Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Medallion Benefits on Air France

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2022, 2:50 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
With regards to baggage as a delta medallion on AF, will they allow anything over 50lbs for skyteam elite plus? Unclear if that's possible from the website.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 3:18 pm
zmb

Programs: DL Gold Medallion, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by ryandc99
With regards to baggage as a delta medallion on AF, will they allow anything over 50lbs for skyteam elite plus? Unclear if that's possible from the website.
Looks like no, weight limit is determined by cabin but you do get one extra bag past what your ticket includes from status. From https://wwws.airfrance.us/informatio...ine-soute#tab:

CHECKED BAGGAGE ALLOWANCE BY TRAVEL CABIN

• In the Economy cabin, from 0 to 2 checked bags weighing up to 23 kg/50 lb. each.
  • In the Premium Economy cabin, 2 checked bags weighing up to 23 kg/50 lb each.
  • In the Business cabin, 2 checked baggage items weighing up to 32 kg/70 lb each.
  • In the La Premičre cabin, 3 checked bags weighing up to 32 kg/70 lb each.
FLYING BLUE OR SKYTEAM ELITE AND ELITE PLUS MEMBERS
If you are a Flying Blue Silver, Gold or Platinum, or SkyTeam Elite or Elite Plus member, you are entitled to 1 additional checked bag at no extra charge. The permitted weight depends on your travel cabin.
DL also has the 50 lbs weight limit in international Y, versus 70 lbs in domestic Y with any level of status.
ryandc99 likes this.

Last edited by zmb; Jun 1, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Old Jun 2, 2022, 9:17 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by ryandc99
In my experience they will not. Only if you're in Business. On several occasions I have had to take items out of my bag at check-in and check a second bag (at no charge) to meet the requirements. I keep a light weight collapsible duffel bag in the outer pocket of our big suitcase for this.

Delta, on the other hand, has never made me do this despite the 50lb limit on international (even for Medallion).
ryandc99 and dmarge18 like this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 4:28 am

AF not giving Delta benefits

I booked a ticket on AF (as I do many times a year) and now they are saying that I cannot take a checked bag. First the rep said it was because of my connection with VA, I called VA and they said my ticket allows a bag.

I have gotten about 5 different answers from the reps on line. The whole partnership with AF is a mess, AF treats me like crap because I do not have status with *them* but it makes no sense to have two different Skyteams accounts.

Does anyone have a idea of a contact that can talk to both AF and DAL?

Last edited by Stephaniepatricia; Aug 7, 2022 at 4:39 am
Old Aug 7, 2022, 10:31 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Stephaniepatricia
I booked a ticket on AF (as I do many times a year) and now they are saying that I cannot take a checked bag. First the rep said it was because of my connection with VA, I called VA and they said my ticket allows a bag.

I have gotten about 5 different answers from the reps on line. The whole partnership with AF is a mess, AF treats me like crap because I do not have status with *them* but it makes no sense to have two different Skyteams accounts.

The whole partnership with AF is far from being a mess. It was a mess years ago but it has matured over the years and a large number of issues have been corrected. That being said, there might be a few glitches now and then like the one you are experiencing.

Is your status showing on the AF website when you go to manage your booking? If not, during check-in you'll have the opportunity to add your Skymiles again and the status will show. Last resource is the check-in agent at the airport, if for any reason the system doesn't waive the bag fee automatically, they can manually waive it once you show your credentials.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 12:51 pm

My status now show, and the return leg shows a bag allowance. AF insists (even though VA says it’s included) I have to pay for the bag, and they can’t tell me how much, I have to find out at the airport.I was actually at CDG today for another flight and was going to ask, but the SkyPriority line was at the very least an hour plus long.

Thank goodness I was just taking a carryon today. I am extremely reluctant to take a bag that must be checked and hope that there is someone at the counter with an ounce of sense and will follow the program rules!

Was going to post a pic of the insane CDG sky priority line today, but not allowed until 5 posts. I fly from CDG multiple times a month and have NEVER seen anything like this.

Originally Posted by SDQBound
The whole partnership with AF is far from being a mess. It was a mess years ago but it has matured over the years and a large number of issues have been corrected. That being said, there might be a few glitches now and then like the one you are experiencing.

Is your status showing on the AF website when you go to manage your booking? If not, during check-in you'll have the opportunity to add your Skymiles again and the status will show. Last resource is the check-in agent at the airport, if for any reason the system doesn't waive the bag fee automatically, they can manually waive it once you show your credentials.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 12:51 pm

My status now show, and the return leg shows a bag allowance. AF insists (even though VA says it’s included) I have to pay for the bag, and they can’t tell me how much, I have to find out at the airport.I was actually at CDG today for another flight and was going to ask, but the SkyPriority line was at the very least an hour plus long.

Thank goodness I was just taking a carryon today. I am extremely reluctant to take a bag that must be checked and hope that there is someone at the counter with an ounce of sense and will follow the program rules!

Was going to post a pic of the insane CDG sky priority line today, but not allowed until 5 posts. I fly from CDG multiple times a month and have NEVER seen anything like this.

Old Aug 7, 2022, 12:52 pm

Old Aug 8, 2022, 4:42 am

Sometimes I have needed to contact AF/KLM on whatsapp or facebook messenger to add my DL SkyMiles number to an AF or KLM booking, but then have never had a problem being able to see my actual DL status and the updated baggage allowance in the booking on the AF website or the app. So far my experience has been the partnership works very well on AF/KLM.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Stephaniepatricia

VA or VS? AF has no baggage interline with VA.

What is your DL status? What routing is your ticket AND how were flights marketed?

A STE+ member will get at least 1 free bag on any AF fare, as long as checkin is with AF or a ST carrier.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 12:59 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, Southwest RR, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by flyerCO
VA or VS? AF has no baggage interline with VA.

What is your DL status? What routing is your ticket AND how were flights marketed?

A STE+ member will get at least 1 free bag on any AF fare, as long as checkin is with AF or a ST carrier.
Saw on VS website that they and Air France has a bilateral agreement, meaning “Both carriers accept each other's tickets and through tag baggage”. Maybe it changed recently with VS joining Skyteam.
Next summer I have a LHR - MCO PS ticket. If I start the day at CDG and take a o/w AF flight, this should mean I can check my bag all the way thru CDG-LHR-MCO, correct? Will be Silver medallion in 2023

Virgin Bilateral agreements
Old Nov 13, 2022, 5:59 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Back in the day (probably like 2018 and earlier), I'm pretty sure I remember that KLM would extend the economy comfort benefit to at least one non-status companion (unsure if they had to be on the same PNR). Is that still the case? Specifically for revenue tix

Delta's website suggests no.

The FlyingBlue phone line said only for milage tickets. Or at least that's what I think she said... it was difficult to understand.

Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.