Medallions who already hold exit seats?
Old Oct 29, 2017, 8:48 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
One hypothesis that someone pointed out earlier in this thread is that TATL flights (at least westbound) are subject to EC261 regulations and in particular the 75% refund requirement for downgrades, but not for loss of special paid seats.
Another hypothesis involved the APD for LHR flights- that it would be significant higher if C+ was considered a different class from economy.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 8:57 pm
dw

Originally Posted by dw
Another hypothesis involved the APD for LHR flights- that it would be significant higher if C+ was considered a different class from economy.
And.... it looks like DL has gotten comfortable with that. Just checked JFK-LHR for the spring, and DL is in fact collecting the premium class APD ($200+) for Comfort+ (vs $100+ for economy).
Old Oct 29, 2017, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by dw
DL could treat the LHR flights differently to avoid this issue.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 9:09 pm
dw

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
DL could treat the LHR flights differently to avoid this issue.
Our posts may have crossed... Looks like they decided not to. Which brings up a perhaps more important question. Ex-LHR are they going to charge those who get “upgraded” to C+ the difference in APD?
Old Oct 29, 2017, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by dw
Our posts may have crossed... Looks like they decided not to. Which brings up a perhaps more important question. Ex-LHR are they going to charge those who get “upgraded” to C+ the difference in APD?
AFAIK additional APD isn't owed for OPUPs (nor for nonrevs given premium cabin seats). If people use instruments to "upgrade" in advance to C+, I would expect DL to charge APD, just like they do for upgrades into D1, with payment required before the ticket can be reissued (and also for the French luxury tax on upgrades into D1 exCDG). However, for upgrades at the gate, I'm not sure that GAs have the time to charge credit cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.