FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   C+ Upgrades Coming to TATL Soon? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1874599-c-upgrades-coming-tatl-soon.html)

TTT Oct 28, 2017 8:24 pm

C+ Upgrades Coming to TATL Soon?

I have a TATL flight booked for travel in Feb. Up until this afternoon, I was seated in C+ which I was able to select at booking. This evening, however, my seats have been moved back to Main Cabin. The C+ cabin cannot be selected but there is no option to manage upgrade preferences on those flights. There has been no schedule or aircraft change on this itinerary.

Anyone else seeing something similar?

I suspect they are in the process of rolling out the upgrade to C+ options on TATL flights in the not too distant future.

KDCAflyer Oct 28, 2017 9:03 pm

Ah yes, that's definitely something that overworked international GAs need to deal with. :rolleyes:

C W Oct 28, 2017 9:06 pm

I booked and selected a C+ seat today ATL-LHR for Dec. 11. Just checked the reservation and it's still there.

I personally don't believe they'll transition TATL to upgrades because of EU 261. If C+ is a separate fare class they could have to pay 75% of the cost of the ticket if a passenger is downgraded, which is not the case with a seat assignment. I think that if they were going to do it, they would have done it a while ago.

LoganFlyer Oct 28, 2017 9:17 pm

It could be because it's schedule change Saturday. That often messes with seat assignments and seat maps.

GYEWorldTraveler Oct 28, 2017 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by C W (Post 28989261)
I booked and selected a C+ seat today ATL-LHR for Dec. 11. Just checked the reservation and it's still there.

I personally don't believe they'll transition TATL to upgrades because of EU 261. If C+ is a separate fare class they could have to pay 75% of the cost of the ticket if a passenger is downgraded, which is not the case with a seat assignment. I think that if they were going to do it, they would have done it a while ago.

They are 100% going to sell C+ as a fare in TATL. They already do it in Latin and Pacific and I'm sure the hangup with TATL was logistics with multiple JVs. I think their whole idea is for customers to see all of the branded fares (basic economy, main cabin, comfort plus, premium select and delta one) when shopping with a consistent offering. I'd be stunned if C+ didn't sell as a fare in TATL and follow same upgrade system as the other international regions.

Dennis88 Oct 29, 2017 12:06 am

Just checked a reservation for early February AMS-SEA....same story. Moved from C+ to seat 17J and everything in front of it greyed out.

Doing a dummy booking for this flight shows the C+ seat map completely open (no seats sold).

bawm Oct 29, 2017 3:21 am

Looks like 22JAN is the first date, at least on AMS-SEA.

Here is availability on 21JAN:
Code:

** AMADEUS AVAILABILITY - AN ** SEA SEATTLE.USWA              84 SU 21JAN 0000
 1  DL 143  J9 C9 D9 I9 Z3 Y9 B9 /AMS  SEA    950A  1123A  E0/333      10:33
            M9 H9 Q9 K9 L9 U9 T9 X9 V9 E9

And on 22JAN, you see W class added:
Code:

** AMADEUS AVAILABILITY - AN ** SEA SEATTLE.USWA              85 MO 22JAN 0000
 1  DL 143  J9 C9 D9 I6 Z0 W9 Y9 /AMS  SEA    950A  1123A  E0/333      10:33
            B9 M9 H9 Q9 K9 L9 U9 T9 X9 V9 E9

bawm

SDQBound Oct 29, 2017 3:23 am

Happens from time to time during schedule/equipment change cycle on saturdays.

TTT Oct 29, 2017 4:57 am

Originally Posted by Dennis88 (Post 28989541)
Just checked a reservation for early February AMS-SEA....same story. Moved from C+ to seat 17J and everything in front of it greyed out.

Doing a dummy booking for this flight shows the C+ seat map completely open (no seats sold).

I noticed the same - the C+ seat map is entirely empty. I tried Twitter but they were unable to reselect a C+ seat.

Originally Posted by bawm (Post 28989801)
Looks like 22JAN is the first date, at least on AMS-SEA.

Here is availability on 21JAN:

Code:

** AMADEUS AVAILABILITY - AN ** SEA SEATTLE.USWA 84 SU 21JAN 0000
1 DL 143 J9 C9 D9 I9 Z3 Y9 B9 /AMS SEA 950A 1123A E0/333 10:33
M9 H9 Q9 K9 L9 U9 T9 X9 V9 E9

And on 22JAN, you see W class added:

Code:

** AMADEUS AVAILABILITY - AN ** SEA SEATTLE.USWA 85 MO 22JAN 0000
1 DL 143 J9 C9 D9 I6 Z0 W9 Y9 /AMS SEA 950A 1123A E0/333 10:33
B9 M9 H9 Q9 K9 L9 U9 T9 X9 V9 E9

bawm

Thanks bawm. Now if they would just add the functionality to manage upgrades on TATL...

C W Oct 29, 2017 5:21 am

Yep, looks like it's bookable on Delta.com now :td:

They really need to add the upgrade functionality or they're going to have a lot of angry Medallions. I did a dummy booking and it just said "Not Complimentary Upgrade Eligible" for the TATL leg, I couldn't check the box to upgrade to C+, and it tried to sell me an upgrade on the seatmap for 1/4 of what they wanted for at booking C+ as W :rolleyes:

TTT Oct 29, 2017 6:00 am

Originally Posted by C W (Post 28990008)

They really need to add the upgrade functionality or they're going to have a lot of angry Medallions. I did a dummy booking and it just said "Not Complimentary Upgrade Eligible" for the TATL leg, I couldn't check the box to upgrade to C+, and it tried to sell me an upgrade on the seatmap for 1/4 of what they wanted for at booking C+ as W :rolleyes:

I'm going to give it until Monday to see if the IT gets sorted out. Fingers crossed they are working on it this weekend.

TheMadBrewer Oct 29, 2017 6:36 am

If I had a C+ seat and got put in VS/AF PE because of IRROPS I'd be fairly happy. Not so much the other way round...

MSPeconomist Oct 29, 2017 9:10 am

Originally Posted by C W (Post 28990008)

Maybe the thing to do would be to purchase the upgrade if you previously had a C+ seat and then request a refund since it should be free for a PM.

dw Oct 29, 2017 9:26 am

Originally Posted by bawm (Post 28989801)
And on 22JAN, you see W class added

I suppose the one upside of DL not offering Comfort+ on aircraft with Premium Select is that people won't book W class (the almost near universal fare basis for premium economy on other airlines, including on most of DL's partners) and think they are getting real premium economy.

C W Oct 29, 2017 9:37 am

Originally Posted by dw (Post 28990538)
I suppose the one upside of DL not offering Comfort+ on aircraft with Premium Select is that people won't book W class (the almost near universal fare basis for premium economy on other airlines, including on most of DL's partners) and think they are getting real premium economy.

I honestly don't think anybody with enough knowledge about flying to understand Y/W/J/F, especially with W being the most obscure of those codes, would buy a C+ fare thinking it was Premium Economy, especially with how Delta's website now very clearly places the Premium Economy option to the right of C+, even when it's not available on a given flight.