FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Early April Operation Disruption Compensation (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1835970-early-april-operation-disruption-compensation.html)

ijgordon Apr 13, 2017 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by MegatopLover (Post 28176180)
Won't bother with ORC. But do want the unused tix credited for future travel.

If the flight was canceled, you're entitled to a refund to the original form of payment.

And we need to talk about the ~$325 the rental and an overnight hotel en route cost.
Yeah, this is where it will get interesting. It's what travel insurance is for, and what the airlines explicitly disclaim responsibility for. Paying this type of stuff would clearly be above and beyond, so we'll see how they manage it.
*I* need to talk to them about the Uber home from the airport (~$60), two train tickets to Philadelphia (~$150), and two one-way replacement tickets on United at $950 each :eek: . (We were desperate.)

Zorak Apr 13, 2017 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by acrophobia (Post 28176316)
I received a $0 voucher. I'm not kidding. They actually gave me a voucher in the amount of $0.00.

There was a recent thread where someone got a $0 voucher along with some miles -- was that maybe the case here as well?

(Found it: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...er-0-00-a.html)

wizzy Apr 14, 2017 5:30 am

Received the 20k mile email for a 72 hour delay; I don't consider this to be sufficient.

RICforme Apr 14, 2017 5:38 am

I was also pleasantly surprised to receive 20k miles this morning. I had a 10:30a departure from LGA to RIC that finally took off at 5p during the mess in April. Had a productive day in sky club catching up on work and was just thankful flight was not cancelled.

krlcomm Apr 14, 2017 6:06 am

Got the 20k deposit. Almost 2 days late getting home and only then because I booked an AA flight out of a different city (and to an airport that was not my point of departure either) as Delta still wasn't going to get me home until at least the next day. I sent a complaint w/ the very significant AA airfare receipt attached (could only attach 1 to the complaint) but haven't heard anything back as of yet.

All 4 DL flights this week were on time!

EZE Apr 14, 2017 6:13 am

Got the email and 20,000 miles. I'm fine with it for a 50 hour delay. Although I paid out of pocket for one night at hotel and had some uber and taxi rides, I think of the first 24 hours as being understandable. It was really the second twenty four hour period when they had the plane and crews but were still cancelling and massively delaying flights primarily because of their communication / IT / algorithm problems that I believed justified compensation. Also had two great Delta flights this week!

arlflyer Apr 14, 2017 6:33 am

Originally Posted by EZE (Post 28177506)
Got the email and 20,000 miles. I'm fine with it for a 50 hour delay.

Might not wanna yell that too loudly. Not sure everyone would agree with a valuation of their time at ~ $5/hour, and we wouldn't want DL to get any ideas. :D

ORDPLATAA Apr 14, 2017 7:36 am

Received the 20K goodwill gesture email this morning. My 8:05pm flight MSP-ORD on Thursday was cancelled and actually flew out at 7:00am Friday morning MSP-MDW. I had been at the airport most of Thursday afternoon as my meetings ended early and I tried to get on an earlier flight (not realizing the meltdown was as bad as it was). I kept getting errors on the app and the CS Desks were miles long. When my 8pm got delayed until 10:00pm, I knew what that meant. I was fortunate to find a gate agent that had no one in line and she protected me on the flight to MDW - even though she said that technically she wasn't supposed to do that because they were told only to rebook once the flight actually cancels. If she hadn't of done that, I would have been stuck for at least another day in MSP. So, for me anyways, I thought the gesture was generous - but if I had been stuck for 2,3 or 4 days trying to get home, then I would be pi$$ed but that low amount.

apodo77 Apr 14, 2017 7:59 am

EDIT - just saw the e-mail for 20000 miles. Got home 4 hours late on 4-7-17.

On another note on 4-5-17 I was flying PBI-LGA and sent in a complaint where all hell broke loose on boarding and I ended up sitting in a middle seat vs my exit row aisle. FA and GA's were both letting couples pick where they wanted to sit and we left 30 minutes late.

Delta called me yesterday after sending in my complaint and the lady on the phone apologized and never offered any form of compensation.

tutkija80 Apr 14, 2017 8:29 am

This gesture is entirely situational. If I was inconvenienced for a day, I would view this as totally reasonably.

Having 4 flights cancelled over a three day period of time away from home, minimal lead time for said cancellations, minimal communication from Delta and if not for scheduling alternative flight on AA, a timeframe of not getting home for 6 days, after the initial cancellation, 20,000 is wholly insufficient.

GateGuardian Apr 14, 2017 8:33 am

My return flight was cancelled Friday, only got 20K :( Had to pay for a hotel. Sent the bill to Delta, but didn't get anything.

tutkija80 Apr 14, 2017 8:46 am

Apparently the Customer Care line is closed today

rylan Apr 14, 2017 8:48 am

No email or anything yet... cancellations and diversion Wed, got flight to destination Thurs morning instead after a 'lovely' stay in the ATL airport. Total 14hr arrival day plus had to pay for the hotel night that I didn't use since it was too late to cancel.
Sun flight back delayed, would've missed my connection but fortunately the earlier flight was delayed to my original flight time so jumped on that one before it got filled up.

Sent email to DL on Mon but no response yet (or even auto-reply).

nikko4me Apr 14, 2017 8:54 am

Originally Posted by davetravels (Post 28176378)
I just happened to call the DM hotline about a GUC issue, and inquired VERY NICELY as to whether or not she had heard if any compensation was being issued for last week's debacle. I made it clear that I wasn't asking for anything, and that my 4 hour delay was absolutely minimal compared to what other people had experienced, and that I was just curious if she knew anything about it because I heard of some compensation being issued by reports online.

She told me that I was entitled to either 20,000 miles ~or~ a $200 ECV! :eek:

I was SHOCKED! :)

I'm hoping FT'ers don't flood the Medallion hotlines saying that they read this on FlyerTalk! :)

Thanks for posting about the shorter delay and still getting points.

dinanm3atl Apr 14, 2017 9:47 am

Originally Posted by rylan (Post 28178123)
No email or anything yet... cancellations and diversion Wed, got flight to destination Thurs morning instead after a 'lovely' stay in the ATL airport. Total 14hr arrival day plus had to pay for the hotel night that I didn't use since it was too late to cancel.
Sun flight back delayed, would've missed my connection but fortunately the earlier flight was delayed to my original flight time so jumped on that one before it got filled up.

Sent email to DL on Mon but no response yet (or even auto-reply).

Yah....

I emailed on Thursday. Had 2 cancellations on Wed. Plus multiple different travel schedules. Users. Etc. Lost MQMs.

No email. No miles. I did get auto reply from the email on Thursday I from the flight to California. Now to different airport...

Friend has no status. Just one canceled flight. Took refund. Already got his miles.