Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Premium Cabin Cost Cutting

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2017, 8:37 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
Those claiming Delta is cutting premium cabin should try a USdbaAA "enhanced" meal
Old Mar 30, 2017, 8:42 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, AA Platinum Pro, Hertz Presidents
DL food has gone downhill. Like Barkley would say..."Turrible!"
Old Mar 30, 2017, 8:59 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by gooselee
even better if they add some charcuterie to it

There ya' go!
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:22 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Old Mar 30, 2017, 12:38 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by davetravels
Just curious. What, exactly, is your peeve?

Would you prefer this?

Love it!

I always just found them to be cheap compared to the "upscale" brand Delta is trying to push as D1. I can also never get the pepper out.

It's one of those odd, minor, items that doesn't bring D1 up to the level of other international J class products.

It looks like they are changing with the new "upgrades" starting April 1.
https://www.wired.com/2017/03/delta-...gn-30000-feet/
Old Mar 30, 2017, 12:56 pm

I know one seasonal route that was literally never fully catered for Main Cabin and First Class even one time. Even when a catering manager was supposed to watch the aircraft at the gate, something would be missing like cups.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 6:59 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by scottsam66
DL food has gone downhill. Like Barkley would say..."Turrible!"
When has food on airlines not been going downhill? I suspect we would see a similar version of this thread in 2006, and 1996, and 1986, etc etc
Old Mar 30, 2017, 7:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by steveholt
When has food on airlines not been going downhill? I suspect we would see a similar version of this thread in 2006, and 1996, and 1986, etc etc
I had a delicious steak on DL LAX-JFK in early January this year.
Old Apr 2, 2017, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
I had a delicious steak on DL LAX-JFK in early January this year.
I had BBQ chicken sliders which were excellent on JFK-ATL last month.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 9:27 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Originally Posted by DCAproducer
Love it!

I always just found them to be cheap compared to the "upscale" brand Delta is trying to push as D1. I can also never get the pepper out.

It's one of those odd, minor, items that doesn't bring D1 up to the level of other international J class products.

It looks like they are changing with the new "upgrades" starting April 1.
https://www.wired.com/2017/03/delta-...gn-30000-feet/
That Alessi set is nice!!

I'm worked in in-flight project management in a previous life, and that's the kind of stuff that would get me excited. Sad, but true.

I can't help but wonder if there is a Virgin Atlantic influence to some of the elements and upgrades to some of the soft product lately.

Anyway, end of OT 😶
Old Apr 3, 2017, 9:32 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Originally Posted by Widgets
I know one seasonal route that was literally never fully catered for Main Cabin and First Class even one time. Even when a catering manager was supposed to watch the aircraft at the gate, something would be missing like cups.
A route to Spain or Italy by chance? 😝

I worked for the sadly now defunct World Airways for a while. The random charters took them literally all over the globe. I honestly don't know how onboard service managed to get a 350 pax aircraft fully catered pretty much every where they went. Those DC10 galleys had carts and galley boxes from just about every other airline
Old Apr 5, 2017, 4:39 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Platinum
I'd also welcome a fruit/cheese plate instead of dessert, but I can't imagine a way that DL (or most airlines) could manage to serve the cheese at an appropriate temperature. Even in D1, when in theory the cheese could have been approaching room temperature while the previous courses were served, the cheese is too cold to have any flavor.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by ryanm
I'd also welcome a fruit/cheese plate instead of dessert, but I can't imagine a way that DL (or most airlines) could manage to serve the cheese at an appropriate temperature. Even in D1, when in theory the cheese could have been approaching room temperature while the previous courses were served, the cheese is too cold to have any flavor.
To be fair, from a food safety perspective I'd rather be served cheese that is too cold than cheese that has been at or near room temperature for a little too long. I wouldn't be surprised if the FA guidance on serving cheese/dessert plates also errs on that side of things.
Old Apr 5, 2017, 6:51 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by gooselee
To be fair, from a food safety perspective I'd rather be served cheese that is too cold than cheese that has been at or near room temperature for a little too long. I wouldn't be surprised if the FA guidance on serving cheese/dessert plates also errs on that side of things.
Agreed that there's no way that most airlines would leave cheese out very long, but on the other hand it wouldn't bother me at all. Cheese can withstand room temperature for many hours (I've had it out for 48+ hours without a problem). But the odds an airline would do this are virtually nonexistent, for legal, training, and logistical reasons. So probably given the choice of refrigerator-cold cheese and a room temperature candy bar, I'd take the latter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.