FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Early April Operation Disruption Compensation (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1835970-early-april-operation-disruption-compensation.html)

EZE Apr 14, 2017 9:52 am

Originally Posted by arlflyer (Post 28177567)
Might not wanna yell that too loudly. Not sure everyone would agree with a valuation of their time at ~ $5/hour, and we wouldn't want DL to get any ideas. :D

yes but you left out the part where I said that I accept that some portion of that delay and the cancels were directly related to the weather as opposed to being more directly related to DL specific issues. 😀

TommyD2 Apr 14, 2017 10:27 am

Also got 20k miles. No cancellations just 6 hours of rolling delays.

Got home same day that I was supposed to - albeit at 11pm versus 5pm or so.

dmbolp Apr 14, 2017 11:58 am

Wife and I got 20k each for a cancelled flight on back-to-back days which was the unnecessary back-end portion of a hidden city booking we never intended to fly :)

GTLorenzo Apr 14, 2017 12:26 pm

Who do you call for this? Had a similar situation. Was booked in first and didn't get 50% bonus MQMs. Thanks!

Originally Posted by dinanm3atl (Post 28162712)
I have not seen this 20K SM offer. If that is what they offer I won't be happy.

I am due MQM/Credit for F Fare that I didn't fly. Plus multiple Ubers. Luckily no hotel as I went home to my own house. I had may different schedules. Plus I also had a bag lost. Went to wrong airport. Delivered at 230am. They closed down the Sky Priority lane and told myself and a few others to go to the mainline which had 1000+ people. Multiple other issues.

acrophobia Apr 14, 2017 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by Zorak (Post 28176746)
There was a recent thread where someone got a $0 voucher along with some miles -- was that maybe the case here as well?

(Found it: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...er-0-00-a.html)

You're right - 2500 RDMs just posted. My flight was only delayed 2.5 hours, and I didn't really expect anything for that, so no complaints.

jdrtravel Apr 14, 2017 1:54 pm

Posted in another thread but wanted to share that we each got a $200 voucher when I called in to deal with another issue and happened to bring this up. The medallion agent was very friendly about it and clearly wanted to do something. Literally five minutes after hanging up I also got the 20K mile email, so we got both a $200 voucher and 20K miles each. This was for aprox. 10 hours of rolling delays at SFO.

DiamondInTheRough Apr 14, 2017 2:22 pm

Nothing for me. My flight was delayed about 2 hours, so I am not sure if I even qualify.

ijgordon Apr 14, 2017 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by DiamondInTheRough (Post 28179627)
Nothing for me. My flight was delayed about 2 hours, so I am not sure if I even qualify.

Karma suggests you forget about it and let the compensation go to people whose vacations were ruined or near-ruined. :)

dinanm3atl Apr 14, 2017 3:12 pm

Got a call. Was told about the 20K SkyMiles and told to submit all my receipts to get a check. She apologized multiple times, thanked me for my status and flights and even commented on the number of upcoming trips.

GagaPilot Apr 14, 2017 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon (Post 28179748)
Karma suggests you forget about it and let the compensation go to people whose vacations were ruined or near-ruined. :)

Friday evening (4/7) I saw a man in SEA, probably late 40s, literally in tears. After gently asking if he was OK, he said he just purchased 3 one-way tickets on UA @ $3300 each to get to his intl destination the next day. He had been promising his family this trip since his kids were in elementary school. Delta couldn't get him there for SIX days.

jdrtravel Apr 14, 2017 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by GagaPilot (Post 28179891)
Friday evening (4/7) I saw a man in SEA, probably late 40s, literally in tears. After gently asking if he was OK, he said he just purchased 3 one-way tickets on UA @ $3300 each to get to his intl destination the next day. He had been promising his family this trip since his kids were in elementary school. Delta couldn't get him there for SIX days.

Awful. I sincerely hope that:

a) Delta will pay him back.

b) for 3300 one way that he was in J.

Lrtalk Apr 14, 2017 3:48 pm

I was delayed about three hours on Thursday night. Got the email with 20,000 sky miles last night.

davetravels Apr 14, 2017 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by ijgordon (Post 28179748)

Why? Do you think they'll run out of SkyPesos? I think they can alwayz print more.

;)

flyerslc Apr 14, 2017 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels (Post 28179962)
Why? Do you think they'll run out of SkyPesos? I think they can alwayz print more.

;)

Unlike Venezuela, they don't even have to print them 😀

dinanm3atl Apr 14, 2017 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by GTLorenzo (Post 28179219)
Who do you call for this? Had a similar situation. Was booked in first and didn't get 50% bonus MQMs. Thanks!

Email for 'mileage credit'.