Delta Computers Down

Old Jun 16, 2017, 7:29 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by FlyerWx
At least for me, I've been seeing the new interface randomly since Wednesday. If I'm not logged in, I see the "new" interface on a dummy booking, but once I log in, it shifts back to the old one and shows the estimated mile earnings.
All I've noticed is new headers at the top of the Main/Comfort+/First columns in a flight search, with different shades of blue and each header a tiny bit larger than the last. Is there more to the "new" UI than that?
Old Jun 16, 2017, 7:31 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
In DEN right now. A bit earlier, after clearing security, my reservation disappeared from the app. I freaked out and rushed to the Sky Club but by that time it had reappeared and the club agents said everything in my reservation looked normal.

Fast forward to boarding and the reservation (and several others) disappear again. Went to gate agent and she said it was computer issues and easily printed paper BP for me.

Currently boarding, they are manually entering seats into he gate computer as we board.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 7:32 pm

Programs: DL DM, IHG PLAT
I just boarded a flight to SEA from Spokane and they were having to enter each passenger into the computer to check them in. GA mentioned that they only had one working computer to use to onboard passengers and that there is some IT issue going on.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 7:32 pm

Programs: DL - PM, (NW - Plat), AA - Gold, Marriott - Plat, Avis - First
Left DCA about 7:40pm everything was fine.

Upon arrival in DTW, noticed at the adjacent gate around 9pm they said they couldn't scan boarding passes and were going to have to do it manually.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 7:44 pm

Programs: DL SM, AAdvantage, SPG
Originally Posted by Zorak
All I've noticed is new headers at the top of the Main/Comfort+/First columns in a flight search, with different shades of blue and each header a tiny bit larger than the last. Is there more to the "new" UI than that?
That seems to be the biggest discernible change.

I also noticed clicking these headers now provides a full-screen description of the class of service, and there is a more prominent "Compare Experiences" button. I doubt this is the cause of the IT problems -- or at least I hope not.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 7:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: Diamond, all of them.
Well, as stated earlier, overhearing two delta employees saying they cannot access the travel section of their website leads me to believe it's another IT issue. Seriously, how many mulligans do the Delta leadership get?
Old Jun 16, 2017, 7:58 pm

Programs: Delta DM
The first post on this thread went up as I was walking down the jetbridge on a flight I got rebooked on to due to a misconnect later in my itinerary. I feel like I just dodged a bullet! My app was doing weird thing with regards to my trip today disappearing but I thought it was related to the rebooking. I guess not!
Old Jun 16, 2017, 8:02 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
This is so aggravating. Why don't they try things out between 2-4am EDT when in general traffic should be low. Presuming this isn't a full scale IT meltdown. Just your run of the mill implementing of a new interface that they didn't test enough before taking it live.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 8:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The app and website still look OK to me, including checking itineraries.

Nothing looks different to me either.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Jun 16, 2017 at 8:09 pm
Old Jun 16, 2017, 8:06 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I noticed the new interface when I was checking two different flight scenarios earlier today online but the system seemed fine. I don't think the new designed added anything, but other than that didn't think much of it. If it is causing massive issues thats another story
Old Jun 16, 2017, 8:10 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Doors closing about 50 min late -- plane was here on time -- not fun but GAs worked very hard.
Not their fault though! IT should not be an issue after all the drama of the past year....
Old Jun 16, 2017, 8:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by kyushuman
Doors closing about 50 min late -- plane was here on time -- not fun but GAs worked very hard.
Not their fault though! IT should not be an issue after all the drama of the past year....
I'm glad you're able to get out. Have a good trip.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 8:15 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Website back up, interrupted booking completed.

Perhaps relatedly, "Upgrade Waitlisted" notation is back. All sorts of other buggy though. The new popovers on search results ("Meal Service", "Multiple Cabins") etc are poorly rendered on desktop browsers and takeover the entire screen.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 8:18 pm

I think this event isn't apocalyptic like some might expect directly because of active IT investments and business continuity training that frontline staff are doing. Keep calm and carry on
Old Jun 16, 2017, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by PreteniousFlyer
Well, as stated earlier, overhearing two delta employees saying they cannot access the travel section of their website leads me to believe it's another IT issue. Seriously, how many mulligans do the Delta leadership get?
Ed only took over a year ago. Im tired of hearing fire the guy who just got the job, for past leadership failings.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.