Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Confirmed Systemwide Outage

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2017, 9:00 pm

Programs: CX DM, DL DM, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by mckerrow
Boarding apparently is done for DEN flight at JFK, but we just sit here, and the door is not closed. No announcement at all. Don't know what's next...
After sitting on the plane close to an hour, I just decided to deplane and canceled the trip. App shows the JFK-DEN flight now will depart at 11pm EST.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 9:03 pm

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
I was just finally able to log on to the Delta website and one of those surveys popped up. Oh it felt good to let em have it.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 9:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by C W
Global ticketing support got my DUS-ATL-BOG itinerary switched over to DUS-CDG-BOG on AF. Rep said she used a backup system that I assume is DLTERM. The normal phone agents with SNAPP were unable to help as their system is down.

...paging Rene
I hate being right. My inside folks warned me once all SNAPP nightmares would follow. http://renespoints.boardingarea.com/...ng-to-like-it/
Old Jan 29, 2017, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by Renes Points
I hate being right. My inside folks warned me once all SNAPP nightmares would follow. http://renespoints.boardingarea.com/...ng-to-like-it/
GTS and Res don't use SNAPP, by the way. SNAPP is only at the airport.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 9:11 pm

Programs: DL Charter DM/DM/2MM, IHG Diamond Elite
I can't wait to hear what Ed Bastian has to say tomorrow about this latest systems outage, after the last one almost exactly six months ago! I'm guessing that this is totally unrelated to what happened back then, but I wonder if this is an ACARS issue like UAL just had last week?
Old Jan 29, 2017, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by SS255
So he ended up making it to the gate as the flight was boarding, and will make it to the funeral tomorrow morning. Saved by a 2.45 hour delay. His wife is now on her way home, 5.5 hours after leaving for the 30-minute drive to LAX!
Talk about "saved by Delta's groundstop". Without this outage, he must have missed the flight. According to LA times, the protesters have been blocking traffic on both levels in front of TBIT for the last few hours. I assume it is still regarded as a peaceful protest. LAX website reports that even crews are having trouble accessing the airport, delaying some flights.

Last edited by bobbybrown; Jan 29, 2017 at 9:18 pm
Old Jan 29, 2017, 9:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by Widgets
GTS and Res don't use SNAPP, by the way. SNAPP is only at the airport.
It seems many folks are having issues at the airport tonight.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 9:22 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
self.DYKWIA: flight was originally scheduled for 19:35 departure. I can't help wondering if we're still going to get dinner service (it happened on my last unplanned westbound redeye...)
Old Jan 29, 2017, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
The last remaining ground stops (ATL and MSP) have now been lifted.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by Renes Points

SNAPP remind me of Windows Millenial Ediction!
Old Jan 29, 2017, 9:36 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by CarlosRodrigue
SNAPP remind me of Windows Millenial Ediction!
"Ugh. Do I *have* to open this file? OK, FINE :eyeroll:"
Old Jan 29, 2017, 9:40 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold
I'm scheduled out of ATL (8:10 am) tomorrow for HKG via SEA with a little over an hour for connection time. I've already proactively cancelled my hotel room in HKG. Can't wait to see what the carnage is in cancellations tomorrow. Right now there's no way to know what tomorrow will bring but I expect it will be pretty bleak.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 9:46 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Exclamation Please Remain On Topic

Topics of a political nature — whether legitimately or in jest — are not to be discussed in this thread.

Content posted by several FlyerTalk members has already been deleted.

Please allow fellow FlyerTalk members who may still be stranded or affected by the outage the courtesy to get the information they need as quickly as possible without cluttering up this discussion with extraneous information.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards,

Canarsie
Co-Moderator, Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles forum
Old Jan 29, 2017, 9:50 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
Website down again.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 9:53 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Just a quick update from the news hub..
11:45 p.m. EST: Delta flights are departing and a ground stop has been lifted as the airline’s IT systems begin to return to normal after a systems outage Sunday night resulted in departure delays and cancellations.

“I want to apologize to all of our customers who have been impacted by this frustrating situation,” said Delta CEO Ed Bastian. “This type of disruption is not acceptable to the Delta family who prides itself on reliability and customer service. I also want to thank our employees who are working tirelessly to accommodate our customers.”

Approximately 150 flights have been cancelled tonight with more expected. Not all delays and cancellations are being reflected on Delta systems, including delta.com, the Fly Delta App, airport information screens or through our Reservations agents. Some customers are experiencing delays upon landing, particularly at Delta’s hub airports.

A waiver has been issued for travel scheduled on Jan. 29 and 30, for rebooking by Feb. 3. Unaccompanied minors will not be accepted for flights through noon ET, Monday, January 30.

Updates will be provided on news.delta.com as they are available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.