Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TYS Question

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2017, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

TYS Question

So it's not "Delta specific" except that Delta is the BIGGEST player at the airport.

If anyone lives there and can recommend a good car/taxi service that will pick up my mother (including hauling her luggage from the house to their vehicle) transport her to TYS and do it all again on the return, I would be grateful!

Thanks!
Old Jun 1, 2017, 7:15 pm

Programs: No flights since April 2019 (Medical Issues). Lost all my status.
How far does she live from the Knoxville airport?
Old Jun 1, 2017, 7:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
So it's not "Delta specific" except that Delta is the BIGGEST player at the airport.
That's surprising and a little sad considering that Delta has dropped a ton of flights from TYS. It should be ripe for the picking by a LCC.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RRDD
How far does she live from the Knoxville airport?
North Knoxville. So it's a long commute

I've gotten some leads on reputable taxi companies (I don't think I am going to be able to teach her how to use Uber!)
Old Jun 2, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
North Knoxville. So it's a long commute
(I don't think I am going to be able to teach her how to use Uber!)
Does she have a smart phone? If not, then obviously she won't be able to use Uber. But if she has a smart phone she's had to learn some skills and be capable of downloading the Uber app. The Uber Black Car option would be ideal for this situation.

I'm almost 75 and have been using Uber for some time. Plenty of people my age and older use Uber.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CarmenOM
Does she have a smart phone? If not, then obviously she won't be able to use Uber. But if she has a smart phone she's had to learn some skills and be capable of downloading the Uber app. The Uber Black Car option would be ideal for this situation.

I'm almost 75 and have been using Uber for some time. Plenty of people my age and older use Uber.
She doesn't but she will...

My problem is that when I have used Uber they don't come to the door and carry your luggage. And that's what we need here.

Heck she can drive to the airport, but she packs a LOT of stuff and at 80 carrying it down the steps and loading it in the car has become the issue!
Old Jun 2, 2017, 11:53 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
Most airports (never been to TYS) have "skycaps" or something equivilant to help elderly people with their luggage. I would consider calling up the airport and seeing if they offer a service like this.

You can also book her a car using ground link, no smartphone required, can book right from a PC.
Old Jun 2, 2017, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hi55us
Most airports (never been to TYS) have "skycaps" or something equivilant to help elderly people with their luggage. I would consider calling up the airport and seeing if they offer a service like this.

You can also book her a car using ground link, no smartphone required, can book right from a PC.
The problem is not at the airport (they do help her there) it's at the front door of her home

(And ground link doesn't serve TYS. That's the other problem it's a small airport without a lot of car service options)

I do have some taxi recommendations from posters that I will be following up on! Thanks everyone!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.