Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

ATL-YVR First Class: Sky Club Access in ATL?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2017, 6:51 am
Original Poster

I searched the forum and couldn't find the answer to this. I know that "SkyTeam Premium Cabin Passengers" gain access to the Sky Club before their flight out of ATL, but I suspect that that there are limitations wrapped up in "travel in international First/Business Class on a SkyTeam-operated flight" that would disquality first class passengers flying ATL-YVR, or especially ATL-MSP-YVR, from access. Could someone please clarify the limitations? Thanks!
Old Jul 4, 2017, 7:05 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Looks pretty clear to me from both the DL and ST websites that you do qualify. Departing ATL in domestic F, but connecting at MSP from ST-to-ST onto an international F flight gives you SC access at both ATL and MSP.

If you go to the rules rather than the marketing hype, this one doesn't seem to be odd at all.

What are the limitations which concern you?
Old Jul 4, 2017, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The main thing is that you must be in F for the transborder segment (MSP-YVR). This used to be more of an issue when DL flew CR2's to Canada with no F section on some routes. Some people would buy F tickets where the domestic flight was in F, but the transborder flight would be in coach and thus not qualify for lounge access. I believe everything to Canada now has an F section.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Even SEA-YVR in F gets access.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Okay That's F. It looks like this is fare class "P" - is that the same?
Old Jul 4, 2017, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
yes; lots of inventory codes for the front cabin -- F,P,J,I,D,Z to name the most common
Old Jul 4, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: NEXUS, Aeroplan, SkyMiles, WestJet, IHG Platinum, IC Ambassador
Back in January, I flew YYZ-ATL-FLL and FLL-ATL-YYZ on a Z fare and had no issues accessing the Sky Club in either direction.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by LBJ
. I believe everything to Canada now has an F section.
Oh, there are still some Delta Connection single class CRJ-200s to Canada. CVG-YYZ is one.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 11:19 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Just as with OP's original question, the fare basis issue is answered in the entry rules for the SC which are posted right on DL's website in plain english.

The requirement is that you are traveling in Delta One, international First, or international Business. The fare basis or method that gets you into one of those cabins is irrelevant. You could be booked into the cheapest fare basis in Economy and receive an OPUP to D1 and once that seat assignment is issued, you would then have access to a SC.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 11:54 am
Original Poster

I was worried to what I remember were "your flight to Canada is international but not really international" limitations. Thanks for the info.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 12:25 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
There are two SkyClubs in MSP, one near the F/G concourses and one near near gate C12. Your ATL-MSP flight is most likely to come into a G or F concourse gate while your YVR flight is likely to depart from the C concourse. Head for the C concourse club, preferred by most FTers, even if you pass the F/G one on the way. If you arrive into an upper G gate be sure to look for the sky bridge over to the C concourse.

The above assumes you don't have a tight connection in MSP.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CarmenOM
There are two SkyClubs in MSP, one near the F/G concourses and one near near gate C12. Your ATL-MSP flight is most likely to come into a G or F concourse gate while your YVR flight is likely to depart from the C concourse. Head for the C concourse club, preferred by most FTers, even if you pass the F/G one on the way. If you arrive into an upper G gate be sure to look for the sky bridge over to the C concourse.

The above assumes you don't have a tight connection in MSP.
Thanks. I didn't even think about it in terms of the connection. (We were originally hoping for a nonstop, but it appears that the end of this Summer will be the end of the ATL-YVR nonstop.)

Alas, going by the flights I can see next May (as indications of what we'll see available next June), it'll be a connection through SEA on the way out, and through SLC on the way home. Any similar insights regarding SEA instead of MSP would be appreciated, though both collections are 50 minutes or less so we probably won't need to avail ourselves of that option unless there is a problem.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 2:58 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by bicker
Thanks. I didn't even think about it in terms of the connection. (We were originally hoping for a nonstop, but it appears that the end of this Summer will be the end of the ATL-YVR nonstop.)

Alas, going by the flights I can see next May (as indications of what we'll see available next June), it'll be a connection through SEA on the way out, and through SLC on the way home. Any similar insights regarding SEA instead of MSP would be appreciated, though both collections are 50 minutes or less so we probably won't need to avail ourselves of that option unless there is a problem.
The SkyClub in the A concourse in SEA is one of the nicest in the system. I think there's a thread about it in this forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.