Wiki Posts
Search

BOS Runway Construction (Summer 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2017, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Gold, UA Gold, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Gold
BOS Runway Construction (Summer 2017)

Due to RWY-TAXI / CONSTRUCTION, there is a Traffic Management Program in effect for traffic arriving General Edward Lawrence Logan International Airport, Boston, MA (BOS). This is causing some arriving flights to be delayed an average of 3 hours and 14 minutes. To see if you may be affected, select your departure airport and check "Delays by Destination".
The longer North/South RWY (4R/22L is anyone cares) is out of service for a lot of the summer, so we will be experiencing crazy delays. No Parallel Runways can land Jets, so we're in for a rough couple of months.

EDIT: Will open for Landing's ONLY from June 23rd.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Hah, I was coming here to post the same thing! BOS is a f'in mess for the past several weeks since this started, and is going to be a mess through August.

Unless you have perfect conditions, expect widespread chronic delays once you get into the PM hours. Toss in some low ceilings and rain, and its cancellation time... starting with DL Connection, ie the black sheep of ATC irops.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 6:03 pm
Suspended

Are the TATL flights equally impacted?
Old Jun 5, 2017, 6:28 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Anyone have any experience with how good the Medallion Desk is for allowing changes/co-terminal changes?

I am on the 8:03 pm flight BOS-ATL tomorrow. Upgraded already.

All F seats save 2 disappeared in the last few hours. Also, today's 8:03 pm is showing an over 3 hour delay tonight. I don't want to deal with the exact same.

Thanks in advance for any anecdotes anyone may have to help.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

TATL arrivals get the priority so they are generally getting in on time, however those making connections from tatl will likely see it delayed... or if trying to get to BOS for tatl you're in trouble.

Tomorrow is going to be worse for weather with more rain... and more clouds on Wed. Don't expect 'normal' operations until Thurs.

As for co-terminal, yes it is an unpublished DM benefit, especially with delays if you need to reroute. Not sure what you're looking for though since there is no co-terminal for BOS. I would expect the 8pm to be severely delayed again tomorrow... and with it being the last flight there is danger of a cancel depending how much the delays stack up.
Old Jun 5, 2017, 7:24 pm
Suspended

I assume Delta is aware of the runway issue. Then why not adjust the schedule instead of dealing with delays every day?
Old Jun 5, 2017, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wondered the same thing... or at least post an alert on the DL website. I'm sure many pax don't know what they're in for.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

According to the FAA status, BOS is already running up to 2.5hr arrival delays... its only going to get much worse later.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 7:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by rylan
According to the FAA status, BOS is already running 2.5hr arrival delays... its only going to get much worse later.
DL119 seems to be relatively on time...
Old Jun 6, 2017, 7:59 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Originally Posted by rylan
As for co-terminal, yes it is an unpublished DM benefit, especially with delays if you need to reroute. Not sure what you're looking for though since there is no co-terminal for BOS. I would expect the 8pm to be severely delayed again tomorrow... and with it being the last flight there is danger of a cancel depending how much the delays stack up.
Perhaps you could convince the agent to switch to PVD, which is only 49 miles and has flights to DTW and ATL.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 8:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BOSTravels
DL119 seems to be relatively on time...
International gets priority for sequencing. Domestic flights will get delayed as more intl flights arrive.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 9:17 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
We were 90 minutes late out of MSP to BOS this morning. I fly home Friday — more rain in the forecast. I have a lot of trips to Boston this summer. I have a feeling it's going to be very long.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 9:21 am

Programs: DL Diamond, UA Premier Gold
Agents at the BOS counter waived the fee this morning to SDC to an earlier flight on a 3-leg itinerary (no status here.) No formal travel waiver but the red coats were telling agents to proceed as if there was. ^^

My new 9:00 Endeavor CRJ to JFK left on time.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Yup...I'm booking every 6 AM flight out of BOS I can to try to avoid the delays. Of course, not much I can do about the return flights . But this has very little to do with DL specifically.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good job on the redcoats waiving fees for SDC to help reduce the number of pax impacted by the delays. ^

What is frustrating is checking your flight status and it shows on time, even though the incoming upstream is 1.5hrs+ late and there is no way they can make it up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.