Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL's new 75D interior. If this is the future, count me out

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL's new 75D interior. If this is the future, count me out

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2017, 5:03 pm

Programs: WN, AA, UA, DL
I'd still take a 75D in F over all other narrowbodies, but that gap is now tiny. It really comes down to door 1 or 2 boarding. If 2L is used, it's a bit better because of the quiet boarding process. Otherwise there's no major advantage. The last row of F is especially awkward with almost no privacy from the mini C+ cabin. All-in-all a major downgrade from what the F cabin used to be.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 8:03 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
I like the the 757 has the mid-cabin lav so F does not end up with a line of pax waiting for the lav.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by vincentharris
Is the State of Georgia not a government entity? If the state government offers any incentive that can be translated to a monetary benefit be considered a subsidy?

If any tax payer money is being utilized to benefit a private business that is a subsidy. I dont care if it comes from the city, county, state, or federal government. Saying "its certainly not the US government" is splitting hairs.
I am not sure how taxpayer money is being used in this situation. The state is collecting fuel taxes from Delta. They are not giving Delta money. Delta negotiated a lower per gallon rate. Had the state refused Delta would have simply tankered as much fuel as possibly into ATL resulting in much lower fuel sales and perhaps a net loss in tax money. Tankering fuel is done by all airlines to avoid fuel taxes when possible. Delta uses a computer program that looks at the various taxes and the cost to carry the fuel to determine when to tanker.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by Jeff767
I am not sure how taxpayer money is being used in this situation. The state is collecting fuel taxes from Delta. They are not giving Delta money. Delta negotiated a lower per gallon rate. Had the state refused Delta would have simply tankered as much fuel as possibly into ATL resulting in much lower fuel sales and perhaps a net loss in tax money. Tankering fuel is done by all airlines to avoid fuel taxes when possible. Delta uses a computer program that looks at the various taxes and the cost to carry the fuel to determine when to tanker.
Tax cuts/reductions/credits are generally referred to a subsidies and international trade bodies recognize them as such.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 11:33 pm

Originally Posted by Jeff767
They are not giving Delta money. Delta negotiated a lower per gallon rate.
And that's not a subsidy?? LOL!

Let's see what happens if I try that with my tax bill. This is the definition of corporate welfare.
IndyHoosier likes this.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 8:52 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat ANA Plat
Its called hypocracy, just like Boeing now with Bombardier
hi55us and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 8:26 pm
formerly jackvogt

Programs: Delta SkyMiles,
Hey! Guess what...Delta probably doesn't give a RIP about what y'all think of them on this forum. Notice how most of their planes go out packed to the gills. People vote with their wallets and they will continue to vote Delta. Most people only care about getting on a plane going somewhere new and exciting or going somewhere to make money. You chose to fly the 75D so maybe next time don't.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by jackvogt
Hey! Guess what...Delta probably doesn't give a RIP about what y'all think of them on this forum. Notice how most of their planes go out packed to the gills. People vote with their wallets and they will continue to vote Delta. Most people only care about getting on a plane going somewhere new and exciting or going somewhere to make money. You chose to fly the 75D so maybe next time don't.
And you win the award for the most original comment ever made on Flyer Talk. Clap. Clap. Clap.
KevinDTW and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by jrl767
I've mentioned this probably four or five times over the past year -- when DL's first 757s entered the fleet ~1983, they had a similar 15-seat mini-cabin ahead of the 2L/2R doors ... the big difference was that there were only four rows of F
The other big difference - no lav directly across from seats in the mini cabin of coach. There was a closet across.

I remember the NW 12 seat F with minicabin for coach flew as late as 2001, when they quietly went to the 24 seater.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Like a glutton for punishment, I was back on this POS last night from HNL-LAX for the last of my two DL flights to renew my FB elite status.
What made it worse was the contrast from my lie flat DFW-HNL AA 763 inbound "connecting flight".

It didn't seem as bad as we boarded from 1L and I didn't have to navigate thru the EC cabin to row 3. But once seated, the same old, same old sub-standard pitch and limited recline. And naturally, a mainland configured gogo-equipped plane does not have Wifi or Live TV to/from Hawaii. Plus DL's movie offerings are seriously deficient.

On the other hand, I did discover a silver lining in the lack of privacy between rows as the space between seat pairs when there is eye candy sitting in 2C and you are in 3D.

Service and food were excellent with my beef medallions perfectly medium rare.

But 6 hours on this plane and in this seat is agony and a Delta 75D is the last plane I'd want to fly to/from Hawaii.

Last edited by SFO777; Sep 29, 2017 at 10:21 am
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:19 am

It's a step up from United's 737 service to HNL! (though I think that 737 actually has better pitch).
Old Sep 29, 2017, 10:35 am
Suspended

Programs: DL DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, etc etc etc
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
And you win the award for the most original comment ever made on Flyer Talk. Clap. Clap. Clap.
HAHAHAHAHA

So choosing who to fly with based on your preferences is a new concept to me? I have never heard of free market capitalism....
Old Oct 1, 2017, 2:40 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat ANA Plat
Originally Posted by DCFinanceinFlight
How else are we to interpret "Count Me Out"
Count me out of this type of configuration, many different interpretations , I think its fairly clear what SFO is trying to emote,
Old Oct 6, 2017, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Can't speak to F on the 75D (though it did look pretty tight when we de-planed through L1 in Detroit) but at least in Y, I'll take this plane any day over the 738/739 and would put it roughly on par with the A320/A321 in the exit row.

Took it yesterday SFO - DTW and the Exit Row Aisle was great absolutely no complaints. The mid-cabin lav is nice too instead of having to automatically go to the back of the plane. Much more comfortable than the corresponding Exit Row Aisle I had on the 767 heading out to SFO (flew it JFK - SFO).

I do fully agree that this month's movie / tv options are pretty bleak which is depressing since this is setting up to be my heaviest travel month to date with a couple trips to Europe over the next few weeks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.