Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta to change 1st/C+ upgrades for two based on highest medallion level

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta to change 1st/C+ upgrades for two based on highest medallion level

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2016, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by appleguru
I have had no problem getting a companion listed for an F upgrade while they are on a separate PNR/coming from different cities.

Only requirement is that they have a SM number and are traveling with you on the flight you want to get them listed for.
But they still clear at a different/lower priority than you, right? IME that's how UG requests on separate PNRs have always been handled.

If someone wants their companion to clear at their own, higher priority, I think the new policy states it must be same PNR.
Old Sep 27, 2016, 8:48 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by gooselee
But they still clear at a different/lower priority than you, right? IME that's how UG requests on separate PNRs have always been handled.

If someone wants their companion to clear at their own, higher priority, I think the new policy states it must be same PNR.
Yes, correct.

Old/current way: same PNR, medallion member gets pulled down to companion's priority. Separate PNR, medallion at normal location, companion at bottom of list (wherever they get to on their own)

New way (presumably): same PNR, both hey pulled up to medallion'a priority. Split PNR: TBD, but likely the same as before (you stay where you are, they're bottom of the list)
Old Sep 27, 2016, 8:07 pm

Programs: Status? What's status?
Originally Posted by WesTraveller
Does anyone know whether Delta has set an effective date for the upgrade priority change?

Delta in the past has been pretty good about providing an exact date of a change, but in this case, they have been pretty vague.
I'd like an update with an exact date, too. I have a reservation in November with my wife, I'd definitely consider that to be "this fall". I'm PM and she has no status, but would be nice to get Comfort+.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 6:25 am

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by lmsalman
I'd like an update with an exact date, too. I have a reservation in November with my wife, I'd definitely consider that to be "this fall". I'm PM and she has no status, but would be nice to get Comfort+.
I called the other day about something else but asked about this and the response was still "this Fall".
Old Sep 28, 2016, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by miraclebear2003
I called the other day about something else but asked about this and the response was still "this Fall".
So Dec 20th??? Cmon delta....
Old Sep 28, 2016, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
So what about award tix? If on same PNR can we get c+? FC?
Old Sep 28, 2016, 11:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by AKC6
According to Hibbing this morning, UG's to C+ only will clear based on the higher status--still no date yet.

FC UG's will continue to clear based on the lower status.

If this is true, companions won't be taking elite unlimited complimentary UG's.
Good. We can only hope that this is true.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 11:16 am

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by mnredfox
They may be reconsidering the policy. Not every elite agrees with it.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 11:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by mnredfox
January 1 would be better. The later this is implemented the better IMO, hopefully never.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by AKC6
According to Hibbing this morning, UG's to C+ only will clear based on the higher status--still no date yet.

FC UG's will continue to clear based on the lower status.

If this is true, companions won't be taking elite unlimited complimentary UG's.
Awesome. As it should be.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 11:30 am

Programs: Delta Plat Kool-Aid Drinker, Hyatt Diamond, SPG GM, Marriott GM, Hilton GM, and Priority Club GM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Good. We can only hope that this is true.
Sure easy to tell who is and isn't single in this thread!
Old Sep 28, 2016, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by MSPDeltaDude
Sure easy to tell who is and isn't single in this thread!
Not really. I have a wife and son and the policy change was bad and delta knows it. I always pay one way or another for a companion to fly up front if we want to be sure to sit together. I have talked with my contact alot about this at delta.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 11:38 am

Programs: Delta Plat Kool-Aid Drinker, Hyatt Diamond, SPG GM, Marriott GM, Hilton GM, and Priority Club GM
Originally Posted by dzflyer
Not really. I have a wife and son and the policy change was bad and delta knows it. I always pay one way or another for a companion to fly up front if we want to be sure to sit together. I have talked with my contact alot about this at delta.
Well if you ALWAYS pay to sit up front why would the policy concern you even ?
Old Sep 28, 2016, 11:44 am

Originally Posted by MSPDeltaDude
Well if you ALWAYS pay to sit up front why would the policy concern you even ?
I said I always pay if I want to be sure to sit together not that I always pay every time. There is a difference. Delta has recognized the bad policy.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 11:45 am

Where have they "recognized" this ? Just your contact telling you this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.