Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Confirmed Systemwide Outage

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2017, 6:22 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, and major hotels
Lounge at JFK is saying "all flights are affected" domestic and international. Boards show differently.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 6:22 pm

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Originally Posted by Pretzelsandpeanuts
We were released (3314 LGA - CMH). There was barely any ground traffic, just an AA flight in front of us. As we took off I saw at least 20 Delta planes sitting there not moving. Not sure why we were allowed to go, maybe because it's technically Shuttle America? Who knows, but happy to get out
Im going to take a guess (emphasize guess) that this is because you are on a Connection carrier. While marketed as Delta, those are operated by a separate carrier so potentially unaffected by whatever the issue may be.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 6:24 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Sorry guys, this must all be my fault.

I was trying to book a multi-city international award on partner airlines when the system suddenly crashed.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 6:25 pm

Programs: ba silver
It' s time the DOT start fining airlines and force them to pay EU-style compensation when things like this happen. You don' t see this as much with European airlines ( or anywhere else for that matter), and when it does happen with other airlines it doesn' t take them as long to get planes up in the air again ( unlike the Delta fiasco in August).
Old Jan 29, 2017, 6:25 pm

Programs: DL FO
Delta statement on systems outage

Delta teams are expeditiously working to fix a systems outage that has resulted in departure delays for flights on the ground. Flights in the air remain unaffected. Delta apologizes to customers for the inconvenience.

Delta will provide updates as they become available on news.delta.com
http://news.delta.com/delta-statement-systems-outage
Old Jan 29, 2017, 6:26 pm

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
Flying in the morning. I certainly hope this is taken care of soon.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 6:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by davie355
LOL readywhenyouare, before your edit I saw that comment about liberals and burst out laughing.
Wow that was quick. I had forgot to copy the link and it pasted the last thing on the clipboard lol.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by stevendorechester
It' s time the DOT start fining airlines and force them to pay EU-style compensation when things like this happen.
I'm down with this. Airline systems desperately need an IT overhaul.

The airlines should run a Netflix Prize-type contest and offer $10 million to the team of computer scientists that delivers the best solution.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 6:29 pm

Programs: DLDime & MM - Marriott LifePlat - Hertz Prez - Hyatt Dissapointedist
Link to http://news.delta.com/delta-statement-systems-outage
8:00pm EST
"Delta teams are expeditiously working to fix a systems outage that has resulted in departure delays for flights on the ground. Flights in the air remain unaffected. Delta apologizes to customers for the inconvenience."
Old Jan 29, 2017, 6:36 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, HHonors Diamond, National Executive
Some flights at LGA are slowing starting the boarding process.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 6:38 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Wow.

According to FlightAware, there are only four DL flights currently in the air having departed MSP: AMS, CDG, HND and HNL.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 6:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL 1MM Dia, AA Plat, UA 1MM Gold, HHonors LT Dia, Marriott/SPG LT Plat Prem
We have been sitting on the plane in PHX for more than 2 hours, pilot just said some systems are starting up, so he's hopeful we will take off tonight and still has not deplaned yet
Old Jan 29, 2017, 6:41 pm

Programs: Former DL Diamond, now Plat. Marriott lifetime Plat. Former AA EXP
Originally Posted by HITconsultant
Landed in LAX minutes ago, stranded on the plane since the planes at gates can't take off, and there's soon going to be many planes landing with nowhere to go.
In light of United's outage 1-2 weeks ago, I guess Delta wanted to show they too can have outages.
Update from pilot: "We are one of the lucky ones, a gate opened and we'll take it."
Old Jan 29, 2017, 6:43 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
So glad I dodged this. I flew DL earlier today SJU-ATL-DCA. I purposely picked an 8a departure to get back to DC early.

I was traveling to FRA the day of the August meltdown, so happy I didn't relive that experience.

Hopefully things get back up and running fast. Monday morning could be a mess if they can't get planes repositioned.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 6:43 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, and major hotels
They really should suppress the ads for the Amex cards at times like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.