FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Early April Operation Disruption Compensation (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1835970-early-april-operation-disruption-compensation.html)

SYRRDU Apr 17, 2017 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by GateGuardian (Post 28192744)
How long did you guys wait till you got a response from Delta? It's been almost a week and haven't got an actual response besides the 20,000 points that everyone got...

EVERYONE? I was caught up in two different lengthy delays on two separate trips and nothing here so not sure if everyone is going to get a response. I also wrote a complaint on the poor RDU sense of urgency and incompetence in turning a 2.5 hours delayed flight and haven't seen any response on that yet either. This was a bad performance by Delta, worst I have seen, even worse than the system outage a few months ago.

tigers2007 Apr 17, 2017 6:43 pm

20,000 SkyPesos is not going to cut it. I'm out well over $600 to stay at a sleazy motel, endless taxi fares, buy a one-way ticket on Frontier, and then rent a car to get home. DL flight from LAS-DTW was scheduled at noon on Friday, finally cancelled at 1AM Saturday. I should add that when the flight cancellation announcement was made, we were all informed that they are unable to re-book and that there are no hotel accommodations available (Las Vegas...). This was actually true - after receiving my luggage 2hrs later (3AM), it took me THREE full hours to locate a motel room. Pure hell but nothing compared to what people with children had to go through. Hell, they didn't even refund me half the price of my ticket yet.

Blaming a thunderstorm that happened three days prior starts to loose its edge as and excuse when its days later. I'm curious if a Judge would agree.

dinanm3atl Apr 17, 2017 6:54 pm

I did get a call. Told about the 20,000 Skymiles. Still haven't received those.

I was told I can submit my receipts for a check. I am about to file another complaint as that call was now last week. No sky miles. And I forgot but the person did not even comment on the missing MQMs.

aussiemate Apr 17, 2017 7:07 pm

Crazy delay on flight and crazy wait times on hold

Everyone,

My 5-year-old and I also incurred substantial delays and expense due to Delta on 4/7/17. Does anyone have an actual email address to which I can send my receipts and complaint? Is there a dedicated Flyertalk email or fax number? Thank you!

Aussiemate

ijgordon Apr 17, 2017 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by aussiemate (Post 28193175)
Everyone,

My 5-year-old and I also incurred substantial delays and expense due to Delta on 4/7/17. Does anyone have an actual email address to which I can send my receipts and complaint? Is there a dedicated Flyertalk email or fax number? Thank you!

Aussiemate

Delta.com. Comment/Complaint? or Email Us

aussiemate Apr 17, 2017 8:11 pm

Thank you. I want to email attachments, and the webform at delta.com doesn't permit this. Any advice?

jdrtravel Apr 17, 2017 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by aussiemate (Post 28193387)
Thank you. I want to email attachments, and the webform at delta.com doesn't permit this. Any advice?

Either call customer care or send the initial online form, and then once you get a response, you can reply directly through regular email and with attachments.

aussiemate Apr 17, 2017 8:27 pm

Jdrtravel,

Thank you. I spent 8 hours on hold with them on Friday - Saturday, no exaggeration, so I will do the email form.

Cheers!

RRDD Apr 18, 2017 4:48 am

I was booked PIT-DTW-MSP at 6:30am on Sat 4/8. That flight was canceled at 1am. I had been rebooked for Sun 4/9, arriving in the PM.

Called the hotline, but they could do no better. I told them I wanted to go Standby on the 5pm direct flight to MSP, but was told it was way overbooked. They would not put me on the Standby list.

I showed up at PIT anyway and was the last person let on the plane, arriving at MSP at 7pm.

Two days later my SkyMiles was updated with the direct flight, but showed 0 MQM's and 0 MQS's. I filled out the form on line requesting credit. Two days later I received an email and was given ORC for PIT-DTW-MSP.

I then sent another email and requested the 20,000 SkyMiles for my trouble and ground transportation issues. Two days later, the 20,000 miles appeared in my account, but the 1000 MQMs and 2 MQSs disappeared.

Sent another email, but have yet to get a reply.

ijgordon Apr 18, 2017 7:30 am

Originally Posted by aussiemate (Post 28193387)

Yes, it does.

kxc262 Apr 18, 2017 8:23 am

Originally Posted by aussiemate (Post 28193175)
Everyone,

Aussiemate

I have always submitted through the Delta website under complaints. You can attach a PDF. I have done this for my past 2 trips that required extra expenses out of pocket.

StangGT909 Apr 18, 2017 8:32 am

I submitted by the complaint link on 4/9 and attached a .pdf

Got the automated email saying they'd get back in a few days

Still nothing

Keep waiting a few more days? Submit a second one? Call ?

rylan Apr 18, 2017 9:00 am

Submitted a complaint on Mon 4/10, haven't gotten any kind of response and so far nothing in terms of the 'standard' comp that others have gotten...

Going to resubmit another today since I didn't even get the auto reply. Tried tweeting and actually got shot down by @DL saying they don't provide compensation for weather events and I was rebooked on the next available flight... which wasn't even the basis of my complaint.

jdrtravel Apr 18, 2017 9:03 am

Originally Posted by rylan (Post 28195649)
Submitted a complaint on Mon 4/10, haven't gotten any kind of response and so far nothing in terms of the 'standard' comp that others have gotten...

Going to resubmit another today since I didn't even get the auto reply. Tried tweeting and actually got shot down by @DL saying they don't provide compensation for weather events and I was rebooked on the next available flight... which wasn't even the basis of my complaint.

When I called the medallion line the agent was very friendly and gave me and my spouse $200 vouchers right away, it took no pushing.

tutkija80 Apr 18, 2017 10:40 am

Was on hold with Customer Care for about an hour yesterday.

Reservations already had refunded the cancelled return flight. CSR was able to issue a check for the balance of the fare I purchased with AA to get home. Also offered an additional 20,000 miles