Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL fully moving to T3 at LHR

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2016, 1:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
But this means that all DL connections with SkyTeam partners at LHR will be a pain.
Does anyone actually connect to ST at LHR?
Old Aug 22, 2016, 1:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It's a way to get fare class/upgrade/award inventory to AMS and CDG, for example, plus other SkyTeam hubs such as SVO.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 2:00 pm

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
Originally Posted by WWads
BOS<->LHR tends to have greater award availability in the low bucket than either BOS<->AMS or BOS<->CDG. So I've done XXX-AMS-LHR-BOS multiple times, where XXX is various European cities.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 3:50 pm

Programs: Former DL DM and UA 1k, now a J class free agent (UA Gold, AS MVP Gold)
Originally Posted by LoganFlyer
BOS<->LHR tends to have greater award availability in the low bucket than either BOS<->AMS or BOS<->CDG. So I've done XXX-AMS-LHR-BOS multiple times, where XXX is various European cities.
I prefer SEA-LHR-CDG over SEA-CDG because of schedule differences. I do not like the schedule of SEA-CDG and avoid it where possible.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 4:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL 1MM Dia, AA Plat, UA 1MM Gold, HHonors LT Dia, Marriott/SPG LT Plat Prem
This is pretty old news, the plan was originally announced in November of 2013

http://pointmetotheplane.boardingare...bhouse-moving/

Tons of griping by VA folks back then about their club getting taken over by DL scum.....
Old Aug 22, 2016, 7:55 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Ok, I'm slightly unclear on this.

I'm a FB plat. If I fly on a DL Y ticket on DL metal out of LHR, will I have access to the VS clubhouse?
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:09 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold
Yes. Have flown USA-LHR-FCO because non-stop ATL/JFK/DTW-FCO nonstops depart too early for my schedule. It was an easy connection.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:12 pm

Programs: DL DM/3MM, Lifetime DL SkyClub, BA Gold, Amex Centurion, AVIS Chairman's, Hertz Platinum
I connected from AF CDG-LHR to DL LHR-SEA earlier this year, I found the airside connections bus from T4--->T3 to be a breeze.
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:32 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by Lewis42
Ok, I'm slightly unclear on this.

I'm a FB plat. If I fly on a DL Y ticket on DL metal out of LHR, will I have access to the VS clubhouse?
No, you won't. VS is not part of SkyTeam, so the lounge reciprocity arrangements (which are more limited than SkyTeam's) apply to DL medallions, not FB elites, and D1 and Upperclass pax. For further details, go to the Clubhouse section of the T&C at the bottom of the following page:

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_...rtnership.html
Old Aug 22, 2016, 8:59 pm

Programs: DL Diamond;AA Gold; UA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Plat
Originally Posted by CarmenOM
No, you won't. VS is not part of SkyTeam, so the lounge reciprocity arrangements (which are more limited than SkyTeam's) apply to DL medallions, not FB elites, and D1 and Upperclass pax. For further details, go to the Clubhouse section of the T&C at the bottom of the following page:

This among other reasons is why DL needs to build a SkyClub at LHR. We have had similar issues when traveling with kids (which is at least twice a year) from LHR. My wife is Gold and we're been turned away from VS Club all but once. UA and AA both have lounges (as does AC) at LHR. The No.1 club is fine but it also not the same. Note that at other hubs SC members get full access to KLM and AF lounges at AMS and CDG, respectively as if they would from any SC. If VS isn't going to honor that relationship then DL needs to open its own clubroom to keep up with AA and UA. While I don't find the VS Clubhouse to be as amazing as others do, I will agree that its a full notch above the standard international lounge and can understand why economically VS isn't interested in having SC members and GMs (and their families) trace through the lounge on highly discounted Y tickets. But with eleven flights a day and nearly 2500 seats on their own metal, LHR is now DL's 4th largest international station--and probably soon to be #3. Time for DL to step up and offer a full lounge with full the privileges DL elites get elsewhere.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 8:44 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CarmenOM

No mention of FB Plat or ST E+ down there. From the last time I was flying on DL out of T3 my investigations showed that a FB Plat should have access to the ClubHouse while a FB Gold to the No1.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
This is great news since I fly DTW/LHR once a year. The VS clubhouse is a lot better than the Skyteam lounge in T4 and I like the arrivals lounge at t-3. It's nice being able to just sleep in flight and skip breakfast and go to the arrivals lounge at T-3 to take a shower and get a hot breakfast.

Seems like it will be a good move financially for Delta as well. They will only have to pay to staff one terminal. And if there is an IROPs situation and they need to reroute people it will be a lot easier having all flights going out of one location.

Last edited by jamesteroh; Aug 23, 2016 at 9:21 am
Old Aug 23, 2016, 9:18 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Yes, I found the skyteam lounge to be pretty underwhelming. The good thing about T4 IMO is the observation tower.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 10:42 am
Marriott 5+ Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond, Bonvoy something good; sometimes other things too
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
DL and VS are getting close. I hope they continue to get along.

Now, about using GUCs or miles to upgrade on VS (and VA) flights.......
You already can use GUCs to upgrade on VS flights, even directly from economy to Upper Class, skipping over PE.

Nothing on VA yet, but VS and VA have very little relation to one another, and Delta owns a much smaller share of VA than they do of VS, so it is not surprising that the situation there is different.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 10:49 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Just did it a couple of weeks ago. I was thankful to be able to do all of that at T4, but honestly T4 is a pain to deal with for O/D unless you happen to be going somewhere off of the Piccadilly line.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.