Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: michab
The following website seems to allow you to preview the menu options ahead of time: http://cloud.o.delta.com/fltInfo

The Delta App lets you pre-select meals 7 days prior to departure. You may or may not receive an email around the same time (it's inconsistent whether you even receive an email). On the "MY TRIPS" tab, any eligible trip in the list will have a SELECT YOUR ENTREE button; this also appears if you tap on a trip and are viewing the individual trip details. The app is able to handle selections for multiple passengers traveling on the same record (i.e. you will be able to make selections on behalf of traveling companions)

Sample screenshot:

PRE-COVID: If you don't get the email, or only one of multiple passengers receives the email*, you can ask a phone or Twitter/FB agent for the choices, and they can make your selection up until T-24h (not all agents are sharp about this, so you may need to explain that you want to pre-order a regular meal, *not* one of the special vegetarian/Kosher meals etc. HUCA as needed) Nowadays it is unclear if agents can even still do this (or if just the average phone/chat agent does not know how to do so anymore)

*If this happens, double check that you have an email address (for each passenger) in the reservation. (But this can happen at random anyway even if you do have an email address listed.)

Print Wikipost

Pre-ordering Meals on Delta, the Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2019, 4:26 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Delta Amex Plat,
Originally Posted by jabez
Just got :
CRAB CAKES AND AUTUMN CITRUS SALAD with broccolini and lemon butter sauce
PAN FRIED CHICKEN WITH LEMON CAPER PICCATA SAUCE served with haricots verts and fresh ricotta tortelloni
FOUR CHEESE CARAMELLE PASTA* with smoked fontina cream, wild mushrooms and roasted tomatoes
BALSAMIC CIPOLLINI GLAZED BEEF TENDERLOIN with sauteed spinach and parmesan chive mashed potatoes
ATL to ZRH
Wife chose Crag Cakes & I'm doing Tenderloin
I had the tenderloin on a recent ICN-ATL flight. Aside from being slightly more cooked than I usually would order, it wasn't bad at all.
Old Sep 8, 2019, 10:06 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CMK10
Have a ticket booked for Monday with me, my girlfriend and her daughter on one reservation. I got an email today about pre-ordering but it's only letting me and not the other two companions who are on our reservation select their choices. This is annoying.
Originally Posted by MCO Flyer

Do they have a SkyMiles #? If so, it should go to the e-mail listed in their account.
Originally Posted by AeRoSpaceman
This is the exact thing I was asking about a few posts up. It seems like even if the other users have their skymiles account and email address or even just their email address as a non skymiles account member only the main person on the PNR receives the email for their pre-order only... SMH...
So this is what happened. My girlfriend who has a SM got the pre-order email sent to her. Her 7 year old who doesn't have a SM account (this was an award ticket so no point) did not get an email.
AeRoSpaceman likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:03 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Remind me what one does when the email has not been generated as expected.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:18 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Xeno
Remind me what one does when the email has not been generated as expected.
Ask a phone or social media agent for the menu. They can take your selection too, up until T-24h.

EDIT: created a wiki post.

Last edited by Zorak; Sep 24, 2019 at 9:24 am
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:44 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Thanks. FB PM worked!
Zorak likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 9:48 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
Recently I had a 14 + hour rolling delay out of LAS. Over the course of the delay I was protected on 5 different connecting flights (5th being the charm to actually get where I was going). Somewhere in all the messing with my reservation an agent ended up deleting my return. The only reason I realized something might be amiss was the fact that I had not received the pre-order email (which until the deleted return flight I'd never missed an email). So, another reason to like the pre-orders.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 6:17 am

This is cool. Got my email yesterday 11pm for a departure 9/27 4pm.

Has anyone tried the crab cakes yet?
Old Sep 25, 2019, 6:36 am

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by zitsky
This is cool. Got my email yesterday 11pm for a departure 9/27 4pm.

Has anyone tried the crab cakes yet?
There are almost 20 reports scattered across this thread and the in-flight dining thread including, you asked this in July:

Was going to ask how they were but I think this for a flight this Friday?
There are one or two negative reports as outliers but the consensus is overwhelmingly positive.
cmx likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by Zorak
There are almost 20 reports scattered across this thread and the in-flight dining thread including, you asked this in July:

There are one or two negative reports as outliers but the consensus is overwhelmingly positive.
Well I have browsed this thread but didn't see those reports. I just think it's cool to offer this service.

Wow! There's a search feature on this website? Neato!

Here are my choices from JFK-VCE. 9/27/19

FOUR CHEESE CARAMELLE PASTA*

with smoked fontina cream, wild mushrooms and roasted tomatoes

*vegetarian selection

BALSAMIC CIPOLLINI GLAZED BEEF TENDERLOIN

with sauteed spinach and parmesan chive mashed potatoes

CRAB CAKES AND AUTUMN CITRUS SALAD

with broccolini and lemon butter sauce

PAN FRIED CHICKEN WITH LEMON CAPER PICCATA SAUCE

served with haricots verts and fresh ricotta tortelloni

Last edited by zitsky; Sep 25, 2019 at 9:04 am
Old Sep 25, 2019, 11:04 am

Well I have browsed this thread but didn't see those reports. I just think it's cool to offer this service.

Wow! There's a search feature on this website? Neato!

Here are my choices from JFK-VCE. 9/27/19
The search feature mostly sucks but for certain specific use cases it's vaguely usable. As with FF programs you have to figure out how to work it (metaphor! or simile I guess)

Of those choices I'd definitely go with the crab cakes personally, unless in a mood for pasta.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 12:07 pm

The search feature mostly sucks but for certain specific use cases it's vaguely usable. As with FF programs you have to figure out how to work it (metaphor! or simile I guess)

Of those choices I'd definitely go with the crab cakes personally, unless in a mood for pasta.
Now I have to decide which cheap white wine to go with the crab cakes. Would be nice with a Pinot Noir (goes with seafood). My research says that is not likely.
Old Sep 28, 2019, 5:58 am

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by jabez
Just got :
CRAB CAKES AND AUTUMN CITRUS SALAD with broccolini and lemon butter sauce
PAN FRIED CHICKEN WITH LEMON CAPER PICCATA SAUCE served with haricots verts and fresh ricotta tortelloni
FOUR CHEESE CARAMELLE PASTA* with smoked fontina cream, wild mushrooms and roasted tomatoes
BALSAMIC CIPOLLINI GLAZED BEEF TENDERLOIN with sauteed spinach and parmesan chive mashed potatoes
ATL to ZRH
Wife chose Crag Cakes & I'm doing Tenderloin
Just received the exact same menu for my 9/30 MSP-AMS flight. Hope the chicken doesn’t disappoint.
Old Sep 30, 2019, 6:49 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
I just had the crab cakes on an ex-CDG TATL... one of the two best seafood dishes I've had on a plane. I realize that's a low bar.
mot29 likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2019, 12:04 pm

https://news.delta.com/fly-delta-app...implify-travel

under "New app features coming later this year"

"Also starting later this year, Delta One and domestic First Class customers will be able to take advantage of Delta’s popular pre-select meal program – giving them the option to choose their meal weeks in advance – straight from the Fly Delta app."
Old Oct 21, 2019, 7:01 am

Programs: DL-PM
DCA-MSP meal choices

Dinner flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.