Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Premium Cabin Cost Cutting

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2017, 9:55 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Yup.....catering issues yesterday at LGA.
LGA and MSP are both consistently terrible. IIRC, both stations contract with Gate Gourmet.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by bubbashow
So....there was a catering error (which happens to all airlines, AA included), but DL wins in the long run. In other words, this is a thread about nothing but the lack of a bad Dancing Deer cookie.
Yea, those Dancing Deer cookies are awful. I'm not sure why Delta still insists on serving them.

FWIW, I think flights over 1,500 miles are supposed to have a more substantial, plated desert.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 10:48 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Previously top-tier everything, now a happy free agent
Originally Posted by ruckzac
Yea, those Dancing Deer cookies are awful. I'm not sure why Delta still insists on serving them.

FWIW, I think flights over 1,500 miles are supposed to have a more substantial, plated desert.
I've flown between SEA-MSP (~1400 miles) and SEA-DTW (~1900 miles) in both directions in F and have always gotten either:

1) Lunch: pie/pastry/cake thing pre-plated on tray
2) Dinner: ice cream/gelato (usually Jeni's... one time catering messed up and we got Blue Bunny, the crew was so embarassed to serve this :P)
3) "Snack" service (post-8pm departure): usually a Dancing Deer brownie or cookie
Old Mar 26, 2017, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
The OP offers no evidence for cost-cutting other than in the meal service. There's a well-established meal thread where the OP could have researched what has been typical, to see if his service was an anomaly. That would take a bit of effort on his part... so that wasn't the route taken.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 12:28 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by pvn
"pretty upset"

lol

Yeah, that dancing deer cookie is so much better.
It has nothing to do with getting the dancing deer cookie or ice cream or anything else instead of the candy bar, I likely wouldn't eat any of them as I don't really like sweets. Serving a candy bar in a premium cabin just shows a cheap, callous disregard for customers. Imagine going to a restaurant and having a Snickers plonked in front of you after your meal.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bubbashow
So....there was a catering error (which happens to all airlines, AA included), but DL wins in the long run. In other words, this is a thread about nothing but the lack of a bad Dancing Deer cookie.
What is so bad about Dancing Deer cookies? They seem pretty good for a mass produced product.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
What is so bad about Dancing Deer cookies? They seem pretty good for a mass produced product.
I actually love the lemon one.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 1:56 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by C W
It has nothing to do with getting the dancing deer cookie or ice cream or anything else instead of the candy bar, I likely wouldn't eat any of them as I don't really like sweets. Serving a candy bar in a premium cabin just shows a cheap, callous disregard for customers. Imagine going to a restaurant and having a Snickers plonked in front of you after your meal.
A lot of times my wife would probably have been happier with the Snickers.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
Originally Posted by C W
The flight attendants may have been mistaken but my concern was they said this is what all non -transcon flights get
Old Mar 26, 2017, 6:59 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I actually love the lemon one.
I love most of the flavors and order them to eat at home and for gifts. Always a hit.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 8:30 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by C W
Come on, let's not act like this is a Michelin 3 star dining experience.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 8:33 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
And really, imagine going to a restaurant and having a prepackaged dancing deer cookie plonked in front of you. It's no different. Of course, we got to restaurants specifically for the purpose of eating. We get on airplanes to go somewhere. Food on the plane is by definition utilitarian. If you really want a dining experience there are plenty of better places where ever it is you are going.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 8:53 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by pvn
Come on, let's not act like this is a Michelin 3 star dining experience.
Originally Posted by pvn
And really, imagine going to a restaurant and having a prepackaged dancing deer cookie plonked in front of you. It's no different. Of course, we got to restaurants specifically for the purpose of eating. We get on airplanes to go somewhere. Food on the plane is by definition utilitarian. If you really want a dining experience there are plenty of better places where ever it is you are going.
Of course Delta Domestic First Class isn't a 3 Michelin Star experience. But that doesn't mean that it can't have standards, and personally I would like one of those standards to include not serving candy bars as part of a meal.

Were flying and eating on planes purely utilitarian we would all be happily riding in Southwest's flying school buses and bringing our own sack lunches.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 9:23 pm

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
I just flew DTW-NRT yesterday and the food was awefull. Dinner was some baked chicken and mashed potatoes. Mid flight snack was a half baked flat breat pizza and a Magnum ice cream bar. Breakfast was the worst, some kind of burrito and hashbrowns, did not finish it. Of course this was in the main cabin.

I wish there was a way to bring some food from outside and have them warm it up. I could just bring a couple of subs or something and eat them later.

we were also not given food menus. The FA said, they are saving some $ by not printing those any more.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by Eddie98
I just flew DTW-NRT yesterday and the food was awefull. Dinner was some baked chicken and mashed potatoes. Mid flight snack was a half baked flat breat pizza and a Magnum ice cream bar. Breakfast was the worst, some kind of burrito and hashbrowns, did not finish it.
Same food ATL-NRT last week. Has been like this for a couple of years now. I skip the mid-flight and pre-arrival 'meal' nowadays because they are so poor.

we were also not given food menus. The FA said, they are saving some $ by not printing those any more.
We were given menus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.