Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK SkyClub - The WORST I've ever seen

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2017, 7:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by PapaJack
For the record, the only issue I have had is getting off an international flight and having to wait to check in, but that's minor. I never waited more than a few minutes to be served. Sure it's busy, but it's JFK, what do you expect...that you are the only traveler who has been delayed? The new Delta rules will trim the population next year. As a Boston based FF, I go thru' JFK a bit and I am fine with it.
The new rules won't have any effect until February 2019, almost a year and a half from now. Moreover, some about to become former DMs will keep their Reserve cards for the added MQMs and/or PM MQD waiver while others will access the SC with new or existing AmEx Plat (or Centurion) charge cards. There may be fewer DMs but roughly the same number of DL passengers who are entitled to SC access.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 8:16 am

Programs: DL DM/1MM, AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I can only go off my experience but Delta customers are some of the worst behaved and rudest I have encountered. At the MCO club last week the employees were setting up the buffet for lunch and a crowd of vultures were just waiting for the last piece of plastic wrap to be removed before diving in. It was a really disgusting site.
I think this a bit unfair of a depiction. Clearly you haven't flown NK, G4 or F9. Those are some savory pax.

What it comes down to is that if you give someone something for free they will want more of it, even if they don't really need it. I've seen people eating in the SC like they were serving a five-course meals.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 8:22 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by audidudi
The new Delta rules won't effect the population next year, as they don't apply to this year's qualification (for 2018 status). They will only apply to next year's qualification (for 2019 status), so it will be February 1st 2019 before we will start to see some thinning of the DL SCs!
The access rules for DMs changed for the 2018 year so we may see a slight reduction from those DMs who choose a different choice benefit. Granted, they may have access via another means but we can always hope.
CO-PLAT likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum for Life, Hyatt Discoverist (ex CC), Marriott Titanium, Miles& More Senator
Was surprised NOT getting lounge access on a 1st class flight from JFK to LV recently. As an Air France lifetime Platinum member. Makes SKYTeam pretty useless to me
Old Oct 24, 2017, 9:39 am

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by greatbelgian
Was surprised NOT getting lounge access on a 1st class flight from JFK to LV recently. As an Air France lifetime Platinum member. Makes SKYTeam pretty useless to me
You arent missing much...
Old Oct 24, 2017, 10:18 am

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by DLATL777
They are all adult day care centers. I want to arrive with just enough time to get to my flight.
Nice to see Bob Corker post in FT
hi55us likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by FSUnole03
I'm currently in the JFK SC in T4. It's a Monday night in late October, one of the slowest travel periods of the year, yet the SC is the worst I've ever seen. NO seats available, 2-hour wait for showers and the food buffet looks like a homeless shelter of people who haven't eaten in weeks.

WHAT is going on? I've never seen it like this! No wonder DL wants to raise the Amex waiver to $250k. But I don't blame it on Amex users. I blame it on DL for making such a small club at JFK. They need to look at MU in PVG who opened a 2-story club. Just awful Delta!
You don't get out much do you?
Old Oct 24, 2017, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Saying that T4 is the worst, makes me think some people forget the old bus-station skyclub before the big new club in B.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 10:44 am

And as my wife likes to point out it Is the largest sky club with the Smallest ladies room!

I think delta needs to compete with some form of separate delta one lounge for international delta one passengers in airports like JFK and Atl. American has the flagship lounge and ba has the concord lounge even the virgin clubhouse is a step up. I recognize that delta does not have a seperate first class but I think to remain competitive they are going to need to have some form of a seperate lounge at few airports.
Keith2004 likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 11:34 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Considering just how long it can be from anywhere in T4 I am a bit surprised there are not two SkyClubs when you take into consideration how much traffic goes through there and I would think most of their DeltaOne traffic which should have a higher notch based on how they are selling it.

I have been lucky, when I have been in T4 it hasn't been that busy so I have had decent experiences there.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 11:44 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by greatbelgian
That's the USA market for you. I think only AS grants lounge access for domestic F.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:09 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by Zorak
That's the USA market for you. I think only AS grants lounge access for domestic F.
Generally true, though there is an exception, at least in the case of oneworld (not sure about Star Alliance). If a traveler is oneworld Emerald or oneworld Sapphire via means of status in a oneworld airline program other than American Airlines, then that traveler will get Admirals Club access, even when flying a wholly domestic itinerary in the US, even if flying coach. So, for example, someone who is British Airways Silver (oneworld Sapphire) or British Airways Gold (oneworld Emerald) would get Admirals Club access even if flying AA in coach on, say, LGA-DTW. (For obvious reasons, AA frequent fliers do not get this benefit domestically)
Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:14 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by ty97
Generally true, though there is an exception, at least in the case of oneworld (not sure about Star Alliance). If a traveler is oneworld Emerald or oneworld Sapphire via means of status in a oneworld airline program other than American Airlines, then that traveler will get Admirals Club access, even when flying a wholly domestic itinerary in the US, even if flying coach. So, for example, someone who is British Airways Silver (oneworld Sapphire) or British Airways Gold (oneworld Emerald) would get Admirals Club access even if flying AA in coach on, say, LGA-DTW. (For obvious reasons, AA frequent fliers do not get this benefit domestically)
Ah, #TIL . Thanks!
Old Oct 24, 2017, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA Plat, National EE, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by FSUnole03
I'm currently in the JFK SC in T4. It's a Monday night in late October, one of the slowest travel periods of the year, yet the SC is the worst I've ever seen. NO seats available, 2-hour wait for showers and the food buffet looks like a homeless shelter of people who haven't eaten in weeks.

WHAT is going on? I've never seen it like this! No wonder DL wants to raise the Amex waiver to $250k. But I don't blame it on Amex users. I blame it on DL for making such a small club at JFK. They need to look at MU in PVG who opened a 2-story club. Just awful Delta!

Yeah except that MU club @ PVG is no Taj Mahal... it is just a disgusting with terrible A/C. I think the skyclub offers better food (that was hard to say...)

threads like this make me happy i left skyteam and their dismal partners.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 3:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by koreanair720
Pretty different in the CVG skyclub as I type...let's just say there's plenty of elbow room!
You could shoot someone in the middle of the terminal and nobody would notice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.