FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta Medallion Benefits on Air France
View Single Post
Old Jun 18, 2017, 4:22 pm
RaflW

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SDQBound
KLM always allowed seat selection for intra-Europe flights, but in the past it was limited to 90 days before the flight. AF has been allowing seat selection for their elites as well as SkyTeam Elite+ in advance for intra-europe flights since a few months.
There are still issues, though it is better. One DL benefit that doesn't translate, at least online: Two on one PNR with different status. I can select an exit or Y+ seat for me (now that LK/AF know I'm plat, there was a lag of several months when they thought I was still a GM, I think based on ticking date). But I could only select a standard seat for my partner, or pay the fee. I think a call to the DM line might have overridden this, but didn't call. I'll try next time.

As an added wrinkle, KL moved him both times. One way, I'd booked aisle in the last row of Y+ intra-europe and he in the aisle directly behind me. At check in, he was in Y+, but a middle seat next to me. We made do for 2 hours, it wasn't that big a deal.

Return, I was in the solo exit extra legroom seat on the KL 737-7, partner in the exit aisle (std legroom, no fee seat). At check in, he was in the middle seat again. This time I managed to get him back into the aisle seat online during checkin via KLM site (which itself even working for an 006 ticket was new to me). Looking just before OLCI time, his seat assignment on KL was correct. So it's some auto feature that is annoying. We don't care if a random person is between us. Really, KL, we pick our seats intentionally.