Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Premium Cabin Cost Cutting

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2017, 5:06 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Now THAT'S a dessert!......

Sitting on MEX/JFK currently

Posted from my phone. I hope it's not HUGE!
Attached Images  
Old Mar 27, 2017, 5:21 pm

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
That said..... Speaking of cost cutting.....

I was looking for the little plastic salt n pepper shakers. I asked the FA, and she said she was looking for them, too! She told me to look UNDER my bread dish. Huh!?! .....
Attached Images  
Old Mar 27, 2017, 7:46 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
Originally Posted by davetravels
That said..... Speaking of cost cutting.....

I was looking for the little plastic salt n pepper shakers. I asked the FA, and she said she was looking for them, too! She told me to look UNDER my bread dish. Huh!?! .....
Nooooo! I love the little salt and pepper shakers! Hopefully not the start of their demise.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 7:48 pm

Originally Posted by C W
Nooooo! I love the little salt and pepper shakers! Hopefully not the start of their demise.
When I flew the reverse JFK/MEX on Friday, they had them.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Now THAT'S a dessert!......

Sitting on MEX/JFK currently

Posted from my phone. I hope it's not HUGE!
Looks like what AM normally serves on their flights. I'm guessing DL just contracts to AM or same vendor as AM.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by aero0729
Here is a picture! I know this is not a D1 route, but still pathetic for 5 hour flight. Steak was gross (as it should be on a US domestic flight) would have been nice to have dessert.
So the main course "should" be gross on a domestic flight, but God forbid they give you a pre-formed chunk of chocolate and sugar for dessert.

That photo seems like a pretty standard offering for a non-TCON domestic flight. No, it's not over-the-top special. But you're still eating a hot meal 30,000 feet in the air. If that meal isn't good enough for your tastes, you'll be at your destination in just a few hours.

Originally Posted by Saj8986
Agree....good cheese plate with crackers and some grapes. So much better IMHO than say salmon.

Oh and a steady beverage service.
Ooh...now that y'all mention this, that would be excellent. Add a couple cured meats to that cheese plate and that would be a lovely, tasty in-flight snack.

Also, in domestic FC, I always feel like I more want to snack/graze on things than "sit down" for a full meal. So...that part's appealing to me, as well.

I hope it's not HUGE!
It is.

Referring to the photo, of course.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 8:50 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by aero0729
Here is a picture! I know this is not a D1 route, but still pathetic for 5 hour flight. Steak was gross (as it should be on a US domestic flight) would have been nice to have dessert.
I'd take the candy bar over the mediocre gelato they usually serve with dinner. But, other than that substitution, it looks like a standard F meal. I wouldn't order the steak, but that's personal taste.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Well I guess I'll get to compare tomorrow. I get lunch on my 1030 flight ATL-JFK and Lunch again on my 1330 JFK-LAX. Should be interesting.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by flyerCO
... 1030 flight ATL-JFK and ... 1330 JFK-LAX. Should be interesting.
looks like creative SDCing ... very nicely played, if so ^
Old Mar 27, 2017, 9:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jrl767
looks like creative SDCing ... very nicely played, if so ^
Was booked ATL-SLC-LAX to take advantage of the daily A330 to SLC. Since I have time to kill (flying to LAX to fly out on KLM the next day) figured get some extra sleep (later departure) plus kill some time. Since I used a RUC to confirm SLC was able to switch easily.

This also means I keep up my record of being booked through SLC multiple times, but as of yet, never having set foot there.
Old Mar 27, 2017, 9:50 pm

Delete
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Was booked ATL-SLC-LAX to take advantage of the daily A330 to SLC. Since I have time to kill (flying to LAX to fly out on KLM the next day) figured get some extra sleep (later departure) plus kill some time. Since I used a RUC to confirm SLC was able to switch easily.

This also means I keep up my record of being booked through SLC multiple times, but as of yet, never having set foot there.
Good move. SLC is a dump.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 7:57 am

Programs: Blinged Out
My goodness! A candy bar in domestic F!? Has the world gone mad!?

This thread should be merged with the random and pathetic complaints thread, as no one should reasonably expect an "Olive Garden in the skies-experience" in domestic F.

My wife and I love the Dancing Deer cookies btw.
Old Mar 28, 2017, 8:22 am

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Caesars Diamond, K Fund
Originally Posted by WWads
Good move. SLC is a dump.
So that makes CVG the equivalent of Chernobyl?
Old Mar 28, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by DCFinanceinFlight
So that makes CVG the equivalent of Chernobyl?
Well if that were the case, I'd be glowing by now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.