Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qater/DL Atlanta A380 Premiere

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2016, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me. Qatar could be on fire but a DL jet may have a hyperventilating passenger at the gate and claim they had first priority.
Forget about ATL and Atlanta Fire Rescue for a second.

Enlighten us how a 30 member crew are going to help evacuate 500 including 100 old and frail at a offsite where there is no Fire Rescue nearby.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 8:55 pm

Programs: DL DM & 5MM, WN
The airport sems like it has pretty good paper from the above photocopy.
Old Jun 6, 2016, 9:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by PRWeezer
Apologies if this has been linked, I scrolled through the posts and didn't see this link to a letter I saw via a post on airliners.net. A blogger has posted a screen shot of the letter the interim GM of ATL sent to Qatar about the issue on 5/31. Options were given for them to use E1/E3 at different arrival/departure times for their first flight.
Well that seems to settle it. QR acted as if ATL were DOH and that they could call the shots. I have to say that the press release trying to force ATL's hand was bush league and they got what they deserved.

Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
I'm just saying it wouldn't surprise me. Qatar could be on fire but a DL jet may have a hyperventilating passenger at the gate and claim they had first priority.
Good God. Do you ever listen to yourself?
Old Jun 6, 2016, 9:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by pbarnette
Good God. Do you ever listen to yourself?
You must have an alert setup to notify you when I post. I'm glad my presence here is held in such high regard.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 5:57 am

There are rumors that QR ground handler at ATL don't even have a A380 rated tug.

What was the plan? Complain that DL didn't lend the tug!!!
Old Jun 7, 2016, 6:09 am

Programs: DL FO 1MM
Originally Posted by avcritic
What was the plan? Complain that DL didn't lend the tug!!!
Yet another example of Delta acting like petulant children

()

Last edited by angra; Jun 7, 2016 at 8:10 am
Old Jun 7, 2016, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by angra
Yet another example of Delta acting like petulant children
Oh please.

DL is a customer of ATL just like QR. Only 1000x bigger. DL has no role or responsibility to make QR stay a pleasurable one.

DL probably creates 200,000 jobs and brings $20 Billion/year to Atlanta MSA.

The whopping 50 jobs created by QR are irrelevant. Chicago Mayor's filing with USDOT clearly states ME carriers won't create more than 50 jobs per flight.

I think its about time DL legal have a chat with the blogger who fed this false story to CNN.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 11:35 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Oh QR. You were so excited to bring the ME3 to ATL. You threw a ton of shade in the media, and sent the A380 to christen the event but forgot that the one off A380 was different from the regularly scheduled 777.

FACE --> PALM!
Old Jun 7, 2016, 12:29 pm
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card
It's amazing how many people in this thread think the fact that delta routinely changes gates for a particular flight is relevant here. When delta changes a gate for a flight it's not like the old gate doesn't get used. Accomodating the QR flight here would have required TWO gates, which delta would have no way of replacing, and would require them for multiple hours. It's not even close to the same thing.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 12:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by pvn
It's amazing how many people in this thread think the fact that delta routinely changes gates for a particular flight is relevant here. When delta changes a gate for a flight it's not like the old gate doesn't get used. Accomodating the QR flight here would have required TWO gates, which delta would have no way of replacing, and would require them for multiple hours. It's not even close to the same thing.
There is a contingency here that thinks DL can do no right. Notice that they have managed to slink away now that the letter from ATL shows QR to have been in the wrong on this.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 2:12 pm
Suspended

Oh please.

DL is a customer of ATL just like QR. Only 1000x bigger. DL has no role or responsibility to make QR stay a pleasurable one.

DL probably creates 200,000 jobs and brings $20 Billion/year to Atlanta MSA.

The whopping 50 jobs created by QR are irrelevant. Chicago Mayor's filing with USDOT clearly states ME carriers won't create more than 50 jobs per flight.

I think its about time DL legal have a chat with the blogger who fed this false story to CNN.
That has nothing to do with this story. At all.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 4:56 pm

Originally Posted by airplanegod
That has nothing to do with this story. At all.
Let me rephrase it for you, DL has nothing to do with this story. At all.

Some blogger made this a DL issue and Confused News Network ran the story with a catchy headline, and everyone jumped on the bandwagon.

Unfortunately any action by DL will attract more negative publicity.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 6:13 pm

Programs: DL FO 1MM
Let me rephrase it for you, DL has nothing to do with this story. At all.

Some blogger made this a DL issue and Confused News Network ran the story with a catchy headline, and everyone jumped on the bandwagon.

Unfortunately any action by DL will attract more negative publicity.
Who was the original source? It looked to me as though CNN wrote the article directly, adding their own zazz and innuendo directly from thin air or Al Baker.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 7:27 am

Programs: AA, UA
Almost all my flights from South Asia and Indian continent have been to remote stands in DOH. In some cases, there were old pax (not disabled) who could have used the jet bridge walking down the stairs. I do not know why Qatar is making a big scene of this incident in ATL while back home they do it on certain routes almost always.

Ethically, what DL did might not be right. But hey, why would DL go out of its way to help someone who flew to ATL to "rub it in DL's wounds"
Old Jun 8, 2016, 7:39 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta SkySponge ExtraAbsorbent, SPG Gold
As long as the weather is nice I wouldn't mind using stairs. These days even CRJ's and ERJ's use jetways and that kind of takes away the fun from flying the 50 seat jets. I think the last time I got to boad an rj using stairs was a few years ago on a CRJ-700 from SAN-LAX from the commuter terminal. But I think DL has moved those flights to the main terminal now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.