Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2018, 9:10 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Gig103
I need a ruling if this is a valid complaint or random/pathetic. Flying ATL-PHX today, our flight had a few delays, but the gripe I have is that DL stopped providing updates. It was scheduled to board at 4:00, which then changed to 4:17 - no big deal. What bugged me was that I arrived at the gate on time for boarding, but nobody had moved; we didn't end up boarding until 4:40 but there were no updates on the digital sign, in the app, or by the gate agent. I finally received an app notification of an updated departure time after I had boarded.
My gripe is the opposite . . . . When you're hangin' out in the SkyClub, and the app doesn't notify you of boarding, and, you mozie up to the gate thinking you have plenty of time, and you find that the plane is almost FULLY BOARDED!

Originally Posted by defrosted
Flight attendant forgot to give me one of the little red stir sticks now I can't stir my drink.
Now, THAT'S a legitimate gripe!
defrosted likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Gig103
I need a ruling if this is a valid complaint or random/pathetic. Flying ATL-PHX today, our flight had a few delays, but the gripe I have is that DL stopped providing updates. It was scheduled to board at 4:00, which then changed to 4:17 - no big deal. What bugged me was that I arrived at the gate on time for boarding, but nobody had moved; we didn't end up boarding until 4:40 but there were no updates on the digital sign, in the app, or by the gate agent. I finally received an app notification of an updated departure time after I had boarded.
This seems to happen every time my flight is delayed, even when it's very clearly delayed because the inbound isn't even there at T-5 or something. I get that DL doesn't want to post delays if there's still a chance they can hustle and get the flight out on time, but the after-the-fact updates are legitimately annoying.
strickerj likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 11:56 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Originally Posted by davetravels
My gripe is the opposite . . . . When you're hangin' out in the SkyClub, and the app doesn't notify you of boarding, and, you mozie up to the gate thinking you have plenty of time, and you find that the plane is almost FULLY BOARDED!
that's... the dream, isn't it?
TheHorta likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 1:00 pm

Programs: Bellevue Lifetime Premiere Mega Elite Supreme
I’ve noticed on the vast majority of flights the FAs are no longer telling F pax to put their seats upright during Takeoff and Landing. I’ve seen it happen (i.e. FA tells pax to put their seat upright) once in my last 20 flights when there were visibly a number of reclined seats.

This very moment, on DL1343, there are clearly four F pax with seats fully reclined as we’re taxiing.

To be clear, the FAs make the announcement, they just don’t instruct the pax to place their seat upright while doing their final walkthroughs.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 5:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by TheHorta
I’ve noticed on the vast majority of flights the FAs are no longer telling F pax to put their seats upright during Takeoff and Landing. I’ve seen it happen (i.e. FA tells pax to put their seat upright) once in my last 20 flights when there were visibly a number of reclined seats.

This very moment, on DL1343, there are clearly four F pax with seats fully reclined as we’re taxiing.

To be clear, the FAs make the announcement, they just don’t instruct the pax to place their seat upright while doing their final walkthroughs.
Once I pointed this out to a FA as the recline of the aisle seat in front of me (I had the window on that flight) would have made it harder/slower for me to evacuate in an emergency and I was told that it's OK if the seat isn't reclined as far as possible.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 5:49 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Flight attendant forgot to give me one of the little red stir sticks now I can't stir my drink.
Did you ring your call button and ask for one of the little red stir thingies? Alternatively, did you consider using your finger and licking it afterward?
TheHorta likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Once I pointed this out to a FA as the recline of the aisle seat in front of me (I had the window on that flight) would have made it harder/slower for me to evacuate in an emergency and I was told that it's OK if the seat isn't reclined as far as possible.
I’ve experienced my fair share of FA “reasoning” on various issues. I’d wager that many simply don’t view it as a serious infraction to ask individual F pax to put their seat up.

I’m OK with whatever they want to do, but they do say “in it’s full upright position” which seems pretty clear. It’s really the rampant inconsistency on these things.
strickerj likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 7:17 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I actually don't like the stir sticks. I think they get in my way.
strickerj likes this.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by MarkP24
I actually don't like the stir sticks. I think they get in my way.
I never even knew they were for stirring. I thought they were just there to poke you in the eye.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 8:16 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Thumbs up

I never even knew they were for stirring. I thought they were just there to poke you in the eye.
Or to annoy you while trying to drink your drink
MSPeconomist and TheHorta like this.
Old Nov 17, 2018, 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by MarkP24
Or to annoy you while trying to drink your drink
Or to shoot micro-spitballs at unsuspecting pax.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 6:43 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Did you ring your call button and ask for one of the little red stir thingies?
I don't think I have ever used that button. I would hardly think this situation called for my inaugural use of it.

Alternatively, did you consider using your finger and licking it afterward?
What, and end up in the photographic evidence of disgusting acts by passengers thread? I think not.
strickerj and TheHorta like this.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, BA Executive Blue, IHG Platinum Elite,Kimpton.

Flew Aer Lingus recently who are very strict on this and make multiple cabin walks to ensure seats are in upright position. They also very strict on window blinds not being closed for take off and landing, which I don't think US airlines mind?

Also noticed that despite clear flying conditions, up front US airlines seem slow to turn of fasten seat belt signs after take off in comparison to the UK and Ireland.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by OPENROAD
Flew Aer Lingus recently who are very strict on this and make multiple cabin walks to ensure seats are in upright position. They also very strict on window blinds not being closed for take off and landing, which I don't think US airlines mind?

Also noticed that despite clear flying conditions, up front US airlines seem slow to turn of fasten seat belt signs after take off in comparison to the UK and Ireland.
There's no US rule requiring window shades to be up. As for the light, US airlines are more liability concerned. Better on than off.

I commented in other thread where poster noted the seat issue. Lately I've notice DL F seats not staying in position. Even during taxi, the seat reclines without pushing the release. FA have told me they've received recent complaints also.
Old Nov 18, 2018, 4:31 pm

Today at MSP pre check and clear were fine except for the couple just ahead of me who were too busy with P D A s to empty pockets etc. everyone had to wait for them.

ADDED: I don't mean personal digital assistants. They needed to get a room.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Nov 18, 2018 at 7:06 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.