Search

Is SLC-LHR being discontinued?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2017, 9:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM. DL Plat, AS MVP
Originally Posted by kchoya
You seen any changes/updates yet? I haven't.
Nope! Still in limbo!
Old Mar 25, 2017, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by WWads
No, they can't force award space on any partner's metal. Only their own.
Yes they can with their joint-venture partners. It takes some doing and special circumstances, ask for someone in the reservations JV desk to talk to their counterpart at KLM, AF or VS.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 11:54 am

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Yes they can with their joint-venture partners. It takes some doing and special circumstances, ask for someone in the reservations JV desk to talk to their counterpart at KLM, AF or VS.
KLM is initiating 787 service to SLC, so there's that option too. The new WBC seat isn't terrible and the service IME has been very good.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Ok - just got an email (Sat, 1:10pm, Pacific time) that the schedule has changed. I was put on a connection via MSP. I'll give them a call to change to the flights I want.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
No that's them liaisoning with AF/KLM/AZ/VS/whomever and asking them to open space. No different then what they would do if it was MU/SU/VN/etc. The other airline RM has to give the OK and open space. DL can not force the space like they can on a DL metal flight.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 4:13 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by zrs70
Ok - just got an email (Sat, 1:10pm, Pacific time) that the schedule has changed. I was put on a connection via MSP. I'll give them a call to change to the flights I want.
Didn't get an email, but the changes did show up when I logged in online. I was BOI-SLC-LHR, now we are BOI-SLC-MSP-LHR, with tight connections. Hopefully I can convince them to put us on BOI-SEA-LHR (on Virgin), or go out a day earlier on the original BOI-SLC-LHR schedule.

Coming back we also have a change that causes a missed connection. Scheduled for CDG-LHR-SLC-BOI, the LHR-SLC flight is moved back so that we miss the SLC-BOI flight. Hopefully I can get them to put us on CDG-SEA-BOI (on an A330 no less).
Old Mar 25, 2017, 5:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I called Delta, and they were very accommodating with many options. Indeed, I was able to have them start the trip in Los Angeles rather than Salt Lake City!
Old Mar 25, 2017, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I called Delta, and they were very accommodating with many options. Indeed, I was able to have them start the trip in Los Angeles rather than Salt Lake City!
Flying DL or VS? Just curious. However knew that they would likely switch you to depart from LAX.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Flying DL or VS? Just curious. However knew that they would likely switch you to depart from LAX.
Delta, which I wanted. I've flown vs in business many times. Not a fan of their seat.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Delta, which I wanted. I've flown vs in business many times. Not a fan of their seat.
I don't mind the 787. I hate the A340 and truly dislike the A330 seat. The middle having the shoulder light placed right where the shoulder goes, the later due to the see through partition & the fact they packed in the seats.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 8:42 pm

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
I don't mind the 787. I hate the A340 and truly dislike the A330 seat. The middle having the shoulder light placed right where the shoulder goes, the later due to the see through partition & the fact they packed in the seats.
787 on VS or the 767 on Delta, which is a better BE product?
Old Mar 25, 2017, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

I would take the VS 787. The seats on them are much better IMO them the DL 767.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 11:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Once upon a time, VS C was light years ahead of what others had to offer. Remember the onboard manicures? The dual amenity kits? The huge sized printed menus?
Old Mar 26, 2017, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Once upon a time, VS C was light years ahead of what others had to offer. Remember the onboard manicures? The dual amenity kits? The huge sized printed menus?
Once upon a time VS J also cost what you'd pay for IFC on a lot of carriers.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 9:51 am

Programs: DL DM/2.5MM, 20 Years Top Tier on DL, UA 1K, AC E75k, MR/SPG Lifetime Platinum
I know both products well since this is my commute (LHR-SFO and LHR-JFK) at least twice a month. I find the VS herringbone configuration to be inferior to others like BR and CX. The seats are also very very hard and privacy is an issue since they have the weird semi-transparent plastic divider.

Having said that, the 787 is a wonderful aircraft and is much quieter than a 7x7 on DL.

My general preference is to leverage the VS lounges but fly on DL metal. Either way, you're going to have a pretty good experience.

TFD

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.