Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL upgrades to C+ against wishes

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2017, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
Originally Posted by MrAndy1369
Serious question here: why would anyone decline a C+ upgrade? You get free drinks and a bigger, more comfortable seat in C+ vs. normal economy.
The C+ seat isn't any bigger to my knowledge. It just has a few more inches of pitch. There's more legroom in an exit row seat and I usually prefer that along with my free drink coupons. Besides, I don't want an "upgrade" to a middle C+ seat over even a regular economy aisle seat.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, National Exec
Serious question here: why would anyone decline a C+ upgrade? You get free drinks and a bigger, more comfortable seat in C+ vs. normal economy.
C+ seats aren't bigger or more comfortable. They are the same seats as the rest of Y. There's a little more legroom and that's it. So if you are already in your preferred type of seat (whether it is a window or an aisle) a lot of people prefer not to roll the dice on a gate "upgrade" to a C+ middle seat. Especially if you're already in an exit row or otherwise good seat.

Nicer snacks and a complimentary drink or two is nice, but not worth sitting in a middle seat.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 4:13 pm

Programs: DL - PM
I received an odd, unrequested C+ upgrade today. When I booked the flight a few weeks ago, I was auto-upgraded into a C+ middle seat. I was able to switch myself back to an exit aisle seat, and I unchecked the C+ upgrade request. When I checked in for the flight today, I had been moved to a C+ window seat. No complaints; I'm happy with either aisle or window in C+. But did Delta IT somehow know that I would take an upgrade a window or aisle only? Somehow I doubt it's that smart.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 4:33 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Maybe for the reasons posted 55 minutes before your's?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.