Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lifetime Miles Totals

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2016, 4:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by bmoeller1
Hey everybody. I'm not sure of the rules, but may a Diamond still gift Gold status to a flyer. What about when they are a million miler, can they permanently gift Gold status? Thanks!
A DM can gift 1 year worth of GM status to someone as one of their annual Choice Benefits (must be re-earned every year).

When someone reaches 1MM, they themselves receive complimentary FO (Silver) status from DL every year. This cannot, AFAIK, be gifted to anyone else.

If they want to gift someone else GM again, they must still meet all the annual requirements to be DM again, and can again select the GM gift as one of their annual Choice Benefits for that year.

Essentially, the ability for DMs to gift GM and the annual FO status received for 1MM are relatively unrelated. In theory, one could achieve 1MM without ever being DM and thus never being able to gift GM.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 6:19 pm

Makes sense, thanks. I would be interested in purchasing Gold, is there a black market ha, ha!?

Originally Posted by gooselee
A DM can gift 1 year worth of GM status to someone as one of their annual Choice Benefits (must be re-earned every year).

When someone reaches 1MM, they themselves receive complimentary FO (Silver) status from DL every year. This cannot, AFAIK, be gifted to anyone else.

If they want to gift someone else GM again, they must still meet all the annual requirements to be DM again, and can again select the GM gift as one of their annual Choice Benefits for that year.

Essentially, the ability for DMs to gift GM and the annual FO status received for 1MM are relatively unrelated. In theory, one could achieve 1MM without ever being DM and thus never being able to gift GM.
Old Jul 12, 2016, 11:44 am

UPDATE: we have a date!!

Dear Mr. ConcordeBoy,

Thank you for your email to Delta Air Lines regarding your Million Miler
Miles balance on our website.

We apologize for the difficulty you have experienced locating your
account information. We recognize that this information should be
readily available and we regret that such is not the case at this time.

Your current Million Miler Balance is 789,485.

I have contacted our Online Support Supervisor Desk and have been
informed that there is currently some maintenance on the SkyMiles
account programming, and those balances will be reinstated on July 21, 2016.

We genuinely appreciate your support and trust.

Sincerely,

Gilroy Mendes
Online Customer Support Desk
http://www.delta.com
Old Jul 21, 2016, 9:18 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
those balances will be reinstated on July 21, 2016
and indeed, it's back! At least for me.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Caesars Diamond, K Fund
Mine is also back. Had to click on the Million Miler Qualification button to show it.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 9:42 am

Mine is back too.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 9:58 am

Mine is back as well.

Have to actively click the "show Million Miler qualification" link to see it, but it pops up instantly when you do.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by DCFinanceinFlight
Mine is also back. Had to click on the Million Miler Qualification button to show it.
Same here.

And at least for me, it is also the correct number (based on MQMs earned since it disappeared).
Old Jul 21, 2016, 10:46 am

Programs: DL PM
Mine is back now too (also have to click the link/button to see it). Looks like they really did finally fix it!
Old Jul 21, 2016, 10:55 am

Programs: delta dm
The comedy of delta IT... MM balance doesnt just show up you actually have to click MM balance. Good grief.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 11:11 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
Originally Posted by DCFinanceinFlight
Same here. The site is buggy as heck right now. It took a while to get My Wallet or My Skymiles to load and pieces are missing. ie: certs, etc
Old Jul 21, 2016, 11:15 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by DCAproducer
Same here. The site is buggy as heck right now. It took a while to get My Wallet or My Skymiles to load and pieces are missing. ie: certs, etc
My certs are working... But my receipts have been missing for weeks!
Old Jul 22, 2016, 10:32 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
My balance is still not showing
Old Oct 5, 2016, 1:34 pm

Programs: DL DM MM Marriott Plat Hertz PC
Kinda off topic but to me an interesting event. I was able to see I was approaching the MM mark sitting at 970,000 last week. Cleaned my home office out and came across a very old delta mileage card...last used in 1996 as I switched to NW since my travel switched to PDX-MSP almost exclusively. With the merge my NW number changed slightly. Since I'd found the old card and never merged the accounts I called DL and asked if they could. The DL rep said he'd do his best.
Boom....a day later I receive the "congrats you've hit 1million blah blah. Already ordered my gift. So excited....but won't receive the in air announcement that someone on this flight is a MM....although not sure if that's a myth or it might be kinda embarrassing. Dunno��
Old Oct 9, 2016, 4:21 pm

Location: formerly Gold now Diamond, formerly MSY, now LAX, formerly NW, now DL
Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Delta Diamond/1MM
Welcome to the club! That's cool they were able to merge the account. I didn't get anything as I crossed MM point on KLM, even though I tweeted and FB'd the KLM accounts about my excitement for it all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.