Search

JFK SkyClub - The WORST I've ever seen

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2017, 4:22 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, AA Plat, Hertz Pres. Club. SPG Gold
JFK SkyClub - The WORST I've ever seen

I'm currently in the JFK SC in T4. It's a Monday night in late October, one of the slowest travel periods of the year, yet the SC is the worst I've ever seen. NO seats available, 2-hour wait for showers and the food buffet looks like a homeless shelter of people who haven't eaten in weeks.

WHAT is going on? I've never seen it like this! No wonder DL wants to raise the Amex waiver to $250k. But I don't blame it on Amex users. I blame it on DL for making such a small club at JFK. They need to look at MU in PVG who opened a 2-story club. Just awful Delta!
Old Oct 23, 2017, 4:51 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Hmmm...🙄

😒
Old Oct 23, 2017, 4:53 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
The SC at SEA is a two-story, and definitely one of the best I've been to. I hope it never becomes as crowded as some of the others! I've never seen the JFK T4 SC crowded, so I wonder what was going on for it to be so full as you said? I know that a lot of SkyTeam flights depart in the evening, so that could account for the full SC, as there's a lot of FC/Business Class fliers who would qualify to be there.

Last edited by audidudi; Oct 23, 2017 at 5:30 pm
Old Oct 23, 2017, 4:56 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by FSUnole03
I'm currently in the JFK SC in T4. It's a Monday night in late October, one of the slowest travel periods of the year, yet the SC is the worst I've ever seen. NO seats available, 2-hour wait for showers and the food buffet looks like a homeless shelter of people who haven't eaten in weeks.

WHAT is going on? I've never seen it like this! No wonder DL wants to raise the Amex waiver to $250k. But I don't blame it on Amex users. I blame it on DL for making such a small club at JFK. They need to look at MU in PVG who opened a 2-story club. Just awful Delta!
Guess Mr. Bastian was not referring to the SC’s when he proudly talked about, “some of the best real estate on the planet”.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
JFK T4 is definitely too small for the size of DL's operation. I can't remember the last time I've been there where the buffet wasn't a shambles. Seats are often difficult to find too.
sdadept likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 5:07 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Pretty different in the CVG skyclub as I type...let's just say there's plenty of elbow room!
Ryno1234, woodford02A and dmarge18 like this.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 5:29 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
There are currently delays at JFK, with inbound flights delayed about 1.5 hours and outbound delayed about 0.5 hours. This results in people spending more time than normal in the SC as they wait for their delayed flights or misconnect, which makes it overcrowded.

T4 is just about at capacity in the evenings when things run normally, so any glitch makes it terrible. If you have time, go to T2.

Alternately, DL could outsource it and consider it a "third party" lounge... problem solved :P
Old Oct 23, 2017, 5:46 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt LT DM, Wyndham DM, Hertz PC, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
I’ve seen this before. It gets really bad with delays. Which sounds like it is happening now. Then it just dives.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 5:49 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
They are all adult day care centers. I want to arrive with just enough time to get to my flight.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:01 pm

Programs: Delta DM for now
The Skydeck is the only slightly redeeming feature of that club. Seems to me Delta could easily support two clubs in T4 with the number or pax that pass through there.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by DLATL777
They are all adult day care centers.
Maybe they'll advertise "enjoy our Just Like The West Wing" lounge services
KDCAflyer and SFCav like this.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by TuxTom
The Skydeck is the only slightly redeeming feature of that club. Seems to me Delta could easily support two clubs in T4 with the number or pax that pass through there.
+1

Sitting on the skydeck right now by myself and having a beer!
Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:09 pm

Programs: Waffle House DM
"it only happens when there are delays at JFK..."

Hilarious!
KevinDTW likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:10 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Absolute gong show Friday night. We went on the sky deck and it was civil.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 6:24 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
Originally Posted by FSUnole03
I blame it on DL for making such a small club at JFK.
That's funny...

Largest Delta SkyClubs in the system:

1. JFK T4 - 25,000 sq ft
2. ATL B - almost 25,000 sq ft
3. SEA A/B - 21,000 sq ft

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.