Community
Wiki Posts
Search

No C+ seats on the CRJ-200s?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2016, 5:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Question No C+ seats on the CRJ-200s?

I'm trying to book some flights which unfortunately require a CRJ-200 connection. When I look at seat maps (which are pretty full), I only see preferred seats and regular white seats, no C+ at all.

It looks like preferred are located in the first two rows plus the exit row. Is this right?

Should I go for an exit row aisle or a window preferred seat in the second row? I usually like aisles.

BTW, this route unfortunately is operated by SkyWest. Travel is before May 16th.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 5:38 pm

The exit row on CRJ-200s does not have any additional pitch. Also, exit row windows have a thinner seat cushion (I think). I recommend row 2 if you have a personal item.

Delta only sells Comfort+ on aircraft that have a premium cabin.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 5:42 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'm trying to book some flights which unfortunately require a CRJ-200 connection. When I look at seat maps (which are pretty full), I only see preferred seats and regular white seats, no C+ at all.

It looks like preferred are located in the first two rows plus the exit row. Is this right?

Should I go for an exit row aisle or a window preferred seat in the second row? I usually like aisles.

BTW, this route unfortunately is operated by SkyWest. Travel is before May 16th.
There is no C+ on the 50 seaters. If you are wide in the shoulders, stay on the aisle. My least un-favorite seats are 1B/C and 8B/C. The exit row has an extra inch of legroom. The bulkhead allows you to stick your legs into the galley a little bit.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 6:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
There are actually two versions of the CRJ out there: the CRJ-100 and the CRJ-200.

The CRJ-100 (generally operated by ExpressJet) does have extra legroom in the exit rows, and row one.

The CRJ-200 is the one without extra exit row legroom, and has a cramped row one (generally operated by Endeavor).

I've flown on both configurations, and there definitely is a difference. I would avoid the exit row on all CRJ models, since the seats are generally smaller and are rock hard.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 6:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
+1 on avoiding the exit row on CRJs. 1B/C are my preference, you can snake a foot around the bulkhead and that's about as good as it gets on these torture tubes.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
imo the best (well, perhaps more accurately "only halfway good") feature of the CRJ is the "footrest" in the form of a maybe-3-inch-wide flat section of the lower part of the cabin structure where it joins the side wall below the windows

CRJ/ERJ have never had C+ seats
Old Feb 4, 2016, 8:47 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA P1K
Originally Posted by Widgets
The exit row on CRJ-200s does not have any additional pitch. Also, exit row windows have a thinner seat cushion (I think). I recommend row 2 if you have a personal item.

Actually exit rows are pitched at 32" with the rest of the plane at 31"
Old Feb 4, 2016, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
The seats in front of the exit row apparently can't recline, which is a plus.

How are the seat cushions on the exit row aisle seats?
Old Feb 4, 2016, 9:13 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The seats in front of the exit row apparently can't recline, which is a plus.

How are the seat cushions on the exit row aisle seats?
Poor. How long is the flight. For me, less than an hour I take the exit. More than an hour I find something else.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 8:04 am

Programs: DL GM, Hilton Silver, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Widgets

I would highly recommend against Row 2, most cramped seat I've sat in since making medallion. Actually I would recommend finding another route but sometimes that not an option.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 9:47 am

Programs: DL PM
Here's what I've settled on after a few years of taking at least one CR2 flight per week:

I usually take 2B or 2C. As these are preferred seats you're more likely to have a seat open next to you. 1B and 1C are fine if you don't need much overhead space, but the overheads above these seats are often taken by the FA and/or are blocked due to oxygen equipment in them.

I don't like window seats on the CR2s because (1) the windows are so low you have to scrunch down to see out of them--the line of sight is better from the aisle, and (2) the curvature of the fuselage intrudes on your foot space on the window side. Granted, the trade off in the aisle is you get bumped by every single person walking by.

If 2B or 2C aren't available I usually go back to the exit row, unless I have a short layover and want to be closer to the boarding door. I also try to check the seat assignments shortly before boarding and switch to any seat that would have an open seat next to it.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by 3furballs
Actually I would recommend finding another route but sometimes that not an option.
or < gasp! > perhaps even another airline for this trip ... although the likelihood is that anyone else will also be flying CRJs or ERJs as well
Old Feb 5, 2016, 10:25 am

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
8B and 8C are the best bad seats on the airplane.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 10:46 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hertz PC
I am 6'5" and hate these planes with a passion. I will take a connecting flight over a non-stop or take worse flight schedules simply to avoid them. That said, sometimes they are, unfortunately, unavoidable.

I made the mistake of booking an exit row one time -- never again. No appreciable extra room and the seat is a rock.

I will only sit in row 1. No one can recline into you, and you can get off the plane first. I also find that the solid armrests (due to bulkhead) help corral your seat mate into his/her seat vs. them sometimes trying to raise the armrest and become a snuggle buddy.

The only better option, IMO, is if you check the seat map right before boarding and can move into a row (any other row) that has an open seat next to it. That allows you to raise the armrest and sort of sit sideways. That is the most comfortable option, but it's a rare find these days.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 11:03 am
Original Poster

I don't have much choice. DL uses CRJ-200s exclusively at my destination airport. AA or UA would mean longer trips with the last segment on a little airplane too. The alternative would be driving for several areas, probably in snow, which isn't fun either.

I'm expecting both of the RJ flights to be full. There isn't much chance of an empty seat. At this point, my only preferred seat choices are 2A or just about anything in the exit row. There aren't even many/any regular "white" seats available on the seat maps. I assume that there might be two seats in the first row being blocked for special needs passengers that I might be able to grab during OLCI or at the gate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.