Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta lounge access Frankfurt

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2019, 4:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by MarkCron
hasn't changed at all .... same food and drinks which are nothing to get excited about (my experience is strictly from 8-11AM)
Is it cheap wine? Champagne?
Old Mar 27, 2019, 5:18 pm

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Is it cheap wine? Champagne?
I've never had the wine and don't recall what the sparkling wine was ...... sorry about that.
I've always been in am, and only had coffee and water.
Pretty sure the beer is Krombacher Pils and there is a weisebeer as well.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 6:51 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by Xeno
This thread is of interest to me as well.

I will be flying D1 to FCO then LH economy to LEA via FRA. Later in the year I do D1 to FR then LH economy to TXL. I do have PP for these excursions.

The latter ticket involves 3 hour connections at FRA so I hope there are no major issues with my checked luggage.
If you happen to have an AMEX Platinum card, they are currently having a program that allows you to have access to LH Business lounges in FRA if flying in Y on LH through October.

Just took advantage of this when KL cancelled my itinerary with them through AMS and they rebooked me on LH through FRA. While not exactly beautiful, they are airy with above average food and drink options.
Old May 16, 2019, 9:06 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, former AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Uber Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by C W
If flying SkyTeam you should have access to any SkyTeam lounge as your DM status makes you SkyTeam Elite +. There are some complications with FRA's terminals and areas and with who exactly your carrier is regarding third-party contract lounge access. Delta no longer provides this for STE+, only for business class.
OK, I'm really confused about this one. Wife was denied access to SkyLounge as a DM departing in C+ on DL metal. Three separate people at FRA told her there was no access for her.

The ST website is pretty clear that DL is allowed access and doesn't have any exception noted about being only for J.

Can someone help me understand this discrepancy?
Old May 16, 2019, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by nickflies
OK, I'm really confused about this one. Wife was denied access to SkyLounge as a DM departing in C+ on DL metal. Three separate people at FRA told her there was no access for her.

The ST website is pretty clear that DL is allowed access and doesn't have any exception noted about being only for J.

DL only provides third party lounge (meaning non-ST) for STE+ when flying in J. If she was on AF/KL theu would jave given her access. DL is the only one that doesnt.
Old May 16, 2019, 9:22 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, former AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Uber Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by flyerCO
DL only provides third party lounge (meaning non-ST) for STE+ when flying in J. If she was on AF/KL theu would jave given her access. DL is the only one that doesnt.
I understand that for the AF lounge at FRA (and broadly for other outstations of DL) but at FRA this one is called the "Sky Lounge" and on the SkyTeam website it says "you can access this lounge if you are an eligible passenger traveling on an international flight operated by the following airlines" one of which is DL.

It doesn't list any type of exception there to the normal ST access rules, whereas the AF lounge is noted as just for AF/KLM/Czech which is fair enough.
Old May 16, 2019, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I understand that for the AF lounge at FRA (and broadly for other outstations of DL) but at FRA this one is called the "Sky Lounge" and on the SkyTeam website it says "you can access this lounge if you are an eligible passenger traveling on an international flight operated by the following airlines" one of which is DL.

It doesn't list any type of exception there to the normal ST access rules, whereas the AF lounge is noted as just for AF/KLM/Czech which is fair enough.
Skylounge isn't ST. DL has its own policy of only giving STE+ to thrid party lounges if in J. It's been this way for couple years.
Old May 16, 2019, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It's been 5 years since the elimination of access to third-party lounges for DL STE+ in coach on DL metal flights --

delta cutting access to many of the international lounges

Although, you might get lucky (particularly at smaller stations). Was handed a pass to third-party lounge at NCE (without asking) when checking-in and flying DL NCE-JFK flight on DL ticket in coach a couple years ago.

Last edited by xliioper; May 16, 2019 at 12:16 pm
Old May 16, 2019, 12:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
Skylounge isn't ST. DL has its own policy of only giving STE+ to thrid party lounges if in J. It's been this way for couple years.
It's confusing in that there are a couple SkyTeam lounges in addition to lounges operated by SkyTeam members.
Old May 16, 2019, 1:00 pm

My wife and I were both aware of the move to cut DL Y access for STE+ at non-ST lounges, but this particular situation is so poorly worded it borders on misleading.

I mean, the darn thing is called a SkyLounge, it's on the SkyTeam website under their lounge section, and Delta is mentioned there alongside other SkyTeam carriers regarding "eligible international flights" with no indication this isn't a SkyTeam lounge. The whole thing is set up for disappointment.

That said, I discovered most T2 lounges are Priority Pass, so that's an easy workaround.
Old May 16, 2019, 1:22 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, 2 MM
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Any recent experience on the lounge in Frankfurt? Is it even worth visiting?
It’s very basic. Hardly any food when I was there.
Old May 16, 2019, 1:40 pm

the "skylounge" at FRA is not a Sky Club and is not a SkyTeam operated lounge. It's just some random third-party lounge.
ijgordon likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.