Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Mistakenly booked Basic Economy (E) class - any possible way to change flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mistakenly booked Basic Economy (E) class - any possible way to change flight?

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2018, 11:26 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
It does extend it. Changing a ticket means a new ticket. I've done this numerous times, when I kept getting job location changed each day. Longest was four days.
Are you sure they didn't just void your ticket and sell you a new one?
Old May 5, 2018, 4:21 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, UA Silver
Intentionally booked my first basic economy ticket today. The $45 upcharge on a two-hour one-way regular economy ticket certainly gave me pause.

Longtime Delta PM, so I decided to roll with basic economy . If I didn't have $800 in eCerts to burn, I probably would have booked an even cheaper Spirit for the first time in many years. *yikes*
Old May 5, 2018, 8:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by ruckzac
Are you sure they didn't just void your ticket and sell you a new one?
They just used the funds from the current ticket for the new one. If new ticket cost less, got a refund of difference. If more I paid just the difference.

There was no refunding the whole ticket and charging for whole new one.
Old May 6, 2018, 10:58 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA, WP
Originally Posted by umich07
If I didn't have $800 in eCerts to burn, I probably would have booked an even cheaper Spirit for the first time in many years. *yikes*
No really, don't do this. You know how women say they forget the pain of childbirth and do it again? I haven't given birth, but I have broken bones and had painful diseases, and your memories dull over time, and I am sure your last Spirit experience was really that bad.
ijgordon likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.