Wiki Posts
Search

Delta lounge access Frankfurt

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2017, 9:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond MM Hyatt Plat Starwoods SPG
Delta lounge access Frankfurt

Does a Sky Club membership or Diamond status get you into a lounge at Frankfurt Airport ? Thanks
Old Mar 18, 2017, 9:47 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Denzoo
Does a Sky Club membership or Diamond status get you into a lounge at Frankfurt Airport ? Thanks
​​​​​Are you flying Delta? The lounge finder is here:
http://www.delta.com/skyclub/skyclub/viewSkyClub_performRequest.action

If flying AF or KL you may have additional options.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 10:41 pm
C W

Programs: DL PM, AS MVP 75K, HH/SPG/MR Gold, Amex Plat, PRG, CSR
What is your exact itinerary, including flight numbers, and ticketing carrier?

If flying SkyTeam you should have access to any SkyTeam lounge as your DM status makes you SkyTeam Elite +. There are some complications with FRA's terminals and areas and with who exactly your carrier is regarding third-party contract lounge access. Delta no longer provides this for STE+, only for business class. But if you are flying on KLM/AF metal as a Delta GM+, even on Delta ticket stock, you typically get access to their third party lounges in the event that a ST-run lounge is not available.

There are lots of people on here who are happy to look at your flights, terminals, and status and tell you exactly what the best choice is, but we do need detailed information.

However, keep in mind being Lufthansa's primary hub, FRA is a terrible airport for SkyTeam lounging.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 2:18 am

Programs: Fallen DL DM (PM) 2MM
Flying Delta out of FRA there is no lounge for STE+ in coach. Last time I flew D1 I was able to use the Sky Lounge (which oldtimers tell me is where Delta's lounge was, once upon a time). This is also a Priority Pass lounge if you have that (which I do).
Old Mar 19, 2017, 6:30 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
This thread is of interest to me as well.

I will be flying D1 to FCO then LH economy to LEA via FRA. Later in the year I do D1 to FR then LH economy to TXL. I do have PP for these excursions.

The latter ticket involves 3 hour connections at FRA so I hope there are no major issues with my checked luggage.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Diamond MM Hyatt Plat Starwoods SPG
Originally Posted by C W
What is your exact itinerary, including flight numbers, and ticketing carrier?

If flying SkyTeam you should have access to any SkyTeam lounge as your DM status makes you SkyTeam Elite +. There are some complications with FRA's terminals and areas and with who exactly your carrier is regarding third-party contract lounge access. Delta no longer provides this for STE+, only for business class. But if you are flying on KLM/AF metal as a Delta GM+, even on Delta ticket stock, you typically get access to their third party lounges in the event that a ST-run lounge is not available.

There are lots of people on here who are happy to look at your flights, terminals, and status and tell you exactly what the best choice is, but we do need detailed information.

However, keep in mind being Lufthansa's primary hub, FRA is a terrible airport for SkyTeam lounging.
Flying on DL FL 86 Frankfurt to Detroit (Delta Metal) I think I'm out of luck
Old Mar 19, 2017, 2:42 pm

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
STE+ does not get you in, but you can get in for I think 35 Euro
Old Mar 19, 2017, 8:32 pm
C W

Originally Posted by MarkCron
STE+ does not get you in, but you can get in for I think 35 Euro
It is also a Priority Pass lounge, if you have that.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 8:35 pm
C W

Originally Posted by Xeno
This thread is of interest to me as well.

I will be flying D1 to FCO then LH economy to LEA via FRA. Later in the year I do D1 to FR then LH economy to TXL. I do have PP for these excursions.

The latter ticket involves 3 hour connections at FRA so I hope there are no major issues with my checked luggage.
Since you are flying LH out of T1 with no LH status in econ, you will not have lounge access. There is no PP lounge in T1 post-security.
Old Mar 24, 2017, 9:38 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by C W
Since you are flying LH out of T1 with no LH status in econ, you will not have lounge access. There is no PP lounge in T1 post-security.
Thanks for the warning. Since I am arriving on DL D1 is there another way to get in a lounge before going on to T1 for LH economy to TXL?
Old Mar 24, 2017, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, AA EXP, SPG Plat
If you arrive on D1 you have access to the SkyLounge on arrival (I use it often for the showers). But, the lounge is airside so you still have to clear immigration in T2 and get the train to T1 for check-in and security, just plan for the transit time.
Old Dec 6, 2017, 10:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CaptainCajun
If you arrive on D1 you have access to the SkyLounge on arrival (I use it often for the showers). But, the lounge is airside so you still have to clear immigration in T2 and get the train to T1 for check-in and security, just plan for the transit time.
Is the SkyLounge accessible for Delta One passengers whose final destination is FRA given that the lounge is airside? Not overly-familiar with the FRA layout and Schengen vs. non-Schengen zones always confuse me.
Looks like there are showers operated by the airport as a backup, but even for those it's not entirely clear to me from the confusing airport website/map that those are landside.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 11:06 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ijgordon
Is the SkyLounge accessible for Delta One passengers whose final destination is FRA given that the lounge is airside? Not overly-familiar with the FRA layout and Schengen vs. non-Schengen zones always confuse me.
Looks like there are showers operated by the airport as a backup, but even for those it's not entirely clear to me from the confusing airport website/map that those are landside.
It's accessible in the sense that you can get to the door, but it's not an arrivals lounge. Depending on your access method (DL D1 versus PP etc.) they might or might not let you enter.

GENERAL NOTE: After you go through passport control to enter the EU, there's a small AF lounge near the gates used by AF and KLM. It's newish looking, but small and rather depressing and IIRC doesn't have lavatories or windows. This is NOT in the same terminal as the LH domestic and European flights.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 1:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Any recent experience on the lounge in Frankfurt? Is it even worth visiting?
Old Mar 27, 2019, 4:08 pm

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Originally Posted by hockeyinsider
Any recent experience on the lounge in Frankfurt? Is it even worth visiting?
hasn't changed at all .... same food and drinks which are nothing to get excited about (my experience is strictly from 8-11AM)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.