Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hall of Rants: Whats the Most Random and Pathetic Thing You Can Complain About?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2022, 7:32 pm

Programs: Proud ParkingSpot Spot Club Member
No idea if this is petty enough, but I absolutely LOATHE the fact everything in MSP shuts down at 8PM. I always land for my connection at 8:10 or some BS and just want something warm to eat after my long day of work since it usually midnight before I land back in GRR.

But on the topic of unrealistic gripes: GRR not getting a Skyclub with the A concourse extension is a travesty. Milwaukee gets a Skyclub but we don't? Doesn't Delta know I want one? That should be reason enough to have one built ASAP.
beachmouse, findark and strickerj like this.

Last edited by JSUSoutherner; Feb 15, 2022 at 8:06 pm
Old Feb 15, 2022, 10:23 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by JSUSoutherner

But on the topic of unrealistic gripes: GRR not getting a Skyclub with the A concourse extension is a travesty. Milwaukee gets a Skyclub but we don't? Doesn't Delta know I want one? That should be reason enough to have one built ASAP.
If they claim they don't have the space in the plans, they could cobble together something for the regulars by delivering beer from the obligatory craft beer and grub place to those odd little Herman Miller/ Steelcase product placement workspace rooms scattered around the airport .
Old Feb 16, 2022, 5:05 am

Originally Posted by beachmouse
If they claim they don't have the space in the plans, they could cobble together something for the regulars by delivering beer from the obligatory craft beer and grub place to those odd little Herman Miller/ Steelcase product placement workspace rooms scattered around the airport .
Yeah but that would require Founders to be open again. And it hasn't been in a long while. At least not when I've been there (Granted I'm usually on First-out or last-in flights to GRR) .

Truthfully, even if we did get a Skyclub I wouldn't use it because I have things down to a science and can get from my bed to behind TSA for my flight in 17-19 minutes and I ain't leaving my bed early for the Skyclub lol
Old Feb 16, 2022, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Gold, WN, Global Entry; +others wherever miles/points are found
No idea if this is petty enough, but I absolutely LOATHE the fact everything in MSP shuts down at 8PM. I always land for my connection at 8:10 or some BS and just want something warm to eat after my long day of work since it usually midnight before I land back in GRR.
Recently, TSA has shut down at 8pm as well. Made the mistake of trying to clear security after then once, and it took nearly 30 minutes as they had one line for literally the entire airport (T1).

My actual rant though is that the DL check-in kiosks' response time is awful. I have to dramatically slow my typing of my SM number or it drops 2/3 of my presses.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 12:08 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott/Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by findark
Recently, TSA has shut down at 8pm as well. Made the mistake of trying to clear security after then once, and it took nearly 30 minutes as they had one line for literally the entire airport (T1).

My actual rant though is that the DL check-in kiosks' response time is awful. I have to dramatically slow my typing of my SM number or it drops 2/3 of my presses.
The skyway checkpoint being open for a few random hours a day even before the pandemic was what I found terrible. Loved being able to drop my car and go through the skyway checkpoint.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
the ones at SEA and DCA have been like that for years ... my most common problem has been that the repeated digit often doesn't register, so the system only sees nine digits rather than 10
Old Feb 16, 2022, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by DLASflyer
Since the “Least Substantive Complaints” thread is closed, the below gem inspired me to create a new one. Delta apparently cannot muster a Sky Priority sign at my home station so the Unifi team managed to borrow one from Sun Country and modify it using a printout from Delta.com and two Sky Priority luggage tags. No word what will happen when Sun Country needs its sign back when summer seasonal flights resume. Keep Climbing.

What airport? I know I've seen this sign. Its driving me nuts not remembering which airport.

ETA - BOZEMAN ??

Last edited by flyerCO; Feb 16, 2022 at 3:30 pm
Old Feb 16, 2022, 4:28 pm

I never use a kiosk unless I absolutely have to. I have to stand in line to drop my bag at the attendant stand and show my ID anyway. May as well let them print my tags and put them on. I check in online before I get to the airport. The kiosks are as good as useless IMO.
kochleffel likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
What airport? I know I've seen this sign. Its driving me nuts not remembering which airport.

ETA - BOZEMAN ??
Idk. I'm currently sitting on the tarmac in GRR bound for Bozeman. If I see it there when I land I'll let you know.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I never use a kiosk unless I absolutely have to. I have to stand in line to drop my bag at the attendant stand and show my ID anyway. May as well let them print my tags and put them on. I check in online before I get to the airport. The kiosks are as good as useless IMO.
Goodluck @ SLC. They force you to print tags, bring to agent. even if you selected right number/paid for in app or online.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 4:36 pm

Programs: DL, UA, AA
That has been my experience as well.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 4:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

Even before COVID-19, the elite/PreCheck checkpoints on the north and south ends of MSP T1 closed fairly early, and the sole access point was in the middle with no special treatment for anyone. There aren't a lot of late flight departures. Still, if you need to go airside in the evening, it's very annoying. (IIRC the latest attempt I recall was arriving early in the evening, discovering that my bag wasn't on the flight but would be on the next arrival (from ATL?), and telling the baggage check people that I would be willing to wait for it if I could do so in the SC rather than having the bag delivered by DL sometime the next day. When I tried to go airside again, I discovered that only one checkpoint with a single lane was open.) If flights are scheduled to depart, TSA must make it possible to clear airport security.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 4:45 pm

Goodluck @ SLC. They force you to print tags, bring to agent. even if you selected right number/paid for in app or online.
I had to do it in ATL last time I was there but that was the weekend before Thanksgiving and the only time I had to do it in all my trips to ATL last year. Waste of my time waiting for a kiosk that no one seems to understand how to use. All to what? Save the attendant from the 10 seconds it takes to print my bag tag?
Old Feb 16, 2022, 4:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
AFAIK you need to use the kiosk to get DL to verify your passport. Agents apparently can't do it, although of course they can check your travel documents, including the passport, for a current international trip.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 4:51 pm

Programs: Delta DM for now

ETA - BOZEMAN ??
I think this is JAC, but it's been a couple of years since I've been there myself.
DLASflyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.