Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL Sky Club Access using AMEX Platinum Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL Sky Club Access using AMEX Platinum Card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2017, 8:29 am
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by LBJ
Correct, must be Delta metal (or DL coded WS flight).
Thanks for the clarification.

It is worth noting, however, that if you have any Delta flight the same day you can then access SkyClubs with Amex Plat, even if your departing flight is on a different carrier.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 8:51 am

Programs: UA gold, Hyatt Plat Marriott silver,Hilton Gold, PC Plat., SPG Gold.,Hertz Gold, Global Entry
In terminal 1 there is no sky club, that is in terminal 4. There is no airside connection to terminal 1. The only clubs you can enter is the AF club and the Korean air club. Sorry, I forgot the name of the club.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:04 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
FYI with this particular AF club I have been able to enter with just my Priority Pass number. I did not have my card (or electronic card) and called PP and they gave me my number over the phone, and the lounge agent entered it into the keypad.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:12 am

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2.3MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by powerlifter
In terminal 1 there is no sky club, that is in terminal 4. There is no airside connection to terminal 1. The only clubs you can enter is the AF club and the Korean air club. Sorry, I forgot the name of the club.
Incorrect! The DL Sky Club IS in Terminal 1 if you are referring to SFO!
Old Mar 29, 2017, 9:48 am
C W

Originally Posted by audidudi
Also, if OP doesn't mind changing terminals, he can go to any terminal at SFO with a valid boarding pass for any other terminal. As with the Centurion option.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, TSA PreCheck
Originally Posted by C W
Also, if OP doesn't mind changing terminals, he can go to any terminal at SFO with a valid boarding pass for any other terminal. As with the Centurion option.
There's no pre-check for Airfrance, which the OP should keep in mind if wanting to go to the Centurion lounge and back to the international terminal
Old Mar 29, 2017, 12:00 pm

Amex Platinum gets you two free guests for priority pass lounges as of tomorrow? Did I read that right? Where is that outlined?
Old Mar 29, 2017, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It takes longer to get the PP membership card, which is required at PP lounges.
You can call (I think PP, but maybe AMEX, but pretty sure PP) and they can give you your new PP number over the phone. Then you can set up a PP account, then download the app and login, and add a digital card in the AppleWallet.

So you can get access to a PP lounge pretty quickly if you need to.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 12:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by quoo
Amex Platinum gets you two free guests for priority pass lounges as of tomorrow? Did I read that right? Where is that outlined?
NO, one of the benefits of the regular AmEx Plat charge card is a free "select" membership in PP. IIRC it gives you unlimited PP lounge visits and you can pay about $29 for guests.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 12:08 pm
C W

Originally Posted by quoo
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
NO, one of the benefits of the regular AmEx Plat charge card is a free "select" membership in PP. IIRC it gives you unlimited PP lounge visits and you can pay about $29 for guests.
The updated Platinum has two free guests for Priority Pass. New terms and conditions:

Priority Pass Select
These Terms and Conditions govern Card Members' participation in and use of the Priority Pass™ Select program. Priority Pass is an independent airport lounge access program. At any visit to a Priority Pass Select lounge, you may bring in two guests for no charge. You will be charged $27 for any additional guests. By enrolling in Priority Pass Select, you agree that you will be responsible for any additional accompanying guest visits and that your Card will be automatically charged after you have signed for the additional guest visit and it has been reported to Priority Pass by the participating lounge. Additionally, you acknowledge and agree that American Express will verify your Card account number and provide updated Card account information to Priority Pass. Priority Pass will use this information to fulfill on the Priority Pass Select program and may use this information for marketing related to the program. Once enrolled, Card Members in good standing may access participating Priority Pass Select lounges by presenting your Priority Pass Select card and airline boarding pass. In some lounges, Priority Pass Select member must be 21 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian. Priority Pass Select members must adhere to all house rules of participating lounges. Amenities may vary among airport lounge locations. Conference rooms, where available, may be reserved for a nominal fee. Priority Pass Select lounge partners and locations are subject to change. All Priority Pass Select members must adhere to the Priority Pass Conditions of Use, which will be sent to you with your membership package, and can be viewed at www.prioritypass.com. Upon receipt of your enrollment information, Priority Pass will send your Priority Pass Select card and membership package which you should receive within 10–14 business days. If you have not received the Priority Pass card after 14 days, please contact American Express using the number on the back of your American Express Card. Please note, Additional Gold Card Members are not eligible for membership.
Discussed:

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea....priority-pass/

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...fee-550-a.html - See Wiki
Old Mar 29, 2017, 1:13 pm

oh sweet! thank you for the links.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by flyerCO
AFAIK most PP lounges will take the digital card
. There are some that don't, but never been to one.
I remember one in Inner Mongolia that would not take the e-card last year. However, I vaguely remember at least one other place I was going that plastic was required as they did not have a scanner.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 2:12 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2.3MM, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by Xeno
I remember one in Inner Mongolia that would not take the e-card last year. However, I vaguely remember at least one other place I was going that plastic was required as they did not have a scanner.
That's funny because I thought it was Outer Mongolia that doesn't take it! LOL!
Old Mar 30, 2017, 7:22 am

Programs: UA gold, Hyatt Plat Marriott silver,Hilton Gold, PC Plat., SPG Gold.,Hertz Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by audidudi
Maybe I misunderstood. I was talking about terminal 1 at JFK.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:47 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Maybe I misunderstood. I was talking about terminal 1 at JFK.
The OP was talking about flying SFO-JFK. No one in the thread mentioned JFK until you did

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.