FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   DL fully moving to T3 at LHR (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1786198-dl-fully-moving-t3-lhr.html)

UKtravelbear Aug 22, 2016 6:23 am

DL to fully move from T4 to T3 at LHR - Sept 2016

from Business Traveller

Will happen on 14th September 2016

rylan Aug 22, 2016 6:26 am

Hopefully this doesn't negatively impact access to the Virgin Clubhouse with the additional pax.

SlimpyJones Aug 22, 2016 6:30 am

Well that's one of my requirements for flying DL sorted - now they just need to get their proper PE product sorted and I'll be far more open to flying them!

scongro Aug 22, 2016 8:31 am

DL fully moving to T3 at LHR

Delta Air Lines will operate exclusively from London Heathrow Airport’s Terminal 3, effective Sept. 14, 2016. Delta and Virgin Atlantic will now operate from the same terminal, making it easier for customers to manage their travel plans including any last-minute flight changes.

Delta will transfer its Atlanta, Detroit, Minneapolis, Salt Lake City and Philadelphia flights from Terminal 4 to join its services to New York-JFK, Boston and Seattle that already operate from Terminal 3.

http://news.delta.com/delta-and-virg...row-terminal-3

pvn Aug 22, 2016 9:21 am

That's interesting, I am assuming the rest of SkyTeam is going to continue operating out of T4? That shouldn't be a huge issue in and of itself, as I doubt there are a large number of SkyTeam connections at LHR.

Are they going to share the clubhouse or will DL build its own lounge?

CarmenOM Aug 22, 2016 10:08 am

Originally Posted by pvn (Post 27101587)
That's interesting, I am assuming the rest of SkyTeam is going to continue operating out of T4? That shouldn't be a huge issue in and of itself, as I doubt there are a large number of SkyTeam connections at LHR.

Currently only PM and DM can use the Clubhouse. GM can use the No1 Traveler lounge in T3.

MSPeconomist Aug 22, 2016 10:15 am

DL and VS are getting close. I hope they continue to get along.

Now, about using GUCs or miles to upgrade on VS (and VA) flights.......

rylan Aug 22, 2016 10:18 am

Originally Posted by pvn (Post 27101587)

I sure hope that DL won't build their own lounge. The clubhouse is better than any lounge DL would ever come up with.

DA201 Aug 22, 2016 11:49 am

About time all DL LHR-USA flight were out of the same terminal.

Lewis42 Aug 22, 2016 11:51 am

VS Just join Skyteam already...!

KDCAflyer Aug 22, 2016 11:54 am

Originally Posted by Lewis42 (Post 27102515)
VS Just join Skyteam already...!

I don't think AF/KL would agree to that. VS competes with them on several Africa and Asia routes. They already won't allow DL to market onward connections from LHR on VS.

us2 Aug 22, 2016 11:58 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 27101918)
DL and VS are getting close. I hope they continue to get along.

Now, about using GUCs or miles to upgrade on VS (and VA) flights.......

They should continue to get along for no other reason that Delta owns 49% of VS and holds 3 seats on their board...

MSPeconomist Aug 22, 2016 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by DA201 (Post 27102505)
About time all DL LHR-USA flight were out of the same terminal.

But this means that all DL connections with SkyTeam partners at LHR will be a pain.

Agremeister Aug 22, 2016 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by CarmenOM (Post 27101870)
Currently only PM and DM can use the Clubhouse. GM can use the No1 Traveler lounge in T3.

Not sure I'm a fan of this as it means us ST-but-not-Delta-Elites won't be able to use the SkyTeam lounge at LHR. Do you know if the No1 traveler lounge is only for GM or for all ST E+?

MSPeconomist Aug 22, 2016 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by Agremeister (Post 27102812)
Not sure I'm a fan of this as it means us ST-but-not-Delta-Elites won't be able to use the SkyTeam lounge at LHR. Do you know if the No1 traveler lounge is only for GM or for all ST E+?

Good point, although officially by DL's rules for other airports, even DL elites not flying D1 wouldn't get LHR lounge access as both VS and No1 Traveller are third party lounges.