Search

Delta Medallion Benefits on Air France

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2017, 11:18 am
a7m
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Gold. SU Silver.
Delta Medallion Benefits on Air France

I know Air France doesn't charge its own elites for advanced seat selection in economy. What about Delta elites?
Old Jun 16, 2017, 11:49 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
You should be able to select a seat for free. Otherwise they will treat you like they treat all their economy customers, like crap.
becks1 likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: DL PM, UA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott PP
Yes, Delta Elites (Silver, Gold, Plat, Diamond) are also exempt from the fees, just make sure your name and sky miles number are linked to the reservation.

Link to that specific rule here: https://pro.delta.com/content/agency...ction-q-a.html

For the full list of benefits as a Medalion Member see this: https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-benefits.html
Old Jun 16, 2017, 4:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Yeah, but Delta agents have problems selecting and confirming seat assignments, especially with KLM. You often have to take your confirmation number and do it yourself on the KLM or Air France website.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 5:34 pm
a7m
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Gold. SU Silver.
Originally Posted by ajwright
Yes, Delta Elites (Silver, Gold, Plat, Diamond) are also exempt from the fees, just make sure your name and sky miles number are linked to the reservation.

Link to that specific rule here: https://pro.delta.com/content/agency...ction-q-a.html

For the full list of benefits as a Medalion Member see this: https://www.delta.com/content/www/en...-benefits.html
Thanks for the link! When I called delta earlier, before I saw your post, I was actually told that I had to pay for seat selection. Go figure.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 6:11 pm

Programs: DL PM
The air france "SLOW" lounges are pretty sweet too .. I think you should have access even at GM though I am not certain
Old Jun 16, 2017, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Yeah, but Delta agents have problems selecting and confirming seat assignments, especially with KLM. You often have to take your confirmation number and do it yourself on the KLM or Air France website.
This had been the case. However last few montjs no more issues for AF/KLM. Can even select MU/CI seats now and they stick. Though out of habit i still goto the OAL to verify seats. Seems they fixed something.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 11:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Delta couldn't select seats on two KLM flights for me in May.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
How far from departure were you? Last few months the only time DL couldn't do seats for me, it was because KLM couldn't do them either if i called KLM.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 5:45 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by a7m
I know Air France doesn't charge its own elites for advanced seat selection in economy. What about Delta elites?
Seats in economy can't usually be preselected on AF/KLM if it's an intra-Europe flight, i.e. CDG-FCO or similar. I believe you have to wait until check-in.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 5:48 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
A variant on this -- as a DL Diamond I've been opuped on AF CDG to/from Asia 3 times, which is 50% of the flights. From PE to business.

Last edited by mot29; Jun 18, 2017 at 3:54 pm
Old Jun 18, 2017, 3:45 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by ncwillett
Seats in economy can't usually be preselected on AF/KLM if it's an intra-Europe flight, i.e. CDG-FCO or similar. I believe you have to wait until check-in.
KLM always allowed seat selection for intra-Europe flights, but in the past it was limited to 90 days before the flight. AF has been allowing seat selection for their elites as well as SkyTeam Elite+ in advance for intra-europe flights since a few months.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 3:47 pm

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by flyerCO
This had been the case. However last few montjs no more issues for AF/KLM. Can even select MU/CI seats now and they stick. Though out of habit i still goto the OAL to verify seats. Seems they fixed something.
The last few years for me. Since 2014 I've never had an issue with a seat for an AF-operated flight and selected on delta.dumb
Old Jun 18, 2017, 4:22 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SDQBound
KLM always allowed seat selection for intra-Europe flights, but in the past it was limited to 90 days before the flight. AF has been allowing seat selection for their elites as well as SkyTeam Elite+ in advance for intra-europe flights since a few months.
There are still issues, though it is better. One DL benefit that doesn't translate, at least online: Two on one PNR with different status. I can select an exit or Y+ seat for me (now that LK/AF know I'm plat, there was a lag of several months when they thought I was still a GM, I think based on ticking date). But I could only select a standard seat for my partner, or pay the fee. I think a call to the DM line might have overridden this, but didn't call. I'll try next time.

As an added wrinkle, KL moved him both times. One way, I'd booked aisle in the last row of Y+ intra-europe and he in the aisle directly behind me. At check in, he was in Y+, but a middle seat next to me. We made do for 2 hours, it wasn't that big a deal.

Return, I was in the solo exit extra legroom seat on the KL 737-7, partner in the exit aisle (std legroom, no fee seat). At check in, he was in the middle seat again. This time I managed to get him back into the aisle seat online during checkin via KLM site (which itself even working for an 006 ticket was new to me). Looking just before OLCI time, his seat assignment on KL was correct. So it's some auto feature that is annoying. We don't care if a random person is between us. Really, KL, we pick our seats intentionally.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 3:02 am

Originally Posted by RaflW
There are still issues, though it is better. One DL benefit that doesn't translate, at least online: Two on one PNR with different status. I can select an exit or Y+ seat for me (now that LK/AF know I'm plat, there was a lag of several months when they thought I was still a GM, I think based on ticking date). But I could only select a standard seat for my partner, or pay the fee. I think a call to the DM line might have overridden this, but didn't call. I'll try next time.

As an added wrinkle, KL moved him both times. One way, I'd booked aisle in the last row of Y+ intra-europe and he in the aisle directly behind me. At check in, he was in Y+, but a middle seat next to me. We made do for 2 hours, it wasn't that big a deal.

Return, I was in the solo exit extra legroom seat on the KL 737-7, partner in the exit aisle (std legroom, no fee seat). At check in, he was in the middle seat again. This time I managed to get him back into the aisle seat online during checkin via KLM site (which itself even working for an 006 ticket was new to me). Looking just before OLCI time, his seat assignment on KL was correct. So it's some auto feature that is annoying. We don't care if a random person is between us. Really, KL, we pick our seats intentionally.
When you change status, AF system will still recognize the previous unless you call and have them remove your FQTV and add it again.

The fee payment is not an issue but an actual rule. AF/KL seat plus benefit doesn't extend to anyone else traveling on the same resevation. When my wife was Silver and I was GM, I was able to select Y+ but it always asked for a payment when I tried to select a seat for my wife.

On the other hand, they are really good at blocking the seat next to you if there are seats still available. If you are traveling solo, this is an advantage, but if someone traveling with you on a different PNR wants to sit next to you, it's a pain to get it done. Most of the time it works via twitter, if not, we have to wait until we get to the airport.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.