Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Account weirdness today

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2017, 1:07 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by DiverDave
I did get an extra four drink certificates in my account
There'z everyone's consolation prize after all is clawed back!

Maybe you can trade them for some Rice-a-Roni!
Old May 8, 2017, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by LBJ
I'm speaking to the people who lost all status or rollover MQM's. You earlier said your account is now correct again.
My bad. I misread that as people who had the extra/erroneous 31DEC2016 MQM removed (which then reset all my numbers to where they were before).

Carry on.

Originally Posted by pharmawalk
On what basis?
+1

"Hi, I'm calling to complain that you took away this thing which I didn't earn and should not have been given to begin with, and which I have also not used."
Old May 8, 2017, 4:41 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
First I'm bumped to Platinum a bit early.
Last night I got an email welcoming me to Diamond.
Today I'm a Gold, with (erroneously low 40K MQM).

What a mess!

I have some flights in a week or so, hope this is sorted out soon.
Old May 8, 2017, 4:45 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by gooselee

"Hi, I'm calling to complain that you took away this thing which I didn't earn and should not have been given to begin with, and which I have also not used."
Hotels have been in this kind of mess before. I picked up Hilton Diamond once, and stayed maybe 2 times in their hotels with it, so what kind of strain is that on their program? Almost nil.
Old May 8, 2017, 4:45 pm

Programs: Delta DM .5mm
On what basis?
That when I called DL and said this has to be a mistake and they assured me I was gifted MQMS. If I am honest with someone and they say here use them that you earned them.

In the retail world, you have to hold true to your loyal customers even if you make a mistake.

Not that I wouldn't earn DM again anyhow but being able to use the certs early is nice.
Old May 8, 2017, 5:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by davetravels
I'm a little surprised that one of "those" regular posters - hasn't chimed in yet, who has said something similar to this before . . . .

Are your lives THAT shallow and pathetic that showing off a shiny card makes you feel important?!?***

***Paraphrasing, because I can't remember the exact words

I'll also admit that it's fun to show off DM status a little, at times, particularly to people who fly a little - just enough to think it's hard to get thru airport "stuff". I also enjoy being a 2MM DM and posting here, amongst my flying peers to swap stories!
I sometimes take perverse pleasure in showing off DM status when a FO or GM does a DYKWIA tantrum near me or when someone tries to chat me up and impress me with how much he (or she) travels.
Old May 8, 2017, 5:41 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by woodford02A
What happens to all the GUCs applied yesterday? Could be a multi-million dollar loss for Delta...all that J space eaten up
DL decides who much upgrade inventory to open on flights. To DL, it probably doesn't make a lot of difference exactly who gets those limited upgrades, but of course it matters very much to genuine DM who have earned their GUCs and miss upgrades because someone who was "DM for a day" managed to claim GUCs and grab upgrades. It's zero sum, so the upgrade benefit that some have gotten without earning it is really coming from the hides of those who have earned the published benefit.
Old May 8, 2017, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I sometimes take perverse pleasure in showing off DM status when a FO or GM does a DYKWIA tantrum near me or when someone tries to chat me up and impress me with how much he (or she) travels.
Old May 8, 2017, 6:42 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Well, my situation with all this is the following:

1) purposefully did not hit PM last december because I had a long shot to reach DM this year, but only if I had the appropriate rollover - 23K MQM rollover. Unfortunately a couple big mileage trips abroad didn't pan out the as hoped for, so i should have just did a mileage run for the additional 2k to hit PM (hindsight is 20/20).

2) So currently GM - quite happy to see the PM status yesterday

3) All my itineraries (5 scheduled) had upgrade requests, so all five immediately upgraded all appropriate segments to Comfort+ (which is why i commented about it feeling like Xmas) - I had no control over this...happened automatically - my original seats are now gone.

4) I did select the RUCs as choice benefits and used them to upgrade some of those trips to first class - If Delta takes that away, then its no sweat off my back and it is their right.

**with all that being said, if delta's IT screwup is reversed to the level of removing those upgrades, they need to provide the original seating back IMHO because the Comfort+ upgrades were automated.

Last edited by pharmawalk; May 8, 2017 at 6:50 pm
Old May 8, 2017, 6:51 pm

Programs: Delta DM / 1M, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, Emerald Club Exec

1) purposefully did not hit PM last december because I had a long shot to reach DM this year, but only if I had the appropriate rollover - 23K MQM rollover. Unfortunately a couple big mileage trips abroad didn't pan out the as hoped for, so i should have just did a mileage run for the additional 2k to hit PM (hindsight is 20/20).

3) All my itineraries (5 scheduled) had upgrade requests, so all five immediately upgraded all appropriate segments to Comfort+ (which is why i commented about it feeling like Xmas) - I had no control over this...happened automatically - my original seats are now gone.

4) I did select the RUCs as choice benefits and used them to upgrade some of those trips to first class - If Delta takes that away, then its no sweat off my back and it is their right.

**with all that being said, if delta's IT screwup is reversed to the level of removing those upgrades, they need to provide the original seating back IMHO because the Comfort+ upgrades were automated.
I completely agree.
Old May 8, 2017, 6:53 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by javabytes
You will bow to me - YouTube
Hey, Java . . .

This video, I think, would hafto be my ALL TIME hands down DYKWIA favorite <that was posted here somewhere before>. I laugh SO FREAKIN' HARD every time I see it! I was actually in tears just now watching it again!

5 minutes later . . . .

I'm crying my eyes out, I'm laughing so hard!!! I haven't watched that in a few years!

I am a DI-YAMOND guest!

They're towing your giraffe!!!

Please take 4:45 and watch it! It's sooooo funny and appropriate!

Last edited by davetravels; May 8, 2017 at 7:00 pm
Old May 8, 2017, 7:17 pm

Programs: Delta DM .5mm

Even if Delta takes the RUCs away they will let you sit in the C+ since you are already there. They are not going to take that away FOR SURE.
Old May 8, 2017, 7:37 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by rdrink25
Even if Delta takes the RUCs away they will let you sit in the C+ since you are already there. They are not going to take that away FOR SURE.
I wouldn't be so sure:

Complimentary C+ Upgrade cleared while Medallion, revoked at check in

Not saying it's right or wrong but it did happen.

This has me wondering though if anyone with temporary PM status did a free award redeposit.
Old May 8, 2017, 7:50 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott & IHG Platty; HH Diamonte
Originally Posted by Zorak
I wouldn't be so sure:

Complimentary C+ Upgrade cleared while Medallion, revoked at check in

Not saying it's right or wrong but it did happen.

This has me wondering though if anyone with temporary PM status did a free award redeposit.
I think it will turn out ok. Not really sweating it.

Edit: although Delta should be very careful how they handle this error by not having any customers penalized for something that was completely their (Delta/Amex) fault(s).

Last edited by pharmawalk; May 8, 2017 at 7:58 pm
Old May 8, 2017, 8:15 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Originally Posted by davetravels
Hey, Java . . .

This video, I think, would hafto be my ALL TIME hands down DYKWIA favorite <that was posted here somewhere before>. I laugh SO FREAKIN' HARD every time I see it! I was actually in tears just now watching it again!

Hotel Check-In, Diamond Member - YouTube

5 minutes later . . . .

I'm crying my eyes out, I'm laughing so hard!!! I haven't watched that in a few years!

I am a DI-YAMOND guest!

They're towing your giraffe!!!

Please take 4:45 and watch it! It's sooooo funny and appropriate!
Hilarious.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.