FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   DL upgrades to C+ against wishes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1870459-dl-upgrades-c-against-wishes.html)

cottonpatch Oct 5, 2017 10:00 am

DL upgrades to C+ against wishes

It's getting frustrating that DL is frequently upgrading to C+ in spite of explicit wishes against them doing so. It's happening with regularity and defiantly (bold disobedience).

This has happened three times to me or my family recently. In each case, the PNR preferences (and profile preferences) were set to exclude any upgrade to C+.

My daughter had it happen to her about three weeks ago. It took a call to get it corrected because she had already checked in and the app wouldn't let her change it.

It happened to me three weeks ago while in ELP and I was sitting at the gate. The gate agent seemed incredulous that I would NOT want their marvelous C+ seat. She did not even seem aware that customers can explicitly exclude the PNR from upgrades from "Main Cabin" to C+.

And just last night, I get the e-mail that informs me of an upgrade from my preferred exit row to DL C+ on a flight from ATL-SMF in late November. DL C+ is not an "upgrade" to me in any way if I have to give up an emergency row to get it. Fortunately, I was awake at 3:30 am when the e-mail came through and I reclaimed my exit row seat where the rest of my family was sitting (separate PNR).

DL - please stop the unwanted upgrades to C+.

Asiaflyguy Oct 5, 2017 11:49 am

Do you "uncheck" the C+ upgrade box on your reservation record?

bergamini Oct 5, 2017 12:29 pm

1 Attachment(s)
Uncheck the comfort plus upgrade box during booking.

Kwaj boy Oct 5, 2017 12:59 pm

The problem with this approach is that, at least for me, the "uncheck" does not take most of the time. I uncheck it, save it, and when I go back in it's still checked. I can't make the "uncheck" take most of the time.

cottonpatch Oct 5, 2017 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by cottonpatch (Post 28897033)
It's getting frustrating that DL is frequently upgrading to C+ in spite of explicit wishes against them doing so. It's happening with regularity and defiantly (bold disobedience).

This has happened three times to me or my family recently. In each case, the PNR preferences (and profile preferences) were set to exclude any upgrade to C+.

Thanks for the suggestions to "uncheck" the box. In every case, it had already been unchecked in the PNR and account profile as noted in the original post upthread.

cottonpatch Oct 5, 2017 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by Kwaj boy (Post 28897742)
The problem with this approach is that, at least for me, the "uncheck" does not take most of the time. I uncheck it, save it, and when I go back in it's still checked. I can't make the "uncheck" take most of the time.

Thanks for that Kwaj. My PNR "uncheck" is stuck right now as you describe. DL clearly has some problems with this functionality of their IT.

3Cforme Oct 5, 2017 1:32 pm

What brower(s) and OS, or app and version are you using?

bergamini Oct 5, 2017 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by cottonpatch (Post 28897761)
Thanks for the suggestions to "uncheck" the box. In every case, it had already been unchecked in the PNR and account profile as noted in the original post upthread.

So then the issue is an IT bug and it should be moved to that thread. Delta.com Bug Reporting Master Thread

Kwaj boy Oct 5, 2017 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by 3Cforme (Post 28897864)
What brower(s) and OS, or app and version are you using?

Tried the app, Google Chrome and IE. Results are the same.

RSSrsvp Oct 6, 2017 6:25 am

Originally Posted by bergamini (Post 28897892)
So then the issue is an IT bug and it should be moved to that thread. Delta.com Bug Reporting Master Thread

I totally agree.

RSSrsvp - Moderator

Duke787 Oct 6, 2017 7:56 am

I've had issues with it going through when I uncheck the C+ box but have never had a problem getting them to remove me when I send a DM on Twitter with the details even if I've already checked in (did just that yesterday when it wouldn't let me remove the check and I had no interest in giving up my Exit Row aisle on SFO - DTW)

MSPeconomist Oct 6, 2017 8:02 am

Originally Posted by cottonpatch (Post 28897033)

My daughter had it happen to her about three weeks ago. It took a call to get it corrected because she had already checked in and the app wouldn't let her change it.

It happened to me three weeks ago while in ELP and I was sitting at the gate. The gate agent seemed incredulous that I would NOT want their marvelous C+ seat. She did not even seem aware that customers can explicitly exclude the PNR from upgrades from "Main Cabin" to C+.

And just last night, I get the e-mail that informs me of an upgrade from my preferred exit row to DL C+ on a flight from ATL-SMF in late November. DL C+ is not an "upgrade" to me in any way if I have to give up an emergency row to get it. Fortunately, I was awake at 3:30 am when the e-mail came through and I reclaimed my exit row seat where the rest of my family was sitting (separate PNR).

DL - please stop the unwanted upgrades to C+.

For your gate "upgrade" to C+, were you on the C+ upgrade list for the flight or did the GA just notice your status and decide to move you?

cottonpatch Oct 6, 2017 8:53 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 28900331)
For your gate "upgrade" to C+, were you on the C+ upgrade list for the flight or did the GA just notice your status and decide to move you?

GA admitted she moved me all on her own. She wasn't even aware that there is a switch on the PNR to opt out of C+ upgrades. She just thought that I would appreciate the "upgrade". Whatever happened, it did take quite a few keystrokes at the gate to fix the error and I noticed she had to split the PNR to accomplish it.

DL is enamored with C+. I'm not. My pet peeve is the reclining seat in front of me whether it's in FC, C+, or main cabin. I'll always take hard bulkhead or exit row without the chance of a "recliner" in front of me. I accept responsibility for my extreme discomfort with a recliner in front of me and choose appropriately. DL doesn't help when they disregard what is set up. I always "opt out" of C+ upgrades and "opt out" of F upgrades about 1/2 of the time. By the way, my status is DM. This is a temporary occurrence that I don't expect will ever happen again.

MrAndy1369 Oct 6, 2017 9:48 am

Serious question here: why would anyone decline a C+ upgrade? You get free drinks and a bigger, more comfortable seat in C+ vs. normal economy.

GRALISTAIR Oct 6, 2017 10:21 am

Originally Posted by MrAndy1369 (Post 28900742)
Serious question here: why would anyone decline a C+ upgrade? You get free drinks and a bigger, more comfortable seat in C+ vs. normal economy.

May want to sit with family. Or getting "upgraded" to a middle seat in C+ when you have an aisle or window Exit row seat is a downgrade not an upgrade. End of