Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Certain Partner J Awards to Europe now 85,000 miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Certain Partner J Awards to Europe now 85,000 miles?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2017, 1:43 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
This appears to have happened today. I saw it on OMAAT and I've confirmed. Even a JFK-MEX flight i priced at 30k each way this morning on AeroMexico both ways is now 35k each way.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 1:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
I am holding out a tiny hope this is a bug. The Delta Corp SkyMiles rep seemed confused over my question about the price jump. Again, very tiny tiny hope!
Old Apr 7, 2017, 1:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I guess intra-region is OK for now, at least in the case of SCL-GIG on GOL.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 2:11 pm

intra-region or at least intra-asia appears to be safe... for now.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Renes Points
I am holding out a tiny hope this is a bug. The Delta Corp SkyMiles rep seemed confused over my question about the price jump. Again, very tiny tiny hope!
This is so highly characteristic of the tendencies embedded deep in Delta's DNA, that I've stopped holding out even tiny hopes in these situations.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA- 1K, DL-DM, AA-G, BON-T
OK it also affects coach redemptions. Seeing LHR-JFK as 35K on VS and 30K Delta. BOM-JFK as 40K mixed DL and 9W while 9W & VS prices at 50K. Interestingly US-Middle East has remained unchanged.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 2:37 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by shustedm
So this is what Delta's IT people were doing yesterday instead of fixing their website, phone line, or app so people could get home.
Yes, DL management is a huge fan of hit and run SkyMiles devaluations.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 2:38 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Well at least they found a way to increase award flights while their system is melting down with delays and cancellations two days prior.

SMH
Old Apr 7, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Renes Points
70 to 85 seems like an unlikely fat finger. I have a feeling this is for real.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by WWads
70 to 85 seems like an unlikely fat finger. I have a feeling this is for real.
Per an update to the TPG article linked upthread you'd be right:

Update 4/7/17 4:21pm: Delta has confirmed that this is not, in fact, a mistake. The airline provided the following statement: “This change is part of Delta’s regular evaluation of award pricing that can result in increases or decreases”.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 3:14 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
...and some of us thought that after the endless string of SlyMiles devaluations over the past few years, it would cease for a while. Nope! The dishonesty of Dullta is never-ending, continually devaluing while giving no notifications (unlike practically any other airline).
Old Apr 7, 2017, 3:24 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by RealHJ
...and some of us thought that after the endless string of SlyMiles devaluations over the past few years, it would cease for a while. Nope! The dishonesty of Dullta is never-ending, continually devaluing while giving no notifications (unlike practically any other airline).
Then stop flying them.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 3:28 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Then stop flying them.
I have, for the most part, several years ago, back when it became obvious that the EOM (End of SkyMiles, as was leaked in some job description job posts from Delta several years ago) was coming.

I fly SkyTeam, OneWorld and Star Alliance airlines pretty much equally.

But I still have a stack of DL miles to use, and for certain SkyTeam awards it still does (or did...) make sense.

Delta is total crap when it comes to regard for their customers, trust and honesty (there is completely zero of that in Delta), of course, but SkyTeam still has the best network and reach, esp. in Asia.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 3:30 pm

Of course I would like J award tickets to be as cheap as possible, but 85k each way doesn't really seem that crazy to me. A deeply discounted transatlantic Z fare RT is around $1,800 (varies by market) whereas at PWM valuation that's $1,700 and at a 1.3 cents per mile valuation, that's $2,210 RT.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 3:34 pm

So what happened to the old Skymiles JV requirement that partner flights must be in "low"? How and when did that go away?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.