Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is SLC-LHR being discontinued?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2017, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Task Force DL
I know both products well since this is my commute (LHR-SFO and LHR-JFK) at least twice a month. I find the VS herringbone configuration to be inferior to others like BR and CX. The seats are also very very hard and privacy is an issue since they have the weird semi-transparent plastic divider.

Having said that, the 787 is a wonderful aircraft and is much quieter than a 7x7 on DL.

My general preference is to leverage the VS lounges but fly on DL metal. Either way, you're going to have a pretty good experience.

TFD
The semi-transparent divider is on the VS A330. The 787 has a different seat divider. Also the 787 left side seats have extra privacy since the middle row seats all share the aisle with the right side seats.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, 20 Years Top Tier on DL, UA 1K, AC E75k, MR/SPG Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by flyerCO
The semi-transparent divider is on the VS A330. The 787 has a different seat divider. Also the 787 left side seats have extra privacy since the middle row seats all share the aisle with the right side seats.
flyerCO - You are correct here. Apologies for the confusion Re: the 333 vs 787 dividers. Everything else in my aforementioned and quoted post still stands. Bottom line OP - You will have a pleasant experience.

TFD
Old Mar 27, 2017, 4:14 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by kop84
Once the change is fully put in, it's highly unlikely they would NOT let you change to Saturday.

Plus you should be HOPING for a change on the return as well to be able to jump on the one stop CDG/SEA/BOI routing. eliminating the extra stop at no expense.

You've got a long time and several more changes are likely to occur...probably nothing as dramatic, but if you're vigilant you can make it work to your advantage.
Well, they didn't let us change to Saturday since there was an alternative one-stop that left on Sunday. However we did get on the one stop CDG/SEA/BOI coming back, which is much better than the original booking, and put us on the A332 from Paris to Seattle.

To recap:

Originally BOI/SLC/LHR on 11/12 and CDG/LHR/SLC/BOI on 11/18. Schedule change had us BOI/SLC/MSP/LHR on 11/12 and CDG/LHR/SLC/BOI on 11/18 with a missed connection SLC/BOI. Called Delta and got on BOI/MSP/LHR and CDG/SEA/BOI coming back.

I tried to get on Virgin going to London as there was a one stop option BOI/SEA/LHR, but agent said no award availability on VS.
Old May 29, 2017, 5:06 pm

This route has now been dropped completely in the winter, per airlineroute.net:

Originally Posted by airlineroute.net
Delta Airlines during the weekend of 28MAY17’s schedule update has removed Salt Lake City – London Heathrow service for winter season, from 29OCT17 to 23MAR18. Prior to this conversion to summer-seasonal service, the Skyteam member originally planned 4 weekly service with Boeing 767.

Previously filed schedule as follow.

DL050 SLC2027 – 1335+1LHR 76W x357
DL051 LHR1440 – 1849SLC 76W x357
Those with existing bookings in winter season will need to check for rebooking options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.